Disc won't read!!! Help!

Discus and support Disc won't read!!! Help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So for my xbox 360, I have about 70 disc games and I love to play with them all. Especially my borderlands series. Borderlands has always been my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AWE5OM3Y0, Mar 6, 2016.

1. AWE5OM3Y0
    AWE5OM3Y0 Guest

Disc won't read!!! Help!

So for my xbox 360, I have about 70 disc games and I love to play with them all. Especially my borderlands series. Borderlands has always been my favourite game, so when I took kinde like a break from Xbox for a few months and came back now to play my borderlands
    pre sequel....it kept saying disc unreadable. When a few months back it worked like a charm. I had kept it hidden in my room so nobody could go and break/scratch it. I just don't it, I cleaned it multiple times and it's my cleanest disc of all. Even my borderlands
    2 which is fairly scratched because of my cousins, works! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

:)

AWE5OM3Y0, Mar 6, 2016
  2. Disc won't read

csgo digital download works but I don't have and can't afford a disc.

ShamelessPvp123, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Disc won't read

My Xbox 360 game won't read. Nothing shows up and nothing happens when I plug it in and I can't afford to buy a new one. It is used. Anyone know how to fix it?

ShamelessPvp123, Mar 6, 2016
  4. Mesowhite
    Mesowhite Guest

Disc won't read!!! Help!

Mesowhite, Apr 3, 2016
  5. joker12110 Win User

Help Xbox Won't Read Disc's!!!

If you really do not want to send your xbox in to microsoft, you can buy a new disc drive kit online and replace it yourself. Doing so will void warranty, although I'm sure yours is already expired because you don't want to send it in. Your much better off
    either sending it in to be repaired or buy the new console.
  6. Akradon Win User

Unfortunately I don't think so. It does sound like your disc drive and/or laser has had it. You can try giving the disc drive a blow to see if it's clear from dust. Otherwise you can arrange to send your xbox off for repair
    or just get a new xbox. Sorry.
  7. BadBorderKellie Win User

If you have tried all the simple things like removing all usb drives, clearing your system cache, and removing and plugging in all plugs again. Then before you send it in try tapping your xbox repeatedly and immediately after closing disc tray. Dont do it
    too hard, but dont do it too soft. This worked for me. just press close and start tapping while the disc is in. Until it has loaded then it should work fine
  8. ShamelessPvp123 Win User

Disc won't read

Hey there,

Do other Xbox 360 back compat games work specifically? If other backward compatible Xbox 360 discs work, that Black Ops II disc may need to be replaced.

Keep us posted!
    csgo digital download works but I don't have and can't afford a disc.
  9. Daft Badger Win User

Discs won't read

Definitely sounds like the disc drive is on it's way out.Had the same thing myself in the past.

If it's in warranty then you can send it of for a repair at no cost.If it's not in warranty then you'd be better off buying a new xbox as it's not that much more expensive than paying Microsoft to repair it.

You can get the digital versions of your games but you would have to pay for them.You wont get them for free just because you own the disc version.
Thema:

Disc won't read!!! Help!

1. Disc won't read!!! Help! - Similar Threads - Disc won't read

2. Disc won't read on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc won't read on Xbox One: I cannot get game to read on Xbox One. b1f8cfa8-baf0-443e-815e-f17b48c0ff5c
  3. Original Xbox won't read discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox won't read discs: Hey guys, anyone have experience with working on original Xbox? Mine stopped reading discs. I opened it up and replaced the laser, as I read that is a common problem since it is so old. It still...
  4. Series X Won't read Assassin's creed Mirage disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X Won't read Assassin's creed Mirage disc: I tried resettingmy console and everything and the disc still won't read, installed the game from my app and get an error that I don't own the game. Other discs work fine....
  5. I installed a new xbox one X disc drive and it won't read discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    I installed a new xbox one X disc drive and it won't read discs: I installed new disc drive in my xbox one x. I can insert and eject disc, but it wont play discs. Message there is a problem with disc drive wont be able to play discs request repair. Microsoft...
  6. My call of duty infinite warfare disc won't read on my xbox one anymore . What is going on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My call of duty infinite warfare disc won't read on my xbox one anymore . What is going on: My call of duty Infinite warfare gaming disc isn't being read by my xbox one console anymore. I did delete an account tho achievements and progress for my 2 other accounts are still saved. I've...
  7. Why won't my Xbox read my copy of Dragonball XenoVerse 2 but will read any other disc I have?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox read my copy of Dragonball XenoVerse 2 but will read any other disc I have?: The disc is in perfect condition and it won't read the disc evidently. I tried the disc on a different Xbox and it read fine. I tried other discs and it reads the other discs perfectly fine....
  8. Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...: I've tried cleaning the disc and the xbox and reseting it multiple times and it doesn't work,the disc isn't in the worst condition a little scratched but it's ok and nothing I do seems to work I...
  9. My disc won't read for gta 5 Can you help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My disc won't read for gta 5 Can you help?: Can you help me because gta 5 won't read c8881087-8d98-4ee5-b37b-72374b9d5f1c
  10. COD: Bo2 disc won't read but every other disc does.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD: Bo2 disc won't read but every other disc does.: I'm starting to get frustrated at this. I tried EVERYTHING to get the disc to work and it just won't read it. Every other game works, even old CODs like MW3. Why is this happening? The disc is...