Direct X12 the game changer

Discus and support Direct X12 the game changer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I wasnt quite sold on the possibility of this actually happening, but I'm beginning to come round. DirectX 12 announced in March, but PS4 to launch in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PAULLIND, Mar 9, 2014.

  1. Direct X12 the game changer


    I wasnt quite sold on the possibility of this actually happening, but I'm beginning to come round. DirectX 12 announced in March, but PS4 to launch in November. Games falling short In Res department, yet Microsoft barely bat an eye.

    It all kinda... fits.
     
    Fatalshock8912, Mar 9, 2014
    #16
  2. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest
    @ voteDC

    "You can run City and Origins in DirectX 9 mode should you wish, PC versions of course. This is because huge amounts of PCs still run Windows XP, which of course only supports up to DirectX 9."

    Maybe the cutting off of support for XP in April is for more than just ageing reasons?
     
    xenomorph v1, Mar 9, 2014
    #17
  3. Great news hopfully shut up a few people
     
    MessiahBrowny, Mar 9, 2014
    #18
  4. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest

    Direct X12 the game changer

    Direct X is the reason the Xbox is called the X box coz the old xbox has direct x
     
    N7 Gh0stz, Oct 31, 2018
    #19
  5. The1337gamer Win User

    Direct X12 Game Changer?

    Meant to say Direct3D 11.x on last line.
  6. voteDC Win User

    Direct X12 Game Changer?

    I said it supports it. The hardware in the PS4 is capable of running DirectX 11, indeed there is no reason (other than licensing I suppose) that it wouldn't be able to support DX12 too.

    The One and PS4 use pretty off the shelf PC hardware.
  7. Mark Sherwood Win User

    Direct X12 Game Changer?

    Same as BHC. Anything to make things better in the short or long run, is something I wont grit my teeth over :D
  8. BHC Bluez n 2z Win User

    Direct X12 Game Changer?

    Well, I'm not going to complain about having prettier looking games.
  9. f00xm4n Win User

    Direct X12 the game changer

    I can understand dx9 not adding much to a game, esp. If it's not even wrote for it, and your graphics card could probably handle dx11 but the game is aimed at a lowest denominator. This is dx12 and the console can run games wrote on old engines (360 dx7
    ?) Which we are currently seeing, bf4 etc. So imagine new engines wrote for dx12 like a new halo, is going to rock.
Thema:

Direct X12 the game changer

Loading...
  1. Direct X12 the game changer - Similar Threads - Direct X12 game

  2. [UI Concept] Displaying Achievement Art directly on Rare & Secret Achievement pop-ups!

    in XboX Insiders
    [UI Concept] Displaying Achievement Art directly on Rare & Secret Achievement pop-ups!: Hello everyone, I wanted to share a UI concept I designed to improve the achievement notification system on Xbox. The Proposal: Instead of using a plain diamond banner for rare achievements, I...
  3. Permanent directional input in UI

    in XboX Insiders
    Permanent directional input in UI: About 2 hours ago my series x on Delta ring suddenly started scrolling down to the bottom of the home screen as if down was being held. At first I thought it was the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard...
  4. Original Xbox BC pillarbox bars are not true black even in direct console screenshots

    in XboX Insiders
    Original Xbox BC pillarbox bars are not true black even in direct console screenshots: This is a direct Xbox screenshot, + photos of my OLED. Sampling the pillarbox area shows it is not RGB 0,0,0, but a very dark reddish/brownish near-black, it happens in every og Xbox BC game. I...
  5. Allow editing of email, password, phone number, and recovery info directly on Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Allow editing of email, password, phone number, and recovery info directly on Xbox: Right now, if we want to change our email address, password, phone number, or recovery options, we have to go to an external website like Microsoft.com. It would be much more convenient and secure...
  6. Add a "Sleep/Rest Mode" option directly to the power menu

    in XboX Insiders
    Add a "Sleep/Rest Mode" option directly to the power menu: Please add a dedicated "Sleep" or "Instant-On" option to the Xbox shutdown menu, just like the PS5's Rest Mode. Right now, players have to go into Settings > Power Options to manage this, which is...
  7. Xbox controller buttons not working nut directional stick works.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller buttons not working nut directional stick works.: I have an xbox one series x. Everything was fine until a couple of days ago when my controller A B Y and X buttons stopped working. I assumed it was a hardware issue so I bought a new controller...
  8. Direct X12 Game Changer?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Direct X12 Game Changer?: DirectX 12: A game changer for Xbox One e1794d5f-5144-4d27-b789-f5b5c0c8f1b9
  9. Direct X12 what is it and what does it mean for the X1

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Direct X12 what is it and what does it mean for the X1: Hate to break it to you SMG, and I'm not trying to call you out, but Titanfall not living up to the hype is not a fact, it is your personal opinion. ade9d89a-9d08-4304-9a32-0f73de512b7a
  10. Direct X12 coming to Xbox One

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Direct X12 coming to Xbox One: MS added direct X12 to the Xbox logo. ec854299-a5ed-4729-894d-f12554a50e9f