Disable recording feature on the HoloLens

Discus and support Disable recording feature on the HoloLens in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; How can I disable the recording feature on the HoloLens 2 for the user? Kiosk mode? uninstall an app? 5386eea7-6d0b-4998-80c9-01df6d5baaea Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Arron Waggoner, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Disable recording feature on the HoloLens

How can I disable the recording feature on the HoloLens 2 for the user? Kiosk mode? uninstall an app?

:)

Arron Waggoner, Feb 7, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Arron. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

This forum only provides technical support for Xbox devices and services.

You should be posting in the Windows forums, that way the correct support can help you: https://answers.microsoft.com/windows/forum

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Can you turn off IR eye-tracking for HoloLens?

Hi Marissa,

As far as I know, unfortunately there’s currently no specific setting to turn off eye tracking for HoloLens. You may experience performance issues if, for whatever reason, the calibration isn’t successful. I don’t believe there’s a workaround to this though.

To clarify, are you referring to the original HoloLens (2016) or HoloLens 2 (2019)? I can’t seem find to find many on the original, but I imagine there’s not a significant difference and the main features are still the same.

Eye tracking on HoloLens 2 - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs

^Many guides and FAQs here, you can filter the options by the title and category/topic on the side of the page.

You can also view the HaloLens 2 - Features and Specs for more info.

Of course, you’re always welcome to share feedback and ideas on anything and voice your opinion. If there’s a feature you’d like to see added in the future or suggest to improve an already existing one, send feedback to the HoloLens team

If you have any further questions, contact HoloLens Support - it would be best to reach out to them to confirm anything. They can advise and point you in the right direction :)

Hope this helps!
  4. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

Record That

I am on the old dash. You are correct. The record feature seems to be disabled. RB4 is a straight up beta.

1. No online

2. No surround sound

3. Record function disabled

4. DLC not working properly

5. Double bass pedal does not work properly.
  5. GaryWinteringham Win User

Ca be frustrating!

I totally agree that there needs to be a option to turn off the auto feature, ive disabled it in the options but that also stops the manual recording, I just get errors when trying to record with that option un-ticked.
  6. Mean Smoke Win User

Auto DVR

Hey guys I just spoke to someone from MICROSOFT.

Heres the bottom line.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to do this without turning the DVR off completely. This is because it's built into the game. It's up to the developers to disable that feature.

To put it simply... If you disable your DVR (your only option to stop auto-recording), you cannot use the 'Xbox Record That' feature.

If we spread awareness and voice our thoughts on this, Microsoft can release updates to improve our issue with the Auto DVR.
Thema:

1. Disable recording feature on the HoloLens - Similar Threads - Disable recording feature

2. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  3. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  4. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  5. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  6. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  7. How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.

in XboX Insiders
    How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.: So long story short my friend borrowed my Series S when I went out of town for few weeks and now he is just not giving it back. He just keeps saying give him few days, it has been so long and I...
  8. My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming: I've tried everything with device manager but it doesn't change a single thing, i even tried using an external keyboard but the same thing happens. This issue first began a year ago when i just...
  9. An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added

in XboX Insiders
    An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added: Please, try to add an option to skip updates from games. I would love to be able to insert my disc and play, with the console online, without it pushing me to update in order for me to launch the...
  10. How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store?: Whenever I make a purchase I get a chat message from “Xbox” telling me I’ve earned X number of points and I can buy a $10 gift card with it. How do I disable this message from showing up? Can I...