Disconnecting issues with headset and controller.

Discus and support Disconnecting issues with headset and controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having issues with my wireless controller and wireless headset. Both the headset and controller disconnect randomly which is frustrating. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RileyN1, Feb 8, 2022.

1. RileyN1
    RileyN1 Guest

I am having issues with my wireless controller and wireless headset. Both the headset and controller disconnect randomly which is frustrating. I currently have my gaming xbox wired to the controller, which solved the issue for the controller, but not headset. My other xbox’s in the apartment are meant for more entertainment uses, so it’s not a huge deal when they disconnect, but can be frustrating when someone wants to play a game and the controller/ headset disconnects for them. I’ve updated all the consoles and controllers, along with the headsets. Additionally, I’ve hard reset everything, but the issue still continues. I've also tried reconnecting the controller/ headset, but still no changes. My assumption is that there are many connections around us that are interfering with connections from the controller/ headset to the console since I live in an apartment. Is there any solutions to this issue?

(When I didn't live in an apartment, there were no connection issues with either the headset or controller until I moved).

:)

RileyN1, Feb 8, 2022
  2. Fallen7768 Win User

Mic audio

I get this issue sometimes normally disconnecting my headset from the controller and reconnecting it a few times will solve the issue
  3. O Corpo Win User

Turtle Beach static / not working

No one else has issues with a headset stopping the controller from working? It will actually disconnect and say, to reconnect controller while playing. Batteries are charged fully.
  4. Fareedsd Win User

Call of Duty: Vanguard controller disconnect problem

I have the same problem. Its been months and call of duty has still not fixed the issue. The problem is having a wired headset connected to your controller. This is a glitch which COD has to fix. Nothing is wrong with the console. When you navigate the game menu disconnect your headset and it will work fine and wont disconnect. If it does disconnect in game or anything, just disconnect your headset for 5 seconds and it will reconnect.
  5. carlossanchez1824 Win User

Xbox Series X controller disconnection, specific

I have the same issue! Most of the times it happens when my headsets disconnects because of dead battery and I plug in a cord from controller to headset. It’ll cause my console to lose connection to both my controllers.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for the swift reply, RileyN1.

We appreciate your detailed answers as this helped us isolate the issue better. So let's say, you are using same set of Xbox Controllers and headsets from two different location. Yet, in the apartment you are staying gives you connectivity issue, that would mean there is indeed interference with the devices around and in-between console and controller + headset.

Best thing you can do is to minimize the devices around your console and controller + headset. Then, one at a time or every after a game, you'll add one device beside or near the game set-up you had. After which you can decide and observe which devices is best to be stored in different location (if the connectivity issue is persists).

Or you could also try to connect your controller to console via USB cable and test it out without and few devices around your game set-up (console and controller + headset).

Lastly, you may take an idea or two from this thread - XBox only visible in network map when laptop connected through.

Hope this helps! Have a great day ahead and enjoy gaming!

Kind regards,

Thema:

1. Disconnecting issues with headset and controller. - Similar Threads - Disconnecting issues headset

2. Cloudplay issues on Android, immediately disconnects

in XboX Insiders
    Cloudplay issues on Android, immediately disconnects: On android, When I can actually get it to start it immediately disconnects, but most of the time it won't even let me log in to my main account which is the only one with ultimate, works fine on...
  3. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  4. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  5. Controllers Disconnecting Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers Disconnecting Issue: Hi All, I own an Xbox series x that is roughly one year old. I constantly run into an issue with controller connectivity. Even when I have a brand new controller (fresh out of box), fresh...
  6. Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue: im in a party with my girlfriend then it keeps disconnecting with the error code 95614660-5b61-403d-aae3-8a8546eac6b8
  7. Disconnect issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnect issue: My xbox is randomly disconnecting from Internet and live, it's not WiFi as I've connected it via ether net cable and still having the same issue, only thing that works is a hold down button...
  8. Xbox Controller Disconnect PC Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller Disconnect PC Issue: Hey guys, Anyone happened this issue before? Xbox logo lights on but can't press anything on game sometimes. On fifa/efootball games Its really annoying you lost gamepad control while you...
  9. Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X: hope this finds you well. My name is Nathan and I am writing to you as a devoted gamer and long-time supporter of the Xbox brand. I have been a proud owner of the Xbox Series X since its release,...
  10. Constant wireless disconnect issues! WTH is happening?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant wireless disconnect issues! WTH is happening?!: I have two Elite 2 controllers and a wireless headset that will randomly disconnect. Lasts about 5 seconds then reconnects. I never had this issue before but now since adding the second controller...