Digitalizing XBox 360 games

Discus and support Digitalizing XBox 360 games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, unfortunately I could not find an answer to my question, so hopefully someone is able to explain the following to me: I am still a XBox 360... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Christoph Quadt, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Digitalizing XBox 360 games

Hi there,

unfortunately I could not find an answer to my question, so hopefully someone is able to explain the following to me:
    I am still a XBox 360 user and have amassed quite a lot of games, most of them are backwards compatible. As the current bundle prices for an XBox Series X are a bit expensive for me, I was thinking of buying an XBox Series S, although I am aware this one does not have a disc slot.

So my question is: If I would buy or use an XBox One X, insert my backwards compatible games discs in there, will the game then be digitally authenticated and added to my XBox account, so it knows I own this game, would I then be able to use an XBox Series S do get the game digitally instead of having to insert the disc again?

Thanks for your answers.

:)

Christoph Quadt, Jun 20, 2024
  2. Judge Win User

Question about Microsoft's first-party games...

On the 360 or on the Xbox One? Every game is put up on the Xbox One digital store on day one, but 360 games might take a while to get there digitally.
  3. UnchargedTerror Win User

Call of Duty Dual License Confusion.

I have found this but Amazon does not write that in their description, they write the opposite

But what I found on another website was this

"Microsoft offers the Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo, a disc-less dual-license that provides the Xbox 360 digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, as well as the Xbox One digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts – linked and unlocked via a user’s Xbox
    Live gamertag. The Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo will be available at participating retailers for a suggested retail price of £64.99."

Q. When I upgrade from digital download for Xbox 360 to digital download for Xbox One, will my digital Xbox 360 game license be deactivated?

A. No, Xbox 360 game license will not be deactivated. Both game licenses will be retained.

This essentially means that should you buy the license, you will be buying the game for both consoles simultaneously. Sweet idea?
  4. UnchargedTerror Win User

Call of Duty Dual License Confusion.

but on the faq on Call of duty ghosts website it says

When I upgrade from digital download for Xbox 360 to digital download for Xbox One, will my digital Xbox 360 game license be deactivated?

No, Xbox 360 game license will not be deactivated. Both game licenses will be retained.

-

I am really confused, does that only apply if you buy the game of the dashboard?

Also will it be available Nov 5th...?
  5. Smwutches Win User

ive just bought a second hand xbox 360 live elite how can i tell if its got games saved on the hard drive and can i play those games without the disc

Hi there Joooe,

With the xbox 360 you will need the disc to play the game. If it was an xbox one and it was a digital copy you wouldn't need anything.
    The 360 also has games digitally so the same would apply on the 360.
  6. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

call of duty ghosts upgrade?

it will work, if you bought the digital copy from the MS market place it will work not sure about any others:

www.callofduty.com/.../nextgen

Q.
    How does the Xbox next-generation upgrade program work?

A.
    Microsoft offers the Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo, a disc-less dual-license that provides the Xbox 360 digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, as well as the Xbox One digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts – linked and unlocked via a user’s Xbox Live
    gamertag. The Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo will be available at participating retailers for a suggested retail price of $69.99.

Alternatively, via the Xbox Live Market place, players can also purchase an Xbox 360 digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts for a suggested retail price of $59.99. And when ready to upgrade to Xbox One, players can purchase a digital Xbox One version of Call
    of Duty: Ghosts for a suggested retail price of just $10 until May 31, 2014. This also applies to Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition purchases.

Q.
    When I upgrade from digital download for Xbox 360 to digital download for Xbox One, will my digital Xbox 360 game license be deactivated?

A.No, Xbox 360 game license will not be deactivated. Both game licenses will be retained.
Thema:

Digitalizing XBox 360 games

1. Digitalizing XBox 360 games - Similar Threads - Digitalizing 360 games

2. I forgot my Xbox 360 4 digit pass code at the family setting

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my Xbox 360 4 digit pass code at the family setting: I forgot my Xbox 360 4 digit pass code and now my games do not play 286f448f-b8f9-49b4-94e7-aef96fa3151d
  3. Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?: I was wondering if I could transfer my games and DLC that I bought on my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One, and if so, how? 49e01af5-2245-4305-a4c4-72c471d44745
  4. My xbox 360 disconnects from Xbox live while playing digital games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox 360 disconnects from Xbox live while playing digital games.: It's very frustrating. When I'm trying to play digital games my profile disconnects from xbox live. 2088cd6f-2e93-4cbe-9fe0-dd1e0626f25f
  5. Can I transfer a Digitally owned Xbox 360 copy of Fall of Cybertron to my Gaming Laptop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer a Digitally owned Xbox 360 copy of Fall of Cybertron to my Gaming Laptop...: Heyo! I am looking to do something, but i'm not 100% sure on how to go about it. I'm not one of these people that will bottle neck the rules, to get what I want. My aim is to take the files from...
  6. I cannot play digital copies of burnout 3 or star wars jedi starfighter on my 360 even...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play digital copies of burnout 3 or star wars jedi starfighter on my 360 even...: I purchased a digital copy of burnout 3 from the store and I am having trouble playing it. I can download and install it, but when I go to play it, I get an error that tells me to try downloading...
  7. I have a game digitally on xbox 360 that is backwards compatible with xbox one, but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a game digitally on xbox 360 that is backwards compatible with xbox one, but it...: My Xbox 360 has a digital game (Lego Star Wars 2), which is compatible with my Xbox One, but I am not able to install it on my Xbox One as it says I need to purchase it. Any help?...
  8. I can't get the 10 digit code for my Xbox 360 250GB Slim

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't get the 10 digit code for my Xbox 360 250GB Slim: Can someone reach out to me as I have been trying to connect my Xbox Live Account to my Xbox via the Xbox mobile app however i cannot get the 10 digit code for my Xbox 360 250GB Slim version....
  9. Where can I change the 4 digit pin for parental controls on Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where can I change the 4 digit pin for parental controls on Xbox 360: How do I change the 4 digit pin for parental controls? d3477be4-0e92-474c-add8-37064e689365
  10. I forgot my Xbox 360 4-digit password that is locked on my Xbox live account. Help please

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my Xbox 360 4-digit password that is locked on my Xbox live account. Help please: It’s not working because I made this password like two years ago and I forgot it ae3823d8-e2ca-43bb-9a6b-896442aee20a