Direct X12 coming to Xbox One

Discus and support Direct X12 coming to Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It's obvious X1 was released a year early to take some of Sony's market share. 2014 IS the year that X1 will really Shine and you will see why it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by vikingland1, Mar 7, 2014.

  1. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest

    Direct X12 coming to Xbox One


    It's obvious X1 was released a year early to take some of Sony's market share. 2014 IS the year that X1 will really Shine and you will see why it customised its hardware so much.
     
    RippenHarra, Mar 7, 2014
    #16
  2. ^^ I for 1 hope you're right.
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 7, 2014
    #17
  3. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    People over on the PSU forums have said the PS4 is in fact getting Mantle.

    And DX is like Blu Ray...Sony might not be the sole owner of BR tech but It's the same....Sony will have just buy the right to use it....I would think.

    Either way, from what I hear they are getting Mantle.
     
    Wiggs, Mar 7, 2014
    #18
  4. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest

    Direct X12 coming to Xbox One

    They are not getting mantle.
     
    RippenHarra, Mar 7, 2014
    #19
  5. Fye Nikka
    Fye Nikka Guest
    I didn't notice that. Please share this attachment so that we all may view this change
     
    Fye Nikka, Mar 7, 2014
    #20
  6. ButchB76
    ButchB76 Guest
  7. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest
    Mantle is for AMD cards on pc's only, to help get closer to the metal, so to speak. Why? Because consoles have been doing it for years, and squeezing more from their graphics then pc's can. Ps4 will not use Mantel as they should already have low level access,
    they use custom drivers that have the same functionality as dx 11.2, it is not do 11.2 and it will never have dx 12 as it does not have the hardware.
     
    f00xm4n, Mar 7, 2014
    #22
  8. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest

    Direct X12 coming to Xbox One

    ICN3D normally you speak sence and are very honest but what u r saying about mantis is wrong its for pc cards only sony only got DX11.2 is because they made a deal with ms. Ms made DX they own it. it aint like blu ray. blu ray was formed by 9 companies i
    believe all osny did was make the badge. ms didnt want blu ray they wanted and hoped HD DVD would go the way but it never did. if sony want DX12 then they would need to ask ms but i very much doubt ms wouldnt let them the xbox one was made for DX12
     
    N7 Gh0stz, Mar 7, 2014
    #23
  9. Mantis? lol That was a great laugh to break in the Afternoon Direct X12 coming to Xbox One :)
     
    Fatalshock8912, Mar 8, 2014
    #24
  10. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    @ N7 - that's just what I heard, I'm not saying that it's true or not. And yes I know Sony isn't the only company that created the Blu ray tech, that's why I said they aren't the sole owner,but it's the same where it's a tool just like DX 11 or Blu ray
    that can be acquired with a deal between 2 companies.

    I'm just saying its possible.
     
    Wiggs, Mar 8, 2014
    #25
  11. From what I've been reading Mantle seems like something meant for PCs only.
     
    Fatalshock8912, Mar 8, 2014
    #26
  12. Amd has confirmed that mantle is and will be only on pc, not any console.
     
    Thorbjørn Jensen, Mar 8, 2014
    #27
  13. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest

    Direct X12 coming to Xbox One

    Hmmm, I wonder if I read that wrong when they were saying it.

    We'll either way, it's a good time to be a gamer.
     
    Wiggs, Oct 31, 2018
    #28
  14. Wiggs Win User

    Direct X12 coming to Xbox One

    People over on the PSU forums have said the PS4 is in fact getting Mantle.

    And DX is like Blu Ray...Sony might not be the sole owner of BR tech but It's the same....Sony will have just buy the right to use it....I would think.

    Either way, from what I hear they are getting Mantle.
  15. N7 Gh0stz Win User

    Direct X12 coming to Xbox One

    its called mantle ICN3D and DX12 will be better the xbox one was made for it
  16. Wiggs Win User

    Direct X12 coming to Xbox One

    Isn't AMD coming out with their own version of a direct x type utility?
  17. vikingland1 Win User

    Direct X12 coming to Xbox One

    Thanks MessiahBrowny it's also on N4G website.
  18. MessiahBrowny Win User

    Direct X12 coming to Xbox One

Thema:

Direct X12 coming to Xbox One

Loading...
  1. Direct X12 coming to Xbox One - Similar Threads - Direct X12 coming

  2. [UI Concept] Displaying Achievement Art directly on Rare & Secret Achievement pop-ups!

    in XboX Insiders
    [UI Concept] Displaying Achievement Art directly on Rare & Secret Achievement pop-ups!: Hello everyone, I wanted to share a UI concept I designed to improve the achievement notification system on Xbox. The Proposal: Instead of using a plain diamond banner for rare achievements, I...
  3. Permanent directional input in UI

    in XboX Insiders
    Permanent directional input in UI: About 2 hours ago my series x on Delta ring suddenly started scrolling down to the bottom of the home screen as if down was being held. At first I thought it was the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard...
  4. Original Xbox BC pillarbox bars are not true black even in direct console screenshots

    in XboX Insiders
    Original Xbox BC pillarbox bars are not true black even in direct console screenshots: This is a direct Xbox screenshot, + photos of my OLED. Sampling the pillarbox area shows it is not RGB 0,0,0, but a very dark reddish/brownish near-black, it happens in every og Xbox BC game. I...
  5. Allow editing of email, password, phone number, and recovery info directly on Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Allow editing of email, password, phone number, and recovery info directly on Xbox: Right now, if we want to change our email address, password, phone number, or recovery options, we have to go to an external website like Microsoft.com. It would be much more convenient and secure...
  6. Add a "Sleep/Rest Mode" option directly to the power menu

    in XboX Insiders
    Add a "Sleep/Rest Mode" option directly to the power menu: Please add a dedicated "Sleep" or "Instant-On" option to the Xbox shutdown menu, just like the PS5's Rest Mode. Right now, players have to go into Settings > Power Options to manage this, which is...
  7. Xbox controller buttons not working nut directional stick works.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller buttons not working nut directional stick works.: I have an xbox one series x. Everything was fine until a couple of days ago when my controller A B Y and X buttons stopped working. I assumed it was a hardware issue so I bought a new controller...
  8. Direct X12 Game Changer?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Direct X12 Game Changer?: DirectX 12: A game changer for Xbox One e1794d5f-5144-4d27-b789-f5b5c0c8f1b9
  9. Direct X12 what is it and what does it mean for the X1

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Direct X12 what is it and what does it mean for the X1: Hate to break it to you SMG, and I'm not trying to call you out, but Titanfall not living up to the hype is not a fact, it is your personal opinion. ade9d89a-9d08-4304-9a32-0f73de512b7a
  10. Direct X12 the game changer

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Direct X12 the game changer: What impact will Direct X12 have ? and will it be the game changer ?? 49813a43-4b9c-4df3-b9cc-f3cb4873de65