disconnected from live, every time i change games

Discus and support disconnected from live, every time i change games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't seem to find help on this, its not random or occasional it happens every time i change games, disk or downloaded... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VicelikeChart24, Apr 23, 2014.

1. disconnected from live, every time i change games

I can't seem to find help on this, its not random or occasional it happens every time i change games, disk or downloaded

:)

VicelikeChart24, Apr 23, 2014
  2. Young Zeo
    Young Zeo Guest
    Getting disconnected from xbox live when games start

Every time i start a game , i get disconnected from x box live. Sometimes two three time before the game will start

Young Zeo, Apr 23, 2014
  3. JoshTasaico
    JoshTasaico Guest
    X1 Desperate Help !!

I'll start up a game and in about 5 minutes or so my controller disconnects. I've figured out that every time I see my controller disconnect, that live actually disconnects as well. Does anyone know how the controller and live are related? I need a fix desperately!! I never had the problem before only started about a month ago. Don't know why I'm getting disconnected from live

JoshTasaico, Apr 23, 2014
  4. DGYT
    DGYT Guest

Have you tried deleting and recovering your account?

5. DGYT Win User

Have you tried deleting and recovering your account?
  6. Reckreational Win User

Xbox Live Disconnects When Playing Multiplayer Games

Also it's not random times that I disconnect. It seems to happen every 20-30 minutes. I fully disconnect from Xbox Live altogether.
  7. echo21 Win User

Disconnects from Xbox Live every time i go on a game

8. VibroPlex Win User

Disconnects from Xbox Live every time i go on a game

I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just updates plus other temporary files, nothing that's at all important to anyone) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

If that doesn't fix it *please* first

1) go to
    http://www.xbox.com/accounts
    & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then STOP: DON'T delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings

3) pick System

4) choose Storage

5) pick All Devices

6) choose Gamer Profiles

7) pick the gamertag

8) choose Delete, and

9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Windows Live ID for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the WLID.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Select the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's
    Xbox!

7) Sign in, and play!
  9. BradM29 Win User

Disconnects from Xbox Live Every Time I Start A Game

Step 1: Run the Live Connection Test

Usually the test will go through as normal but just to be sure, check the results in case there are any error codes or messages. In some cases, running the test alone can sort things!

Step 2: Clear the Console Cache

Don’t worry if you’ve never done this before; clearing the cache on the console won’t remove a Gamertag, DLC, game saves, or any dashboard updates. It will clear out some temporary files and game “title updates.” Those are the updates that get downloaded
    when a game starts up.

To clear the cache:

Go to the Storage Menu

Press ‘Y’ on a storage device (not the cloud)

Select “Clear System Cache”

Confirm with “Yes”

That’s it! It only takes a second or two for the cache to clear. If your Helpee thinks nothing happened, they may have just blinked and missed it!

Step 3: Re-download Profile

Next, the helpee’s profile needs to be downloaded to the console again. To avoid even the possibility of losing something important, only recommend they download the profile. Do not recommend deleting the profile! Downloading a profile is done by going to
    the Sign In or Out Screen and going all the way to the right. Once the MSA and password (or two-factor code) is entered, the download will start.

Step 4: Restart the Console

This is another safety step. Err on the side of caution and give the console a little downtime.

That should stabilize your helpee’s connection to Live! If any error codes or other hurdles show up during these steps, switch gears and work to resolve those before going on. Prepare to help with getting passwords remembered and security proofs set!

Helpful Links!

Keep these pages handy to send out the steps to anyone who needs them:

Clear System Cache -
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Download Profile -
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete
Thema:

1. disconnected from live, every time i change games - Similar Threads - disconnected live every

2. my xbox 360 is not signing in to xbox live, it disconnects from xbox live immediately

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox 360 is not signing in to xbox live, it disconnects from xbox live immediately: my xbox 360 is not signing in to xbox live, it disconnects from xbox live immediately fab7d17f-be89-45f1-ba98-50f835c2af69
  3. Disconnected from Xbox Live when signing in on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Disconnected from Xbox Live when signing in on my Xbox 360: I haven't been able to sign into Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 since 12/18/23, the following has been happening since then. I get disconnected from Xbox Live every time I sign in on my Xbox 360. My...
  4. Xbox 360 Live disconnects when launching a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Live disconnects when launching a game: My xbox 360 can sign into my xbox live account and connect with no issue on the dashboard, but when i open a game it forcibly disconnects me from live and will not reconnect until i return to the...
  5. Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection: This is a bit long winded, but this is an accounting of what has taken place, and lead me here: I finished/100% a game on my Xbox 360 yesterday that was not back compat to the Series X. No...
  6. 100% Packet loss and disconnecting from Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% Packet loss and disconnecting from Xbox live: Hi My Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from Xbox live I have run an internet test and have Upload Speed of 17mb/s, download speed 52.64mbs and wireless strength of 100%. However my latency is...
  7. Disconnected From Xbox Live on backwards compatible games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disconnected From Xbox Live on backwards compatible games.: I am having trouble playing backwards compatible games. It will just say disconnected from Xbox live after about 10 minutes. I’ve tried everything to try and fix it. Used different wifi, deleted...
  8. My xbox 360 disconnects from Xbox live while playing digital games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox 360 disconnects from Xbox live while playing digital games.: It's very frustrating. When I'm trying to play digital games my profile disconnects from xbox live. 2088cd6f-2e93-4cbe-9fe0-dd1e0626f25f
  9. Xbox Live disconnects every 5-10 minutes, only in backwards compatible games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live disconnects every 5-10 minutes, only in backwards compatible games: I've been playing Black Ops 2 through backwards compatability and I constantly get disconnected from XBL only on the Xbox 360 side of things, Series X is still connected fine. I tried pretty much...
  10. Why does my system keep disconnecting from Xbox live every time I load a older game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my system keep disconnecting from Xbox live every time I load a older game?: I download any older Xbox 360 game and as it load it’s said disconnected from Xbox live. Why? 429fe621-4e08-4362-b586-37a340a5132e