Disk Drive Can't Read

Discus and support Disk Drive Can't Read in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good Day, I Purchased XBOX One 500 GB 4 days ago, after 2 days I discovered that system cant read from the disk drive and never react with the disks... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FearsomeHeart93, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Disk Drive Can't Read

Good Day,

I Purchased XBOX One 500 GB 4 days ago, after 2 days I discovered that system cant read from the disk drive and never react with the disks inserted to the drive

:)

FearsomeHeart93, Mar 29, 2016
  2. shadeArcane
    shadeArcane Guest
    Unable to play xbox original game

Despite the fact that it reads other disks, maybe the lite-on optical drive is to blame. Maybe trying another disk drive is in order...I can't think of anything else.

shadeArcane, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Samn337
    Samn337 Guest
    The my diskdrive is broken thread

Hazzuh to broken disk drives! 4 out of 6 friends Xbox ones can't read disks.. Just put a ticket in and will call MS tomorrow. Post here if you have problems/ maybe fixes you found.

Samn337, Mar 29, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Disk Drive Can't Read

If you are having these types of problems out of the box you should go ahead and return it to the place of purchase for an exchange. Good Luck!

{Parity}, Mar 29, 2016
  5. shadeArcane Win User

Unable to play xbox original game

Despite the fact that it reads other disks, maybe the lite-on optical drive is to blame. Maybe trying another disk drive is in order...I can't think of anything else.
  6. MadMax1x Win User

Online play

If your console can't read the disk it will be a disk issue or disk drive issue or dirty pick up lens it won't be because you deleted it from the hard drive. Try cleaning the disk with a damp cloth wiping inside to outer edge then wipe dry the same way.
    See if it reads the disk the console only needs the disk info and security code to start the multiplayer part of the game if you do the steps i said above it should now work. Also if you have a lens cleaning disk run that in your console to clean the pick
    up lens.
  7. Hordie Win User

Disk Drive Not Reading

Hi CaptREX501,

Sorry you're having issues with your drive. That sound is definitely not normal. If you're now having issues reading discs or its causing any damage to the discs I would use the link below and submit a repair on your Xbox. If you've had the console longer
    than a year you will need to pay to have it serviced, which is far less than a new console.

http://myservice.xbox.com
  8. Misses Quinzel Win User

Disk drive not reading

Hey there, Gonzo Spy! If you are in the preview program, then you will want to post up in the
    Update Preview Forums. There, the preview team can check up on what you're running into, and the community may be able to give you some hints. If you haven't already, I suggest
    submitting this through the feedback option on your console, too. That way the preview team already has this information. Thanks for understanding!
  9. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

trouble with my 360

Will it read other disks? Disk drive could be bad or on need of cleaning.
Thema:

Disk Drive Can't Read

1. Disk Drive Can't Read - Similar Threads - Disk Drive Can't

2. I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...: I do have current Xbox Series X with the disk drive and I can play digitally and physically on the two way on it. The Digital Xbox Series X will to be announced in June and to be released in the...
  3. Will the next xbox have a disk drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will the next xbox have a disk drive?: I hope Xbox does not get rid of the disk drive. If that is the case I know for a fact that the Xbox series x will be my last system. I collect my physical media. 2972ae98-efe9-489b-9a48-d219811b12c3
  4. Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea

in XboX Insiders
    Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea: Microsoft plans to refresh the Series X in 2024 with a new design which eliminates the disk drive. Stating this as plainly as possible, removing the disk drive from the consoles is a slap in the...
  5. Disk drive probably broken.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk drive probably broken.: My xbox disk drive doesn't work . When I put in a disk it would spin for like 3 seconds then stop and it does the same thing over and over and then stop spinning....
  6. Xbox disk drive won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disk drive won’t work: Microsoft. I’m disappointed. My Xbox one disk drive has stoped working. I have only owned this console for one year. I don’t mind that the drive didn’t work with movies. But I’m upset that I can...
  7. xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding: i've had this console for years and i've kept it in working condition, i'm not sure if the drive is going bad or if its just hitting the top of the drive casing 2c296d71-1f26-4a5b-baff-fdea1c06e17a
  8. Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...: Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive? 118863a3-95cc-4416-bde2-d983cb254615
  9. Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S: Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S c2abf77f-726c-41ae-8caf-713a9744e6e6
  10. Optical Disk Drive can't detect any disks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Optical Disk Drive can't detect any disks: I bought a used Xbox One and it worked perfectly. About 6 months (I've had it for a year now) after I bought it the optical disk drive just stopped working (Watched a Blu-ray movie before bed,...