Disc issues on 360 Slim

Discus and support Disc issues on 360 Slim in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a refurbished 360 Slim on Newegg two years ago. Recently, it started having issues where it wouldn't read any discs in drive. I took it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gschaaf, Mar 31, 2014.

1. gschaaf
    gschaaf Guest

Disc issues on 360 Slim

I purchased a refurbished 360 Slim on Newegg two years ago. Recently, it started having issues where it wouldn't read any discs in drive.

I took it to a place who claimed to be an authorized service center and after 1 month...they were completely unable to resolve the issue and actually made it worse. (Before, I could eject the tray/disc by using the button on the drive. After, can only
    eject from the console screen.)

I submitted it to Microsoft last week for repair, but it's being rejected. I was hoping that Microsoft would fix it (I fully expected to be charged for their services) or if it was unable to be repaired, offered another refurbished one at a lower price.

I'm guessing the fact the the attempted repair made it worse violates a ToS against tampering or attempting to modify the console...which would explain why my repair request has been rejected. My question is: Is there any sort of assistance I can get from
    Microsoft at this point, or should I just give all this up and recycle this console someplace?

:)

gschaaf, Mar 31, 2014
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    360 Slim says all discs are unreadable

[quote user="Schadigung"]I'm having an issue with my Xbox 360 slim. When I put in a disc it says the disc is unreadable.[/quote]The Using My Console forum has

a thread dealing with disc read issues
    .[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]Being a slot loading optical drive on the Xbox 360 Slim,[/quote]All 360 models use a
    tray load drive. None have a slot load mechanism.

IceStorm III, Mar 31, 2014
  3. Sun-Tracker
    Sun-Tracker Guest
    No More Video Output to Monitor

I did try it with no game in the disc tray, yes. I took it out on day 1 when this all started.

I just borrowed another Xbox 360 Slim -- Same Model # (1439) and manufactured in the same month as mine, and it works with no issues on my monitor, so this 100% proves it is my Xbox 360 Slim that is the cause of the problem. I give up.

Sun-Tracker, Mar 31, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Disc issues on 360 Slim

Sorry but the first issue is that the console you purchased from Newegg was refurbished. Xbox does not release refurbished consoles into the market for other businesses to sell.

This means that you purchased a console that could never have been repaired by Xbox in the first place.

Also, the only authorized service center for Xbox consoles is Xbox themselves. They do not authorize outside sources to repair products at all.

I'm sorry but unfortunately there is no way to get Xbox to repair your console. You'll need to purchase a new one. I would recommend getting one from your local gaming store (brand new) as opposed to a used one which could cause more headaches in the future.

onyxishere, Mar 31, 2014
  5. gschaaf
    gschaaf Guest
    Wow. I thought I was getting turned down for the repair based on the fact that I had someone attempt to fix the issue. I never thought about it being refurbished as the reason for it being denied.

To make sure I understand you correctly: Xbox will ONLY repair units that have been purchased BRAND NEW from them or an authorized retailer. Refurbished units (like the one I purchased at Newegg or the ones available online at Gamestop) are a violation
    of the ToS and as such, will NOT be serviced by Microsoft if there is an issue.

gschaaf, Apr 2, 2014
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    That's pretty much it. If a console looks as though it's been opened up when you send it in the repair will be refused. Sorry you had to learn this the hard way.

onyxishere, Oct 31, 2018
  7. onyxishere Win User

Disc issues on 360 Slim

That's pretty much it. If a console looks as though it's been opened up when you send it in the repair will be refused. Sorry you had to learn this the hard way.
  8. gschaaf Win User

Disc issues on 360 Slim

Wow. I thought I was getting turned down for the repair based on the fact that I had someone attempt to fix the issue. I never thought about it being refurbished as the reason for it being denied.

To make sure I understand you correctly: Xbox will ONLY repair units that have been purchased BRAND NEW from them or an authorized retailer. Refurbished units (like the one I purchased at Newegg or the ones available online at Gamestop) are a violation
    of the ToS and as such, will NOT be serviced by Microsoft if there is an issue.
  9. onyxishere Win User

Disc issues on 360 Slim

Sorry but the first issue is that the console you purchased from Newegg was refurbished. Xbox does not release refurbished consoles into the market for other businesses to sell.

This means that you purchased a console that could never have been repaired by Xbox in the first place.

Also, the only authorized service center for Xbox consoles is Xbox themselves. They do not authorize outside sources to repair products at all.

I'm sorry but unfortunately there is no way to get Xbox to repair your console. You'll need to purchase a new one. I would recommend getting one from your local gaming store (brand new) as opposed to a used one which could cause more headaches in the future.
  10. IceStorm III Win User

360 Slim says all discs are unreadable

[quote user="Schadigung"]I'm having an issue with my Xbox 360 slim. When I put in a disc it says the disc is unreadable.[/quote]The Using My Console forum has

a thread dealing with disc read issues
    .[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]Being a slot loading optical drive on the Xbox 360 Slim,[/quote]All 360 models use a
    tray load drive. None have a slot load mechanism.
  11. Prince Leo II Win User

xbox 360 slim

Well, if you move the 360, the Disc holder is what cause the circle scratch because the Disc gets out of place. The slim also has the Disc Holder. So then yes there is a possibility for some people to get the circle scratch on the Slim.
Thema:

Disc issues on 360 Slim

1. Disc issues on 360 Slim - Similar Threads - Disc issues 360

2. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  3. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??: My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually stops. 2e6fceb2-3fd5-4ec3-b2a4-06c0ba0fccbf
  4. Original xbox 1 disc issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox 1 disc issues: So, is anyone else having disc issues, where it reads discs but gives you the icon of not having the disc, but says its in while being able to play the game. Shoudl I be concerned, or should I...
  5. After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...

in XBoX on Windows
    After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...: Good afternoon, today my Xbox One (original) decided to randomly stop reading the disc in my disc tray. I checked the disc and it was perfectly fine. After putting the disc back into the tray, the...
  6. New mw3 disc won’t load have I got the wrong game or is the console the issue ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New mw3 disc won’t load have I got the wrong game or is the console the issue ?: mw3 disc won’t load on my Xbox one have u paid for the wrong game 9bac90d2-7124-4a01-b887-16100eb234da
  7. How do you fix a disc installation issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you fix a disc installation issue?: I got COD AW a few days ago, it started downloading normally as any other game would be but suddenly when it reaches to a certain percentage point where it stops downloading and no matter how many...
  8. Issue with disc installation on WD storage card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with disc installation on WD storage card: Hi, I recently purchased a Western Digital 1TB Storage Expansion Drive for Series X from their official website, and when installing a game from the optical drive to this drive, I get an error...
  9. Xbox One S having issues with reading disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S having issues with reading disc?: I updated my console on 11/10/23 after not being on line for several weeks. After which I wanted to play Modern Warfare on disc. When at the main screen, on the left was MWII which I have digital...
  10. Xbox One Issues - 360 Discs Not Showing Up For Some Reason

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Issues - 360 Discs Not Showing Up For Some Reason: So I wanted to play COD black ops on my Xbox one the other day and the first time I put the disc in, nothing happened. Took it out then put it back in and then installed it. Went to game menu and...