Disabling buttons on controller instead of just remapping…

Discus and support Disabling buttons on controller instead of just remapping… in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Need the option to disable any button on Xbox controller instead of just remapping. Completely defeats the purpose of using pro controllers with extra... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Senator_James, Aug 17, 2023.

1. Disabling buttons on controller instead of just remapping…

Need the option to disable any button on Xbox controller instead of just remapping. Completely defeats the purpose of using pro controllers with extra buttons. When playing Elden Ring I sometimes crouch while in combat because I tend to squeeze the controller and press down on the left stick. It’s happened enough to where I am annoyed by it. Got a Razer Chroma V2 and remapped L3 to M5 thinking that would solve it. But of course now L3 and M5 crouch. It’s driving me insane. I guess I will adopt a softer approach. Zen and all that.

Plz Microsoft. Give us the ability to totally disable certain buttons on the controller. Thank u,

submitted by /u/Senator_James
    [link] [comments]

/u/Senator_James, Aug 17, 2023
  2. Joey_Microsoft Win User

How to unmap xbox360 controller in Windows 10?

I went out and got the original 1st party xbox one controller and it does the same thing. There is no way to disable the feature or remap the buttons to keystrokes
  3. zmaster2XXX Win User

Xbox one controller

You can only remap, not disable buttons.
  4. BloodSouldja Win User

XBOX Adaptive Controller

Everything for disabled costs more. It is unfortunate. I am disabled myself and at this time I can still play with a normal controller if button remapping is supported.

If money is an issue, try applying for support to buy the extra hardware at www.ablegamers.com ( a foundation supporting gaming for disabled )
  5. Atherza Win User

Xbox one controller

You won't be able to disable buttons, only remap them.
  6. CDWilliams05 Win User

Xbox One Eliete Controller button remapping question

I would think you could clone a button function, but not make a "dead" button. Just my experience with other PC controller remap software
Thema:

Disabling buttons on controller instead of just remapping…

1. Disabling buttons on controller instead of just remapping… - Similar Threads - Disabling buttons controller

2. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  3. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  4. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  5. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  6. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  7. How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.

in XboX Insiders
    How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.: So long story short my friend borrowed my Series S when I went out of town for few weeks and now he is just not giving it back. He just keeps saying give him few days, it has been so long and I...
  8. My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming: I've tried everything with device manager but it doesn't change a single thing, i even tried using an external keyboard but the same thing happens. This issue first began a year ago when i just...
  9. An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added

in XboX Insiders
    An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added: Please, try to add an option to skip updates from games. I would love to be able to insert my disc and play, with the console online, without it pushing me to update in order for me to launch the...
  10. How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store?: Whenever I make a purchase I get a chat message from “Xbox” telling me I’ve earned X number of points and I can buy a $10 gift card with it. How do I disable this message from showing up? Can I...