Discord and Xbox mic issues.

Discus and support Discord and Xbox mic issues. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello, I am treating this post/issue as a tsb. Also generally an outreach to see if there is a known fix or is being fixed, or is even being payed... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by osX Fan, May 1, 2024.

1. osX Fan
    osX Fan Guest

Hello, I am treating this post/issue as a tsb. Also generally an outreach to see if there is a known fix or is being fixed, or is even being payed attention to.

Discord on xbox has had this issue for 2 years or more according to insider reddit posts and there is (at least to the accessible internet with many different types of google searches) no fix, and no planned action by xbox, again, to my knowledge. There also seems to be no assurance for xbox enjoyers who happen to want to use xbox for crossplay that the issue is being worked on or resolved.

• The issue is after a amount of time xbox will cause audio cuts of a few seconds through to discord, especially with prolonged speech, its not audio suppression like some might think, its not different headsets, dolby or any other augmenting software, although possibly these might play a role (demand on system os/cpu?), its due to xbox not integrating with discord appropriately, according to deleted reddit posts and archived xbox reports/questions (like this one) xbox needs to integrate discord into its os, or work on things significantly. As I understand it now, discord is treated as a background application, so if someone is, say, saving a game, and talking on discord, they might as well not talk. (i am talking about their audio cutting out almost as if they pulled the plug on their headset and plugged it back in quickly, hmmm i might start telling people xbox treats xdiscord enjoyers like a loose jack, and if you don't understand that, god help you, i'm not even that old)
    This is forcing people to go back to parties and defeats the point of crossplay, when some people might rather just not deal with having to repeat themselves a number of times to get a simple phrase across.

Some questions i have in search of a fix (i do not nor ever plan on owning a xbox, but i have friends i might be able to help that i crossplay with on an almost daily basis)

Mic exclusive mode for discord on xbox?

Hardware acceleration for discord on xbox?

Enable high priority for discord on xbox?

Keeping discord as a foreground application?

these might be simple or stupid questions, but as a person who has never looked through the eyes of an xbox player, or hasn't looked at a settings tab or any system related level of anything (i think you get my point) when it comes to xbox, i am asking these questions to see if they were ever thought of in the first place?

This is indeed a known issue, people reporting on this last month, and 2 years ago everything on it is buried rather quickly, the best thing to do is have a go-to microsoft page that has a result, not the latest post before mine "is this issue been resolved/is there a fix for this post" two years after an xbox employee took in enough info regarding this topic to justify a dev looking into it.

p.s. The audio troubleshooting guide for discord listed on the "how to use discord with xbox" links you to the PC (and everything else but xbox) app guide, there (to my knowledge) isn't a guide for xbox enjoyers to follow to troubleshoot xdiscord) Home>Friends and social activity>how to use discord with xbox>general audio issues

with ns on or off this happens

I'm posting for someone, well, everyone, having consistent issues with xbox and discord despite trying different things, at this point, its an xbox thing, it always comes down to "its an xbox thing"

Just pittifully sad.

pps names a namesake for a free pc+minecraft account i got which i forced windows onto anyway, only ever owned one apple product, and it was free <3 windows

:)

osX Fan, May 1, 2024
  2. Jesse_Dylan Win User

Xbox series X Discord integration has mic white noise

Hi—

My NAT is open, and my Xbox is connected to my router directly with a network cable. Like I said, this issue doesn’t occur with Xbox voice chat, only when I join a discord channel on Xbox, either via transferring it or joining directly from the Xbox discord menu. None of my other friends have this issue, as they’re on pc and connected to discord directly. I can also connect to discord on my phone and use my phone mic and don’t have that issue, despite that being wifi.

Thus, it seems to be the discord on Xbox system, which is extremely disappointing.
  3. Virtue 7E Win User

mic on xbox app sounds robotic

THIS WORKED FOR ME! MY MIC SOUNDED AWFUL IN ONLY XBOX APP NOT DISCORD OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. RECOMMEND THIS.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

How do I fix xbox game bar

gamebar is not the best for chat unfortunatley, i would make sure your mic is turned down slightly or it will distort.

I have since switch to discord and my mates on xbox use discord on the phone.
  5. Dlaloc Win User

My friends in party chat hear me as distorted and robotic

Testing my mic was done both with and without discord. Seems to have no affect.
  6. Yankee127 Win User

Windows 10 Microphone Quality Severely Degraded in Discord when in Game

Josef,

One of the first things I have tried is using my webcam mic instead. I have not been able to replicate the issue. It appears to be something with the mic on my Logitech headset. I noticed that someone else had a similar issue with their Blue! yeti mic. This headset has a Blue! microphone as well. What would you recommend? Also, I can not replicate the issue when using the browser version of discord.
Thema:

1. Discord and Xbox mic issues. - Similar Threads - Discord mic issues

2. Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats

in XboX Insiders
    Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats: whenever i join a VC xbox just keeps my mic muted and no one can hear me however when i switch accounts it works just fine, can anyone help me? submitted by /u/DestryYT [link] [comments]
  3. Discord on Xbox Series S/X, Xbox One, PS5 Mics Cut Out After 30+ minutes in a call

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord on Xbox Series S/X, Xbox One, PS5 Mics Cut Out After 30+ minutes in a call: Hello! The Discord voice chat on the Xbox Series X and S as well as PlayStation is glitchy and starts aggressively cutting out specifically only for the console people after about 30-60 minutes of...
  4. Xbox Edge Browser, Discord Mic access denied

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Edge Browser, Discord Mic access denied: I can’t use my microphone when I open Discord through Edge on my Xbox. This is the same issue that was reported slightly less than a year ago:...
  5. Discord voice chat cutting mic out?

in XboX Insiders
    Discord voice chat cutting mic out?: Anyone else having the issue or know the fix for series x/s discord voice auto muting mid sentences? Swapping to the mobile app no issues but on all 5 series X and s consoles I have, discord voice...
  6. Mic not being picked up with discord server

in XboX Insiders
    Mic not being picked up with discord server: I’m trying to troubleshoot an issue with my Xbox. The issue is that when I connect my regular gaming headset to discord the mic stops working and no one can hear me. The headset works if I am in...
  7. Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad

in XboX Insiders
    Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad: I've tried playing with my friends on other devices and we use discord to call, recently ive been trying to vc on discord with them but they keep telling me the mic quality is much worse. I don't...
  8. discord voice chat and in-game mic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    discord voice chat and in-game mic issue: when I'm using discord talking with friends my mic is not muted but when I play overwatch 2 and still in the voice channels that mic in game won't work and I have overwatch mic set to open I can't...
  9. Mic delay in discord call on xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic delay in discord call on xbox series x: Starting this past week, my friends on PC have said that my voice is delayed significantly enough to hinder our communication in competitive games (around 2 seconds or more). Is there an issue...
  10. My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...: I have an Xbox one S. I’m not sure why the mic works in discord, but not in the Xbox party. I don’t change anything when I switch, my mic isn’t muted but when I go to an Xbox party others can’t...