disc drive breaks for 2nd time in a little over a month

Discus and support disc drive breaks for 2nd time in a little over a month in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So today I went to play Ghosts, so I eject Forza 5 out of xbox one. Put in ghost and my xbox one dosen't recognize it as a xbox one game. so I eject... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by scuderiajoe, Mar 3, 2014.

1. scuderiajoe
    scuderiajoe Guest

So today I went to play Ghosts, so I eject Forza 5 out of xbox one. Put in ghost and my xbox one dosen't recognize it as a xbox one game. so I eject it. Put the disc back in and it makes grinding noise then same error please put in xbox one disc. I just
    went thru this last month. sent my xbox in they sent it back. worked for a month. I called today and they are having me send it back in for repair. and what do I get for my hassle nothing. didn't get game last month like they said people with disc drive problem
    get and this time nothing. I preorder it the day they announced at e3. picked it up on release date. I loved my original xbox and the 360 got both on release dates never one issue. Now it seems like this was a mistake. I am tempted to just get it back and
    trade for ps4, xbox doesn't seem to care that their product is defective or taking care of loyal customers. I would strongly suggest not buying one, to anyone.

:)

scuderiajoe, Mar 3, 2014
  2. bmcmahon79
    bmcmahon79 Guest
    disc drive 2ND TIME!!!

I had to send in my day one edition once already for a bad disc drive and go figure now that I am out of warrarty it stopped working AGAIN! any fixes for this or am I SOL having to pay for the repair?

bmcmahon79, Mar 3, 2014
  3. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    disc drive 2ND TIME!!!

If the console is out of warranty then there will be a charge for the repair.

{Parity}, Mar 3, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

The free game was only if you did the advanced exchange i believe.

Daft Badger, Mar 3, 2014
  5. Daft Badger Win User

The free game was only if you did the advanced exchange i believe.
  6. {Parity} Win User

disc drive 2ND TIME!!!

If the console is out of warranty then there will be a charge for the repair.
  7. Jinglez420 Win User

Xbox Live is a Scam

plus it took them forever to make a console that doesnt break after a month or 2 of use. im on my 4th xbox, probably 8th if you include all the times ive had to ship it in to get fixed, 2 of those times, it took well over a month to get it back, and all
    they were doing is resetting the motor on the disc drive, i started doing it myself until finally it quit recognizing discs were in the drive all together. I love xbox, But man do I hate the service and the money hungry scam you have to deal with.
  8. The1337gamer Win User

Question about buying games with disc vs. downloading the game to a hard drive

[quote user="Paraffin Alien"]

Also, if it`s a downloaded version and your hard drive goes faulty you lose everything!

-

So, disc copy every time. The same goes for CD`s and DVD`s too!

[/quote]

Surely, the same principle applies for discs.

If the disc breaks you're screwed.

If your disc drive breaks you're screwed.

If your HDD breaks, you can't play Xbox anyway, whether it's a download or a disc.

If your disc drive breaks, you can still play downloads.

Also the Xbox 360 HDD is more reliable than the optical drive.
  9. epic FUZZ Win User

Xbox is a piece of crap

OP pretty much described my situation. Only I haven't gotten to 5 yet, on my 2nd, just over a year old, disc drive is dying.

Disgraceful
Thema:

1. disc drive breaks for 2nd time in a little over a month - Similar Threads - disc drive breaks

2. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  3. Xbox disc drive trying to take disc without one inside

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox disc drive trying to take disc without one inside: My xbox series x disc drive has been trying to take a disc without one in its happens all day and night submitted by /u/BusinessClothes5658 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  5. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  6. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  7. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  8. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync: My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5
  9. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  10. Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?: I replaced the disc drive on my Xbox one. The disc before wouldn't really spin. I successfully replaced the disc drive, and the disc still won't read. Suggestions?...