Direct X12 Game Changer?

Discus and support Direct X12 Game Changer? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; PS4 doesn't use DirectX. I don't know where you got that info from but it's wrong. As far as I'm aware the DirectX API has never been available on a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by John Dowding, Apr 4, 2014.

  1. The1337gamer
    The1337gamer Guest

    Direct X12 Game Changer?


    PS4 doesn't use DirectX. I don't know where you got that info from but it's wrong. As far as I'm aware the DirectX API has never been available on a non-Microsoft platform.

    A quote from Ubisoft Reflections developer:

    "A more crucial issue is that, while the PS4 toolchain is designed to be familiar to those working on PC, the new Sony hardware doesn't use the DirectX API, so Sony has supplied two of their own."

    Source: How The Crew was ported to PlayStation 4
     
    The1337gamer, Apr 7, 2014
    #16
  2. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    I said it supports it. The hardware in the PS4 is capable of running DirectX 11, indeed there is no reason (other than licensing I suppose) that it wouldn't be able to support DX12 too.

    The One and PS4 use pretty off the shelf PC hardware.
     
    voteDC, Apr 8, 2014
    #17
  3. The1337gamer
    The1337gamer Guest
    PS4 does not support DX11 or any version of DirectX. Just like Mac and Linux machines don't support DirectX even though they can have the same hardware as Windows machines.

    PS4 has its own API that can have the same or similar features to DirectX but it is not DirectX. It's Sony's own implementation of the features specifically for PS4. Just like OpenGL 4.x is equivalent to DirectX 11.x feature wise.
     
    The1337gamer, Apr 8, 2014
    #18
  4. The1337gamer
    The1337gamer Guest

    Direct X12 Game Changer?

    Meant to say Direct3D 11.x on last line.
     
    The1337gamer, Apr 8, 2014
    #19
  5. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    If you use the moderate drop down you can edit posts. Another stunningly obvious feature of this forum!
     
    John Dowding, Apr 8, 2014
    #20
  6. The1337gamer
    The1337gamer Guest
    The edit option disappeared before I realised the typo.
     
    The1337gamer, Apr 8, 2014
    #21
  7. Yeah why you can't edit after about 60 seconds is just stupid
     
    ThisParty©FitsHisFace, Oct 31, 2018
    #22
  8. The1337gamer Win User

    Direct X12 Game Changer?

    Meant to say Direct3D 11.x on last line.
  9. voteDC Win User

    Direct X12 Game Changer?

    I said it supports it. The hardware in the PS4 is capable of running DirectX 11, indeed there is no reason (other than licensing I suppose) that it wouldn't be able to support DX12 too.

    The One and PS4 use pretty off the shelf PC hardware.
  10. Mark Sherwood Win User

    Direct X12 Game Changer?

    Same as BHC. Anything to make things better in the short or long run, is something I wont grit my teeth over :D
  11. BHC Bluez n 2z Win User

    Direct X12 Game Changer?

    Well, I'm not going to complain about having prettier looking games.
  12. f00xm4n Win User

    Direct X12 the game changer

    I can understand dx9 not adding much to a game, esp. If it's not even wrote for it, and your graphics card could probably handle dx11 but the game is aimed at a lowest denominator. This is dx12 and the console can run games wrote on old engines (360 dx7
    ?) Which we are currently seeing, bf4 etc. So imagine new engines wrote for dx12 like a new halo, is going to rock.
Thema:

Direct X12 Game Changer?

Loading...
  1. Direct X12 Game Changer? - Similar Threads - Direct X12 Game

  2. [UI Concept] Displaying Achievement Art directly on Rare & Secret Achievement pop-ups!

    in XboX Insiders
    [UI Concept] Displaying Achievement Art directly on Rare & Secret Achievement pop-ups!: Hello everyone, I wanted to share a UI concept I designed to improve the achievement notification system on Xbox. The Proposal: Instead of using a plain diamond banner for rare achievements, I...
  3. Permanent directional input in UI

    in XboX Insiders
    Permanent directional input in UI: About 2 hours ago my series x on Delta ring suddenly started scrolling down to the bottom of the home screen as if down was being held. At first I thought it was the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard...
  4. Original Xbox BC pillarbox bars are not true black even in direct console screenshots

    in XboX Insiders
    Original Xbox BC pillarbox bars are not true black even in direct console screenshots: This is a direct Xbox screenshot, + photos of my OLED. Sampling the pillarbox area shows it is not RGB 0,0,0, but a very dark reddish/brownish near-black, it happens in every og Xbox BC game. I...
  5. Allow editing of email, password, phone number, and recovery info directly on Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Allow editing of email, password, phone number, and recovery info directly on Xbox: Right now, if we want to change our email address, password, phone number, or recovery options, we have to go to an external website like Microsoft.com. It would be much more convenient and secure...
  6. Add a "Sleep/Rest Mode" option directly to the power menu

    in XboX Insiders
    Add a "Sleep/Rest Mode" option directly to the power menu: Please add a dedicated "Sleep" or "Instant-On" option to the Xbox shutdown menu, just like the PS5's Rest Mode. Right now, players have to go into Settings > Power Options to manage this, which is...
  7. Xbox controller buttons not working nut directional stick works.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller buttons not working nut directional stick works.: I have an xbox one series x. Everything was fine until a couple of days ago when my controller A B Y and X buttons stopped working. I assumed it was a hardware issue so I bought a new controller...
  8. Direct X12 what is it and what does it mean for the X1

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Direct X12 what is it and what does it mean for the X1: Hate to break it to you SMG, and I'm not trying to call you out, but Titanfall not living up to the hype is not a fact, it is your personal opinion. ade9d89a-9d08-4304-9a32-0f73de512b7a
  9. Direct X12 the game changer

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Direct X12 the game changer: What impact will Direct X12 have ? and will it be the game changer ?? 49813a43-4b9c-4df3-b9cc-f3cb4873de65
  10. Direct X12 coming to Xbox One

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Direct X12 coming to Xbox One: MS added direct X12 to the Xbox logo. ec854299-a5ed-4729-894d-f12554a50e9f