Disk Drive going bad again!

Discus and support Disk Drive going bad again! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is either my 4th or 5th console and its been going well for almost a year now. Every console I've gotten has had the disk drive go bad usually... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StEaLtH SnYpR, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Disk Drive going bad again!

This is either my 4th or 5th console and its been going well for almost a year now. Every console I've gotten has had the disk drive go bad usually within the first week or two. This one lasted a while but the disk drive now won't recognize when i put
    in a disk. All I asked for is a console that wouldn't go to *** on me and now its happening again. i don't know what to do please help

:)

StEaLtH SnYpR, Jan 18, 2016
  2. Disk unreadable error

If it happens on more then one disk then chances are your disk drive is going bad.

WickedCueball, Jan 18, 2016
  3. shaggy1082
    shaggy1082 Guest
    Flashing Green Light

It sounds like the disk drive might be sticking or going bad. I would contact Xbox and talk to them about a disk drive repair.

shaggy1082, Jan 18, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Have you tried the hard reset Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back
    in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test for results.

If it is still under warranty you may want to go ahead and place a service request
    https://myservice.xbox.com/

Good Luck!

{Parity}, Jan 18, 2016
  5. i don't know if it is still under warranty but it better be because like i said this is my 4th or 5th console (i lost track) all with the same problem so it better be covered. and yes i have tried a hard reset

StEaLtH SnYpR, Jan 18, 2016
  6. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    If it has been close to a year you should go ahead and check before any more time passes.

{Parity}, Oct 31, 2018
  7. {Parity} Win User

If it has been close to a year you should go ahead and check before any more time passes.
  8. {Parity} Win User

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Have you tried the hard reset Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back
    in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test for results.

If it is still under warranty you may want to go ahead and place a service request
    https://myservice.xbox.com/

Good Luck!
  9. StEaLtH SnYpR Win User

i don't know if it is still under warranty but it better be because like i said this is my 4th or 5th console (i lost track) all with the same problem so it better be covered. and yes i have tried a hard reset
  10. WickedCueball Win User

Disk unreadable error

If it happens on more then one disk then chances are your disk drive is going bad.
  11. shaggy1082 Win User

Flashing Green Light

It sounds like the disk drive might be sticking or going bad. I would contact Xbox and talk to them about a disk drive repair.
Thema:

1. Disk Drive going bad again! - Similar Threads - Disk Drive going

2. I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...: I do have current Xbox Series X with the disk drive and I can play digitally and physically on the two way on it. The Digital Xbox Series X will to be announced in June and to be released in the...
  3. Will the next xbox have a disk drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will the next xbox have a disk drive?: I hope Xbox does not get rid of the disk drive. If that is the case I know for a fact that the Xbox series x will be my last system. I collect my physical media. 2972ae98-efe9-489b-9a48-d219811b12c3
  4. Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea

in XboX Insiders
    Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea: Microsoft plans to refresh the Series X in 2024 with a new design which eliminates the disk drive. Stating this as plainly as possible, removing the disk drive from the consoles is a slap in the...
  5. Disk drive probably broken.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk drive probably broken.: My xbox disk drive doesn't work . When I put in a disk it would spin for like 3 seconds then stop and it does the same thing over and over and then stop spinning....
  6. Xbox disk drive won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disk drive won’t work: Microsoft. I’m disappointed. My Xbox one disk drive has stoped working. I have only owned this console for one year. I don’t mind that the drive didn’t work with movies. But I’m upset that I can...
  7. xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding: i've had this console for years and i've kept it in working condition, i'm not sure if the drive is going bad or if its just hitting the top of the drive casing 2c296d71-1f26-4a5b-baff-fdea1c06e17a
  8. Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...: Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive? 118863a3-95cc-4416-bde2-d983cb254615
  9. Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S: Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S c2abf77f-726c-41ae-8caf-713a9744e6e6
  10. Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?: Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive? I tried to find the User's Manual like a PDF File Online but I couldn't. Can someone link me then User's Manual? [img]...