Disable Xbox gaming windows App from auto installing updates

Discus and support Disable Xbox gaming windows App from auto installing updates in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I use Xbox windows app with game pass. It starts downloading updates for games withou asking, while automatic updates are disabled in xbox app and MS... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MKL987, Jul 7, 2023.

1. MKL987
    MKL987 Guest

I use Xbox windows app with game pass.
    It starts downloading updates for games withou asking, while automatic updates are disabled in xbox app and MS store.
    CAN IT BE DISABLED? How does Microsoft mess this up ?

:)

MKL987, Jul 7, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Just go to your installation queue and uncheck "automatic updates" in the upper right hand corner
  3. RoninhoM2906 Win User

Whats happening??

Disable the option to auto update games and apps
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox game capture too bright compared to regular game

Thanks for the update KirbsKirbs

First lets try something simple in case you have HDR on your screen:

Open the Settings app.

Go to System > Display > HDR

Now, turn off (disable) the Auto HDR option. (or HDR if is not automatic) and give it a new try.

If the previous is not applicable for you, proceed with this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Then do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox Game bar app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset.

Give it a new try, let me know how it goes
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Error on game launch. (PC Xbox Game Pass Subscription)

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good afternoon

Try uninstalling the Xbox app and Xbox Game Pass app, then reinstalling them from the Microsoft Store.

Make sure that your PC is up-to-date with the latest Windows updates, and that the Xbox app and Xbox Game Pass app are updated as well. You can check for updates by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

Some antivirus or firewall software can interfere with game launch. Try temporarily disabling any security software you have installed to see if that resolves the issue.
  6. Rostom L Win User

minecraft for windows 10 not starting installation, just says 'waiting for installation'

Hi Garson!

I am sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about this matter here.

To isolate the issue, I will be asking few questions.

Have you tried downloading or installing a different game from the Microsoft Store or Xbox app if you could install it successfully?

Did you try to install the game directly from the Microsoft Store and Xbox app?

Be sure to sign in the same Microsoft account on your Microsoft Store and Xbox app.

Don't forget to check for Windows updates and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store.

Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...

Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...

If you have installed a 3rd party anti-virus software, please try to disable it temporarily.

Try as well to verify and repair your game:

Open the Xbox app for Windows.

In My Library, select the game title.

Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.

Select Files and then Verify and repair.

Then repair/reset your Microsoft Store and Xbox app.

Repair/Reset apps - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/repair-ap...
Thema:

1. Disable Xbox gaming windows App from auto installing updates - Similar Threads - Disable gaming windows

2. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  3. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  4. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  5. My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming: I've tried everything with device manager but it doesn't change a single thing, i even tried using an external keyboard but the same thing happens. This issue first began a year ago when i just...
  6. An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added

in XboX Insiders
    An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added: Please, try to add an option to skip updates from games. I would love to be able to insert my disc and play, with the console online, without it pushing me to update in order for me to launch the...
  7. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  8. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  9. The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...

in XboX Insiders
    The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...: I used the 14-day Game Pass trial several times, but I never paid for a full month for financial reasons. I understand that if you do not pay for the full month, the 14-day trial does not...
  10. Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar: i found a post with an "answer" to someone who had the same question. i would reply to that post and/or those "answers" but the thread is locked. i need to re open it because i'm extremely...