Discord no longer connecting

Discus and support Discord no longer connecting in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; For the last 2 weeks now I cannot connect to discord on my xbox, and if I try to transfer a call from mobile to Xbox it get stuck "connecting" til it... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by kyle221b, May 2, 2023.

1. kyle221b
    kyle221b Guest

For the last 2 weeks now I cannot connect to discord on my xbox, and if I try to transfer a call from mobile to Xbox it get stuck "connecting" til it just gives up and disconnects. I found an article on this forum with the same problem and followed all the same steps they did to fix it but it is still broken

:)

kyle221b, May 2, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Try setting up manual DNS settings then install the game.

1. Please go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings >> manual

2. Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

3. Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

Solution 3: Please try setting up a mobile hotspot connection using your phone, then connect the console to the hotspot connection. Try using Discord and see if it connects.

Solution 4: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. OpticRJames Win User

You're welcome. I appreciate your time contacting us about the issue. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.
  4. kyle221b Win User

Seems to have fixed it, thank you for the help
  5. OpticRJames Win User

Try restarting your console and see if that sorts it out, if not, please try changing the network frequency on your router settings from 2.4 Ghz to 5 Ghz or 5 Ghz to 2.4 Ghz.
  6. kyle221b Win User

Mobile Hotspot worked after the manual DNS change, but can't maintain a multi-player connection, what am I supposed to do about that
Thema:

1. Discord no longer connecting - Similar Threads - Discord longer connecting

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Microphone echoing on Xbox when joining discord call

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone echoing on Xbox when joining discord call: Hi so the microphone echoes on my xbox console/controller regardless of the microhphone I use. Any issues to fix this? This does not happen anywhere else. I tried factory resetting but no avail....
  4. [AUDIO ISSUE] XBOX parties work with audio but not Discord Link

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    [AUDIO ISSUE] XBOX parties work with audio but not Discord Link: Well, I'm having issues. This started just today, and I did what was instructed on the help area. None of it seemed to help. When I join a voice connection, I see on my overlay someone talking,...
  5. Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again

in XboX Insiders
    Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again: I need help for this everything ive found on it has been outdated and not helpful submitted by /u/Greedy-End-8084 [link] [comments]
  6. Literally just all of a sudden my party chat no longer works and my discord bar is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Literally just all of a sudden my party chat no longer works and my discord bar is...: So I was just in a discord earlier like minutes before this happened and then all of a sudden my discord bar to join a discord server is gone and so I can no longer start a party is no longer just...
  7. Used the Discord option once and now it no longer shows up, any idea’s?

in XboX Insiders
    Used the Discord option once and now it no longer shows up, any idea’s?: Signed up for the update preview program and joined the Delta group. Tried Discord and everything went smoothly but once I disconnected from the call the option to use it hasn’t reappeared since....
  8. The icon to connect to a discord chat no longer appears for

in XboX Insiders
    The icon to connect to a discord chat no longer appears for: Yesterday I connected normally in a discord chat, but after restarting my console the icon just doesn't appear anymore, does anyone know what could have happened. I'm Brazilian, any grammatical...
  9. Discord beta no longer working!:(

in XboX Insiders
    Discord beta no longer working!:(: So the other day I had it working awesome! It was a fantastic experience and made my gameplay so much better! Now it doesn’t show the option to transfer voice to Xbox! I am on iPhone and I’ve...
  10. Discord option no longer showing up

in XboX Insiders
    Discord option no longer showing up: I'm in the beta ring and originally had the option to use discord on Xbox. But now the option is no longer showing up in my party tab. I still get the option to transfer to Xbox when on my discord...