Disabled startup programs are starting upon reboot

Discus and support Disabled startup programs are starting upon reboot in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I disabled everything necessary for a quick and smooth startup on my windows 11 laptop which I use for gaming. But several programs are starting up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SocietySpy, Dec 18, 2023.

1. SocietySpy
    SocietySpy Guest

I disabled everything necessary for a quick and smooth startup on my windows 11 laptop which I use for gaming.

But several programs are starting up when I boot my machine.

For example:

Steam

GOG

XBOX

Obviously it slows down my boot sequence and uses up resources, not to mention the utter annoyance.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

:)

SocietySpy, Dec 18, 2023
  2. SocietySpy Win User

Not sure, I'll dig in after work...
  3. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello SocietySpy! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Just out of interest, how did you disable them? I have Steam and Xbox disabled as I don't want them starting as don't use them that often.
  4. SocietySpy Win User

I have not, I wasn't aware there was an option for that within the individual app. I'll try that but it still doesn't resolve why they are starting when they have been disabled from starting.

Thanks man!
  5. The_Last_DJ Win User

Wondering if the programs are able to override windows. Do you have other programs which you have disabled and do behave correctly?
  6. The_Last_DJ Win User

Have you gone into the apps, gone into options and stopped them loading from there?
Thema:

1. Disabled startup programs are starting upon reboot - Similar Threads - Disabled startup programs

2. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  3. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  4. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  5. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  6. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  7. How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.

in XboX Insiders
    How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.: So long story short my friend borrowed my Series S when I went out of town for few weeks and now he is just not giving it back. He just keeps saying give him few days, it has been so long and I...
  8. My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming: I've tried everything with device manager but it doesn't change a single thing, i even tried using an external keyboard but the same thing happens. This issue first began a year ago when i just...
  9. An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added

in XboX Insiders
    An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added: Please, try to add an option to skip updates from games. I would love to be able to insert my disc and play, with the console online, without it pushing me to update in order for me to launch the...
  10. My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?: So I’m having this issue where it won’t start up and it says it’s updating but at 0% and I have waited about 20 minutes for it to not budge. And so I checked services to see what was wrong and my...