Disable Touch controller on remote play?

Discus and support Disable Touch controller on remote play? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After the last update to the Xbox App (Android), every time I remote play - the touch controls interface pop up. I don't ever use touch, how can I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by K.R-S, Nov 16, 2023.

1. K.R-S
    K.R-S Guest

After the last update to the Xbox App (Android), every time I remote play - the touch controls interface pop up. I don't ever use touch, how can I disable this? I use my elite controller with custom button mapping directly on my xbox, and therefore don't want to connect the controller to my tablet. I use my tablet as my remote screen. Can I disable the touch controller all together, without having to connect my xbox controller to my tablet?

:)

K.R-S, Nov 16, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hi K.R-S,

Thank you for your update.

Can please try to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app to see if the issue persist.

Regards,
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hi K.R-S,

Thank you so much for your update.

It seems that there is a bug on that previous update of the Xbox app.

I'm so glad that it was fixed by the new released update of the Xbox app. If incase you encounter any issue again don't hesitate to post here in community.

Regards,
  4. K.R-S Win User

Hello. Sry for the late reply.

Reinstalling the App did nothing so I gave up for a couple of days.

I tried again after an update, and now I have no issues.

I am once again allowed to remote play, without my controller connected to my tablet/phone.

So the issue was fixed!

Thank you for the assistance along the way.
  5. RichieB_ Win User

Hi K.R-S,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with disabling the touch control. We do have a support article for guide how to Use Xbox touch controls with cloud gaming or remote play.

You may check this support article for more information: Use Xbox touch controls with cloud gaming or remote play | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

I hope this will help you. We look forward for your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. K.R-S Win User

Hi ,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with disabling the touch control. We do have a support article for guide how to Use Xbox touch controls with cloud gaming or remote play.

You may check this support article for more information: Use Xbox touch controls with cloud gaming or remote play | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

I hope this will help you. We look forward for your response.

Regards,
    RichieB_
    Microsoft Community Moderator
    Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem.

I read this article before posting. And there isn't any information on disabling the touch controls.

The article only covers setup (if games are compatible), and resize/configuring layout.

I'm looking to make these touch control icons to go away for good, without connecting a controller directly to the mobile device.

This wasn't an issue until the last Xbox App update.

Before, I could simple select "continue anyway" (or "keep going without controller"). But now it just pops the touch controller on-screen without the option to opt out.
Thema:

1. Disable Touch controller on remote play? - Similar Threads - Disable Touch controller

2. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  3. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  4. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  5. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  6. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  7. How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.

in XboX Insiders
    How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.: So long story short my friend borrowed my Series S when I went out of town for few weeks and now he is just not giving it back. He just keeps saying give him few days, it has been so long and I...
  8. My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming: I've tried everything with device manager but it doesn't change a single thing, i even tried using an external keyboard but the same thing happens. This issue first began a year ago when i just...
  9. An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added

in XboX Insiders
    An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added: Please, try to add an option to skip updates from games. I would love to be able to insert my disc and play, with the console online, without it pushing me to update in order for me to launch the...
  10. How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store?: Whenever I make a purchase I get a chat message from “Xbox” telling me I’ve earned X number of points and I can buy a $10 gift card with it. How do I disable this message from showing up? Can I...