Disconnecting from xbox live

Discus and support Disconnecting from xbox live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was wondering if anyone could help me. I've been having a problem with my connection and I'm trying to find the root of the problem. I have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Slurpidy, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Slurpidy
    Slurpidy Guest

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I've been having a problem with my connection and I'm trying to find the root of the problem. I have tried everything to sort it and I can't tell whether it is a hardware problem with my Xbox or something to do with
    my router. I am constantly disconnected from Xbox live. I can sign in fine and play games online but after about 20 minutes I get disconnected. After that happens I have to exit and test my connection. After that I am able to play games but then the same thing
    happens again. I've followed everything that support has told me to do but I'm still having this problem. My connection is wireless nd the support said that I have a high enough speed to stay connected. My Nat type is open and I have UPnP enabled and my ports
    are forwarded correctly. I get full strength on my wireless so I don't think it can be the strength of the signal. I've tried deleting my profile, clearing the system cache, uninstalling updates on the Xbox and I've run out of options.

Sorry if any of that is confusing. My router is the Bt home hub 3 if anyone was wondering. I've looked at other forum posts with the same problem as me and the fixes that are on them I've already tried. Please can anyone help me?

:)

Slurpidy, Jan 11, 2014
  2. JoshTasaico
    JoshTasaico Guest
    X1 Desperate Help !!

I've tried hard resetting and updating and the controller is charged. I don't understand why that every time my Xbox disconnects from live that my controller disconnects as well. For starters I don't even know why my live is disconnecting...

JoshTasaico, Jan 11, 2014
  3. Keeps disconnecting from Xbox live

I keep disconnecting from Xbox live

o WHISKY DUDE o, Jan 11, 2014
  4. PalZer0
    PalZer0 Guest

Hi Slurpidy.

-

Can you connect your console to your BT Home Hub using an ethernet cable? If you can, I'd suggest trying that to see if the problem goes away. If it does, you may have some Wi-Fi interference from other devices using the 2.4GHz frequency (cordless phones,
    laptops, portable consoles, etc).

-

If the problem doesn't go away after trying an ethernet connection (or if that isn't possible), you'll need to get in touch with your ISP as there may be an issue on their end that's affecting XBL traffic.

PalZer0, Jan 11, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: