Disc Drive won't spin disc

Discus and support Disc Drive won't spin disc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My disc drive won't spin the disc anymore when I open it up the disc is in the exact same location as I put it in. My xbox is out of warranty due to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aa-Zz User, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Aa-Zz User
    Aa-Zz User Guest

My disc drive won't spin the disc anymore when I open it up the disc is in the exact same location as I put it in. My xbox is out of warranty due to age so just trying to figure out the cheapest, quickest, easiest method. Does anyone know if they can ship
    me a new disc drive with the proper codes on it to talk to my xbox, or would they need my xbox their to pair a disc drive to it

:)

Aa-Zz User, Mar 17, 2015
  2. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    x24hrs2livex, Mar 17, 2015
  3. What did you do while waiting for the game to install?

[quote user="BlazedWithPower"]Any one else notice that it still spins the Play disc? Pointless waste of hard drive space. [/quote]

It has to spin the play disc. The whole game is 16GB. You install the first 8GB from disc 2. The other 8GB streams from the play disc. Or you could do what I did, install the 'install disc' to hard drive and the play disc to a USB Flash drive.

Obsessive Power, Mar 17, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You would need to send your console in for repair. Even out of warranty they will fix it, but you will have to pay for the repair. Self-repair is a violation of the terms of service, so they would not just send you the drive to replace.

Smwutches, Mar 17, 2015
  5. Aa-Zz User
    Aa-Zz User Guest
    Yeah but they are going to charge me an arm and a leg. The motor costs $10 and a new disc drive costs $45. I think I will teach my self how to sodder and take my chances

Aa-Zz User, Mar 17, 2015
  6. Aa-Zz User
    Aa-Zz User Guest
    Yeah, but they will charge an arm and a leg, I might as well get a new one. I think I will take my chance with self repair. The motor costs $10 and a new drive costs $45.

Aa-Zz User, Mar 17, 2015
  7. Aa-Zz User
    Aa-Zz User Guest
    Yeah, but they will charge me as much as a used one would cost so no. I will just teach myself to sodder if that is the case. A new motor costs $10 and a new disc drive costs $45 so yeah.

Aa-Zz User, Oct 31, 2018
  8. xTye Win User

XBox 360 Destroyed my disc

You won't be able to return it. The only time damage like this can occur (like with any drive spinning a disc, even computers) when the drive is moved while it's spinning the disc.

However, a lot of places (as stated) will resurface the disc for a small fee. In my area, I can pay $2 for it, but it probably varies between states/cities/towns.
  9. GlaringKOmAnIaC Win User

Single player disc "Unrecognizable"...

I had this with my Halo Reach, it most likely is a laser that's dirty or the disk drive won't spin making it no longer read the disc.
  10. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox series x Vibration

it's just the disc drive checking for a disc and spinning it up, completely normal
  11. Mister Gwyther Win User

My Xbox 360 S makes a loud buzzing noise when game is in.

Hey there Abyss! On the noise issue, we recommend installing the games to the HDD. That way it won't have to spin the disc as much, reducing noise and extending the life of your drive.

In regards to your disc scratches, please make sure the console is being stored on a level and secure surface and that no one is moving or bumping the console while a game disc is spinning. Let me know if this helps, thanks!
  12. x24hrs2livex Win User

xbox makes horrid sound when disc stops spinning

Thema:

1. Disc Drive won't spin disc - Similar Threads - Disc Drive won't

2. I installed a new xbox one X disc drive and it won't read discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    I installed a new xbox one X disc drive and it won't read discs: I installed new disc drive in my xbox one x. I can insert and eject disc, but it wont play discs. Message there is a problem with disc drive wont be able to play discs request repair. Microsoft...
  3. 2nd New Lego 2k Drive Xbox Series X Disc Won't Install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2nd New Lego 2k Drive Xbox Series X Disc Won't Install: Like the title says this is the 2nd brand new copy of Lego 2k Drive that simply doesn't do anything when put into my Xbox series x. I've went through all the generic trouble shooting including...
  4. Xbox One X won't accept disc, same after replacing the BD drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X won't accept disc, same after replacing the BD drive.: So last week my Xbox One X stopped accepting and rejecting discs. No grinding, no spinning, acts like nothing is there at all. I tried all the troubleshooting steps found online and even tried...
  5. XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs: My brother and I were given an XBOX 360 for Christmas about 4 years ago. Its the original console. I think it was bought refurbished. About a year after playing on it, we bought the Minecraft disc...
  6. Xbox One S Disc Drive Won't Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Disc Drive Won't Work: Purchased Christmas - now the disc drive won't do anything. Is there a home fix for this? Already unplugged, did a hard reset. Anything else? 9b22b7fd-a73d-4615-8d96-ab40507d47c5
  7. Xbox One X Disc Drive Won't Take Any Discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Disc Drive Won't Take Any Discs: Recently got an xbox one x, battlefield 5 gold rush edition. I have gone to put a disk in the machine and nothing happens, it won't take it, no matter what power mode the console is on? Not sure...
  8. XBOX 360 Disc drive won't open

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Disc drive won't open: please help. I have followed the steps on trying to manually open my disc drive. I have no hole to the bottom right of disc drive and of the two on the left I only have the right hole. I have...
  9. Disc Drive won't grab discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive won't grab discs: I had a game in the drive, which suddenly today wasn't recognized and wouldn't eject. After shutting everything off and manually ejecting the disc, my drive will no longer take in new discs. I...
  10. Xbox One disc drive won't accept discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One disc drive won't accept discs: It seems like since I updated my Xbox One to the latest patch, I have been experiencing issues with my disc drive. The console was working fine, however since updating it seems to refuse to...