Disc drive making fairly loud buzz when a disc is inserted

Discus and support Disc drive making fairly loud buzz when a disc is inserted in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I never used to have this problem but now if I'm playing a game that requires a disc it buzzes a bit. Haven't dropped or hit console- just been sat on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Go On Thome, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Go On Thome
    Go On Thome Guest

I never used to have this problem but now if I'm playing a game that requires a disc it buzzes a bit. Haven't dropped or hit console- just been sat on my unit untouched. Anyone else? What should I do? Thanks

:)

Go On Thome, Jul 4, 2014
  2. Buying used Xbox one

Oh yeah make sure to test out the disk drive before you buy it. Some of the launch xbox ones (including mines) had issue with the disc drive no reading and making a loud buzzing noise.

LamaBraveheart, Jul 4, 2014
  3. Buzzing Disc drive

Hi Guys !

This happens for all disc for when I 1st place them into the disc drive , all my games I play are installed.

I'll try and run through the process

I turn Xbox on.

Everything starts up

3 buzzes from inside the console (Very short buzzes)

Everthings normal , Sitting on the dash board.

Open the disc drive (A little buzz comes from it)

Place disc in

A little buzz , then a fair bit of clunking

Start up the game and a lot of clunking - Xbox quite loud

Then Xbox is almost quiet and then there's a buzz ( I think after the disc stops spinning)

Hopes this helps Disc drive making fairly loud buzz when a disc is inserted :D

frankie ramone, Jul 4, 2014
  4. Disc drive making fairly loud buzz when a disc is inserted

Do you have the console vertical or horizontal? If you have it vertical, the disc drive is not designed to operate like that and could be the cause of the noise.

soldierboy333, Jul 4, 2014
  5. Do you get this sound with all discs or just the one

GrowlingYapper, Jul 4, 2014
  6. Go On Thome
    Go On Thome Guest
    BF4 and TitanFall both do it haven't tried others yet but Id assume they did.

Go On Thome, Jul 5, 2014
  7. If this continues all the time I would contact support to consider getting repair/exchange

GrowlingYapper, Oct 31, 2018
  8. GrowlingYapper Win User

If this continues all the time I would contact support to consider getting repair/exchange
  9. Go On Thome Win User

BF4 and TitanFall both do it haven't tried others yet but Id assume they did.
  10. GrowlingYapper Win User

Do you get this sound with all discs or just the one
  11. soldierboy333 Win User

Do you have the console vertical or horizontal? If you have it vertical, the disc drive is not designed to operate like that and could be the cause of the noise.
  12. ManipularOrb18 Win User

Xbox One console (not power brick) making buzzing noise

I have an update on mine.

The buzzing seems to change with each game I put in the disc drive.

I put in Battlefield 4, and it's very loud. Loud enough to where I have to turn my TV up louder than normal.

Madden 25 is much quieter, and sometimes the buzz won't even be there.

I've tried it multiple times, and the buzzing is always loudest with BF4 in the drive.

It goes away when I take the disc out, and is completely silent like it should be. Like I said before, there hasn't been a problem with it yet, loads the disc fine and reads it normally, it's just the buzzing for me.
Thema:

1. Disc drive making fairly loud buzz when a disc is inserted - Similar Threads - Disc drive making

2. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  3. Xbox disc drive trying to take disc without one inside

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox disc drive trying to take disc without one inside: My xbox series x disc drive has been trying to take a disc without one in its happens all day and night submitted by /u/BusinessClothes5658 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  5. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  6. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  7. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  8. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync: My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5
  9. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  10. One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.: I tried to put in a Kingdom Come: Deliverance game disc into my Xbox One X, but it caused my disc drive sound like it was struggling to accept it, in addition to the disc not being read. I’ve used...