Disc not being read. Help needed

Discus and support Disc not being read. Help needed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to play Batman Arkham Origins disc on my xbox one x and it wont read it. I have tried other 360 discs and regular discs with no problem. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JasonLosey, Aug 1, 2020.

1. JasonLosey
    JasonLosey Guest

I am trying to play Batman Arkham Origins disc on my xbox one x and it wont read it. I have tried other 360 discs and regular discs with no problem. I have cleared the cache and held the power button down til light went off and waited a couple minutes
    before turning it on. I loaded it on my daughters xbox one with no problem(it is an og xbox) but my one x wont read that disc and only that disc. There are no scratches or anything wrong with the disc. Does anyone have any ideas? I also played it on this one
    x a couple months ago, so I know it can work. Please help. Thank you.

:)

JasonLosey, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Can’t open my game.

So this is a disc game, not a digital purchase? The disc is not being read when you try to install it or when trying to play it?

If the disc is defective, then that's probably the issue here as the console needs to read the disc to prove the game ownership.
  3. NoSalvation650 Win User

Disc not being read

Thank you all for the responses.

To the first post, I am not sure what you're talking about, since the only discs i am using is xbox one discs. I don't own a 360 or any games anymore, so titanfall and resident evil 4 are the xbox one versions. Its not reading any xbox one games, sunset
    overdrive, assassins creed syndicate, DOOM, rare replay, etc. I tried them all, and they arent being read.

I did get an external hard drive, buts thats not the issue since i tried unplugging it and using internal to load up halo 5 but it still didn't work that way either.

I will try clearing persistent storage though and holding the disc, but yeah i'm not really sure what to do.
  4. MessiahBrowny Win User

Discs not being read

Seems there an issue with the latest update are your part of the beta program?

If not try this
    support.xbox.com/.../disc-error

if still no luck i would ring Xbox support
  5. Georges C. Win User

Disc not being read

Hello again, I don't suggest full reset because it doesn't seem to me to be something on the operating system but should try it anyway.

If possible test these disks on some console of a friend of yours or relative to see if they can run, so we know if the question is on the disk or on the console.
  6. WonderedCart Win User

Disc not being read

Hi Georges,

Thanks for the welcome. I just tried the reset method you described and the problem still hasn't been fixed. All the other discs besides the ones mentioned will play fine, but those two don't even bring up the relevant error. If it helps, I can hear the disc drive start to spin and then shortly after (about 3 seconds) a small beep can be heard before it gives up. It tries this three or four times before giving up on the disc entirely. If you have any other ideas they'd be much appreciated, otherwise I'll likely end up trying to exchange the disc or try the full reset (including the games) to see if those work.
Thema:

1. Disc not being read. Help needed - Similar Threads - Disc being read

2. Rock band 4 disc can't be read

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rock band 4 disc can't be read: I bought rock band 4 about a month ago. I had an issue getting the disc to install. After installation it would read the disc for about a day, now I can barley get it to read the disc at all....
  3. GTA 5 Downloaded on Xbox Store "Disc couldn't be read"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA 5 Downloaded on Xbox Store "Disc couldn't be read": Hello, So.... I've just bought GTA 5 for my Xbox 360 on the Xbox Games Store. After downloading it (7,7 GB) I tried to start it and I got the error "Disc couldn't be read" I don't know how to...
  4. downloaded Fallout new Vegas "disc cannot be read"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    downloaded Fallout new Vegas "disc cannot be read": I downloaded fallout new Vegas a couple weeks ago. I can play for a few minuets but it always comes up with "disc cannot be read". I have literally done everything imaginable to get this game to...
  5. Skyrim Disc can't be read be read after pressing the continue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim Disc can't be read be read after pressing the continue: I've been playing Skyrim for a long time on my Xbox 360. I haven't taken it out or anything and then one day I turned on the system and told to play Skyrim. Everything was fine up until it got to...
  6. Disc can't be read.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc can't be read.: I'm having a weird combo issue. My disc, while it works in my roommates xbox won't work in mine. However my other games read just fine. So if the disc works and my box works why won't they work...
  7. GTA V disc will not play because the disc cannot be read

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V disc will not play because the disc cannot be read: My xbox keeps saying that my GTA V disc (and no other games) is unreadable. I even tried using my friends disc and it still won't work. I have also previously played GTA V on this console...
  8. download forza horizon and when playing it it appears to me that the disc can not be read

in XBoX on Consoles
    download forza horizon and when playing it it appears to me that the disc can not be read: download forza horizon and when playing it it appears to me that the disc can not be read 2bcbec30-5fc9-4706-9531-e407926c79ca
  9. USB Flash Drive indicates Disc Cannot Be Read

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Flash Drive indicates Disc Cannot Be Read: I have 2 Kingston 32GB USB Flash Drives and they both experience the same problem. I recently purchased Forza Horizon and of course, downloaded it to my USB drive. I start the single player game...
  10. Xbox can't write to my profile then disc can't be read then I lose my gamer profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox can't write to my profile then disc can't be read then I lose my gamer profile: Okay so I just recently got a used xbox from GameStop and I was able to make a profile and download halo 4 just fine, I set up my connection to live and had no problems. I was able to play for a...