Disabling Windows Xbox One App Auto Login Feature

Discus and support Disabling Windows Xbox One App Auto Login Feature in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I recently was having a issue about the auto login feature that's in Xbox One app for Windows, which the auto login feature also applies to all... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by David__F, Jul 11, 2023.

1. David__F
    David__F Guest

Hello,

I recently was having a issue about the auto login feature that's in Xbox One app for Windows, which the auto login feature also applies to all the games I installed from Microsoft store. And since recently my password was accidentally leaked, and somebody else gained access to my account. But I quickly changed my password and signed all devices out from my account, but soon I realised that the person who got my password still have access to my Xbox account and my games, without entering any security information or password, which is because of the auto login feature.

So I would like to ask for a way to turn off the feature since I didn't find the option to disable it. And if this feature still stays enabled on my account, my purchased products are still accessable by other people who previously had my password.

So overall, the problem here is I leaked my password, someone gained access, but because of the auto login feature that is on Xbox One app, the person still have access to my purchased my products on Microsoft store and Xbox One app even after I changed my password and signed out all devices.

I would really be appreciated if any help can be provided, since it will make my account and my purchased products less vulnerable to the person who got my password previously.

Kind Regards,

David F.

:)

David__F, Jul 11, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Microsoft Xbox Paul Bab posted a solution to a user who had a similar issue:

"For your account not to be automatically signed in to the Xbox app on your Windows 10 device, you need to sign it out after using it. By doing so, you will be required to enter your credentials the next time you sign in to the Xbox app. Here's how:

Open the Xbox app.

With your account signed in, go to Settings.

Under the General tab, click Sign Out.

Close the Xbox app. Try launching it again this time and check if your account is still being automatically logged in.

Currently, there is no setting that can disable the automatic signing into your account to the Xbox app on Windows 10. Should you want to request it, you may do so by using the Feedback Hub. We definitely welcome your ideas and suggestions that can help improve our products and services."

Feedback hub: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/feedbac...

I would highly suggest you change your account password in order to have your account signed out from all the devices then enable the 2-step verification feature.

2-step verification adds a protective layer when signing into your Xbox account.

Once you activate it, when you sign into your Xbox account, you’re prompted to confirm it’s really you, either by text message, authentication code, or confirmation email.

So, even if a hacker got hold of your username and password, they still wouldn’t be able to gain access to your account without the verification codes.

Here's how to turn on the 2-step verification:

Sign in with your Microsoft account at:

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&...

Select the Advanced security options section. You’ll be asked to enter your password and a security code to make sure you, and only you, are updating your account security.

Under Two-step verification, select Turn on, and then confirm the change when prompted.

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!

Reference links:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for the information. You can try to contact them again and request to have your case escalated since technically your account is still being hacked via Xbox app.

In regards to the Xbox app auto login feature, you may report this via the "Xbox report a problem app"

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-report-a...

If you don't have any more questions, feel free to choose a rating and have a good one!
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for your response.

It would be best to have you reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support for further assistance, especially regarding the hacking incident on your account on the Xbox app. You can contact them here at this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
  5. David__F Win User

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response, but unfortunatly, the steps provided above did not solve my problem, instead, when I open Xbox app, and click login, it shows me a welcome page and then still automatically signs me in without credentials.

I have also changed my password several time after this happened like I mentioned above, and I have also enabled two-step verification feature. But the problem here is the hacker can still access some of my apps even without my password and two-step verification by simply just selects my account.

Currently I cannot sign them out from some apps from the "sign out all devices" feature included in the security pannel, even if I did, like I mentioned above, they can still access my account by just click on my account since they already logged once. And I have also tested this on a seperate device, even after I have changed my password, I can still gain access by just clicking on my account, without any security information/verification needed.

Kind Regards,

David F.
  6. David__F Win User

Hello,

Thanks for providing me an alternate yet more efficient way, I do really appreciated this. However, the support agent did not resolve my problem.

Anyways, thanks for providing these details to me, have a great day!
Thema:

1. Disabling Windows Xbox One App Auto Login Feature - Similar Threads - Disabling Windows App

2. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  3. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  4. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  5. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  6. Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots: I cannot find the setting to disable the functionality of the Xbox controller taking a screenshot when I press the button. I use that button for steam screenshots so it is very annoying that a...
  7. How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?: I'm looking for a way to disable an Xbox controller's ability to control the Windows UI (start menu, settings and anything else built into Windows 10 that can be navigated with a controller). This...
  8. how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller: actually the problem is i have a ps3 controller that i have been trying to connect but the controller keeps being recognized as xbox360 controller. i tried disabling device signature enforcement...
  9. Xbox PC app requires Windows Hello Pin despite Windows Hello being disabled on all devices

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox PC app requires Windows Hello Pin despite Windows Hello being disabled on all devices: Hi, my family has a small handful of Xbox one accounts, two of which are shared accounts that have Live Gold and Gamepass Ultimate respectively. Recently, we were trying to sign the Gamepass...
  10. Disable Xbox gaming windows App from auto installing updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disable Xbox gaming windows App from auto installing updates: I use Xbox windows app with game pass. It starts downloading updates for games withou asking, while automatic updates are disabled in xbox app and MS store. CAN IT BE DISABLED? How does Microsoft...