Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats

Discus and support Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; whenever i join a VC xbox just keeps my mic muted and no one can hear me however when i switch accounts it works just fine, can anyone help me?... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DestryYT, Apr 9, 2024.

1. /u/DestryYT
    /u/DestryYT Guest

whenever i join a VC xbox just keeps my mic muted and no one can hear me however when i switch accounts it works just fine, can anyone help me?

submitted by /u/DestryYT
    [link] [comments]

/u/DestryYT, Apr 9, 2024
  2. Tatakai no Kami Win User

Help. Mic shows "muted" in every game

it could also be that if you are in party Chat, but join a game lobby, your mic will show as muted because you are in a party. Some games will display the mic as muted when you are in XBL party chat.
  3. AskingSteam5779 Win User

Game chat

My mic isn’t muted while I’m in party chat, my party chat is perfectly fine, it’s game chat that is just messed up
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

Hi AustinM2,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Are you streaming to Twitch directly from the Twitch app on the Xbox? Or are you streaming your Xbox One to your PC through the Xbox Console Companion app? Are you using party chat on the Xbox, or a party through the Xbox Companion app?

What you are describing is by design using the Xbox Live party chats because the servers for the chat are separate from the in-game chat servers. Xbox Live parties effectively mute in-game chat, and mute yourself from in-game chat as well because as I mentioned
    previously, party chats and in-game chats run on different servers. Xbox Live parties are more private channels for chatting with friends, so the muting aspect is by design. I believe this is why many Twitch streamers use Discord since you can hear both the
    Discord chat and in-game chat at the same time.
  5. ANWO DarkClow Win User

Mic cant seem to hear me on my xbox?

make sure you didn't mute mic on the party chat side not the controller adapter highlight your name in party chat and press Y.

pressing Y in party chat mode with your selection on the party chat system will mute you and pressing X mutes all party members (including yourself)

hope this fixes your problem and happy gaming.
  6. darkist1 Win User

Setting up HD60s with gen 3 A50s

Hi CaptainCDN,

The best way I've found to share my party chat from my xbox to a stream or game recording, is having a secondary account logged in on my Xbox Companion App on my PC, and joining the party chat with that. just remember to mute its mic.
Thema:

1. Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats - Similar Threads - Discord keeps mic

2. Xbox keeps asking me to relink discord

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox keeps asking me to relink discord: I tried to connect to my server to talk to my friends like I normally do and it asked me to relink it which I did then when I tried again it told me I still had to relink again. I even...
  3. Discord keeps telling me to relink despite attempts to

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord keeps telling me to relink despite attempts to: Ive read through other questions about this on the forums but no matter what nothing seems to work, Ive tried unlinking it both on the xbox itself and through both the xbox and discord apps and...
  4. Why does discord keep telling me to relink my account.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does discord keep telling me to relink my account.: For around 2 days I have not been able to use discord on Xbox, I check the server status and they are all running but I’m still have problems, please help. e20de5bc-6fa8-48df-bba9-36ecbbf6e5f5
  5. Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...: It’s just making me do the same thing over and over with no outcome leading towards me using discord on my xbox again. 8aa145d5-0cd1-45c1-80bb-4c7314a33051
  6. My Discord account is linked but it keeps asking me to link again

in XBoX on Windows
    My Discord account is linked but it keeps asking me to link again: The trouble is the title, I linked my Discord account yet it keeps asking me to link again, what should I do? 7fc98705-5edd-4f4a-9d98-20442f10d86a
  7. Why does my xbox keep saying reconnect/ relink my discord account, but doesn’t work?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox keep saying reconnect/ relink my discord account, but doesn’t work?: I am here to discuss, and ser if anyone has this problem. I have been trying to relink my discord account for the past 3 days and it is not working. I have restarted my xbox a total of 50 times,...
  8. So when I try to load up discord and it keeps saying I need to relink my account and I have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So when I try to load up discord and it keeps saying I need to relink my account and I have...: It’s just says to relink my account but when I go to relink it it says it link and everything but when I click on discord it says I need to relink it agn b4372920-acc7-4281-93c3-f4cd15a03e05
  9. I can't connect to my Discord Voice Chats cause it keeps saying i need t[o "Re-Link"

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't connect to my Discord Voice Chats cause it keeps saying i need t[o "Re-Link": Exactly what the Title says. It's not letting me Access any Discord Server on Xbox so i can chat to my Friends and whenever i try to transfer Voice via Discord's App, it denies it. I have...
  10. My Xbox keeps telling me to relink my Discord account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox keeps telling me to relink my Discord account: I've relinked my account 10 times, I've done it in console and the apps, I've reset, restart, and power cycles my Xbox and it's not working. Everytime I relink it, I get told to do it again....