Directed from XboxSupport to make a post here - Cannot redeem Fallout 3 Code

Discus and support Directed from XboxSupport to make a post here - Cannot redeem Fallout 3 Code in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hi! I was unable to redeem the Fallout 3 code from the Fallout 4 Presale, I was told by Xbox Support that the code was validated and still active and... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Lobatooo, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Lobatooo
    Lobatooo Guest

Hi! I was unable to redeem the Fallout 3 code from the Fallout 4 Presale, I was told by Xbox Support that the code was validated and still active and that my next step to get this resolved was to post here. I have an Xbox One and I'm on the NXOE. I
    tried redeeming the code on the console, and on a PC on Chrome, Edge and Firefox. And I got the same message over and over again. Xbox Support also made me do all of the basic troubleshooting but that didn't solve anything.

This is the error code I received:

Xbos-0x80150017

14404916-8d82-4d1d-8f49-4d8195a79e7f

2015/10/20 - 06:00:24 UTC
    Thank you!

:)

Lobatooo, Oct 19, 2015
  2. awfox1208
    awfox1208 Guest
    Never recieved code for Fallout 3, associated with Fallout 4 pre order.

I was directed here from redit post if I havnt recieved my code for fallout 3, my gamer tags

awfox1208, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Lost my Fallout 3 Redemption code after losing access to Xbox messages

I received a redemption code for Fallout 3 after pre-purchasing Fallout 4 for Xbox One. Before i could redeem the code, all my messages on Xbox have become inaccessible and i'm no longer able to access the code. After contacting customer support i was directed
    to post here to try to redeem the lost code. I was wondering if there is any way i can get a replacement, or even better, a copy of the original code that was sent.

Falken77-317A9DE5-CC3E-43C6-9094-0DCB914D8D46, Oct 19, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. As you are in the preview program you should be posting this to the preview forums.

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

In the meantime, that code suggests a DNS issue. If you are using a VPN (virtual private network) or another DNS to get access to other countries services (ie. US Netflix, etc) then please turn it off and revert the console to your local DNS settings.

Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

onyxishere, Oct 20, 2015
  5. Lobatooo
    Lobatooo Guest
    I don't think the problem has to do with my console or the fact that it's on the NXOE. Because that would mean that if I redeem the code via a browser on a regular PC, I shouldn't have any issues redeeming it. But I do! I can't redeem it online on a regular
    browser on a Windows 10 Laptop.

I tried your suggestions and I've made sure that my DNS is correct, I'm using Google DNSs at the network level, so the standard 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and still get this same error on a Windows 10 Laptop and the same error on the Xbox One. I haven't ever touched
    the DNS on the Xbox One, so we can rule that out.

Any other fixes I can try?

Lobatooo, Oct 20, 2015
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    What internet service are you using? GoogleDNS is a public service that you can use instead of your own DNS service. This means that it is not your real DNS. Please try letting the console use the normal DNS (detect) that you would get from your internet
    service.

Because you are using GoogleDNS on both console and PC you would experience the same issues on both systems.

onyxishere, Oct 20, 2015
  7. Lobatooo
    Lobatooo Guest
    I'm located in Mexico. So my ISP is Telecable. I have left the DNS as default in my Asus Router. I even tried redeeming the code on my workplace internet. Same error.

BTW, I never changed the DNS configuration on the console.

Lobatooo, Oct 26, 2015
  8. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Yet you say you use GoogleDNS at the network level. It may not have been changed on the console but it's still using it at the network level which suggests the modem. Please let the modem detect your regular DNS to solve the problem.

onyxishere, Oct 26, 2015
  9. Lobatooo
    Lobatooo Guest
    Hi, I removed the GoogleDNS at the network level and left everything stock on the router, the modem and the console. And I let the modem detect the regular DNS.

And as I stated previously, I tried to redeem the code by tethering internet from my cellphone to the computer and I also tried to redeem it on the network at my workplace. This would rule out a DNS problem since I did not change the DNS on any of those
    internet connections, wouldnt it?

Anything else I can do?

Lobatooo, Oct 28, 2015
  10. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Ok, thanks for going through all that rigmarole for me. I have a quick question for you. Can you please try to redeem the code on your 360 and post the 8 digit error code you would get on that console?

onyxishere, Nov 3, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: