Disconnecting headset (wireless/wired) causes video in Youtube and Dashboard audio to play...

Discus and support Disconnecting headset (wireless/wired) causes video in Youtube and Dashboard audio to play... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi all, noticed this a couple weeks back but it's still doing it now. Happens 100% of the time with the wireless headset, 50+% of the time with wired.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/pinkurpledino, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Disconnecting headset (wireless/wired) causes video in Youtube and Dashboard audio to play...

Hi all, noticed this a couple weeks back but it's still doing it now. Happens 100% of the time with the wireless headset, 50+% of the time with wired.

How to reproduce: Connect a wireless headset to the xbox, load Youtube and watch a video, disconnect the wireless headset (either go out of range, or turn it off). Video will play 1/4-1/2 and dashboard sounds will also be bugged. I have reported this via the app on the xbox too whilst it was doing it. I don't think it's a Youtube problem due to the dashboard sounds being bugged also.

Occasionally it'll fix itself, otherwise you need to either reconnect a headset (wired, or wireless), or restart the xbox. Killing the running apps/games does not fix it.

Original (2014) Xbox One

Edit: I have reported this on the console also

submitted by /u/pinkurpledino
    [link] [comments]

/u/pinkurpledino, Jun 24, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Getting Disconnected

Are you using a 3rd party wireless headset when playing a game?

"Third-party wireless headsets can cause active interference because they broadcast on the same frequency as wireless routers. To identify if the headset is causing the issue, disconnect the power from the base station of the wireless headset, then
    check to see if this clears up the connection problem you were experiencing."

Before you go down the route of a Complete Factory reset I would try a wired connection to your router.
  3. ZombieJesterCOE Win User

Headset

Is it a wired or wireless headset?

If wired, try making sure the audio port on the controller is clean as well.
  4. Shadowskill08 Win User

Headphones won’t stay connected

Is this a wired or wireless headset? Headphones will typically be packaged with a manual for troubleshooting disconnection.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

XBOX ONE X

6. Smuroh Win User

Headset or Controller problem

Hi braelynnfiedler,

Firstly is your headset wired or wireless, if it is wireless you will need to reconnect it to the xbox after a reset as the xbox has now removed anything that was connected to it, if it is a wired headset then maybe try disconnecting the controller and reconnecting
    it again to see if that helps.
Thema:

Disconnecting headset (wireless/wired) causes video in Youtube and Dashboard audio to play...

1. Disconnecting headset (wireless/wired) causes video in Youtube and Dashboard audio to play... - Similar Threads - Disconnecting headset wireless

2. BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging: I'm unsure if this is the correct "Products/Category/Topics" for said issue, so if there is a more accurate place to be for this, let me know, thanks! BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01, is...
  3. Xbox Wireless Headset keeps disconnecting. What's the newest firmware?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset keeps disconnecting. What's the newest firmware?: I have bought a used xbox wireless adapter (official) for my pc so that I can connect my Xbox wireless headset to it. Somehow it starts loosing connection while playing and then reconnects...
  4. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  5. Why is my xbox and wireless headset keep getting disconnected??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox and wireless headset keep getting disconnected??: When I jumped on my xbox series s today after work, I've noticed that when I press the Xbox button my controller and headset but just disconnect for a bit and then reconnect, anyone else having...
  6. Xbox wireless headset won't disconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset won't disconnect: I'm trying to play cloud gaming on my tablet while my wife plays our Xbox series X on the TV. I've connected my Xbox wireless headset to my tablet but then it still connects to the seriex X so...
  7. Controller, wireless headset complete disconnect

in XboX Insiders
    Controller, wireless headset complete disconnect: Current version: Xbox update preview beta Scenario: Loss of connection of controller, headset (xbox wireless headset), and when in use, racing wheel (thrustmaster tmx pro) for around 20 seconds...
  8. Wireless headset and controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset and controller keeps disconnecting: I’ve had these controllers and Xbox for three years and nothing like this has ever happened. I use the controllers that came with the xbox and use a new Razer Kaira wireless headset. They all...
  9. Wireless Headset and Controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Headset and Controller keep disconnecting: My headset and controllers keep disconnecting but staying on. I have the controllers that came with my xbox one x and a turtle beach stealth 700 wireless. Have used the same headset for almost 2...
  10. Series S wireless headset and controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S wireless headset and controller keep disconnecting: So about 4 months ago I purchased a new xbox series S and it worked fine then a few months ago my controller started disconnecting and now my headset and controller disconnect every couple of...