Digital vs Disc - Discussion

Discus and support Digital vs Disc - Discussion in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; a few things of note to people here @OMGr9573 yea it still takes space. the only difference is you don't have to download it so it install faster and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kingvas78, Feb 20, 2014.

  1. Digital vs Disc - Discussion


    a few things of note to people here

    @OMGr9573

    yea it still takes space. the only difference is you don't have to download it so it install faster and also you don't have to worry about bandwidth caps if you have one. peronally i get about 35 down and have no cap so its not a big deal to me

    @captiveaire

    hopefully we do see that. one thing i like is there is no tax on digital purchases so it is 5 dollars cheaper for me (or 8% for those who count) SO when i purchased my 5 games digitally like i have i saved 25 dollars from retail
     
    Upinya Slayin, Feb 21, 2014
    #31
  2. OMGr8573
    OMGr8573 Guest
    So my question is... if I buy digital and I delete it or a in few years or so I get another new Xbox One can I redownload any digital games? Or is it a one time buy or attached to the system I bought it on?
     
    OMGr8573, Feb 21, 2014
    #32
  3. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    Of course you can as long as you use the same MS Account/ Gamertag you originally purchased them under.
     
    RippenHarra, Feb 21, 2014
    #33
  4. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest

    Digital vs Disc - Discussion

    Yes. Your games are available to re-download to ANY console and are tied to your gamertag. As long as your account doesn't get gimped (Banned/Forgotten Password.), the rights to the game doesn't change (Buyouts/Etc.), or they shut the servers down, you have
    "use" of your purchase.

    Peace, J.R.
     
    J.R.G., Feb 21, 2014
    #34
  5. CRUZZifer
    CRUZZifer Guest
    CRUZZifer, Feb 21, 2014
    #35
  6. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    And with that I would say most new games now will follow.
     
    RippenHarra, Feb 21, 2014
    #36
  7. Though its that reason I prefer disk. I can abandon my account and start a new one without bothering for licensing transfer.
     
    Karch V Amadeo, Feb 21, 2014
    #37
  8. Digital vs Disc - Discussion

    Like i always said...there should be a fair balance to please both ...gamers that rather Digithal and gamers that rather disk.

    Hey Camaro boy welcome back ! You took a big vacation out of General Discussions Forums.
     
    IngameInstincts, Feb 21, 2014
    #38
  9. FWIW i started going digital towards the end of the 360 and loved it. I had a 64GB flash drive (even though XB only uses 32 lol) and i had mo profile downloaded and like 5-6 games i was playing with save files and all and when it went to a friends i'd unplug
    it and have everything with me. pop it in their 360 and sign in and play all the games. much better then carrying a bunch of discs. I love the X1 way of storing everything on teh cloud. I was at a friends and signed in and my home screen was there as well
    as my games and everything. it was pretty awesome. even when i used "record that" for the beta, it worked and was on my X1 when i got home for me to upload.
     
    Upinya Slayin, Feb 21, 2014
    #39
  10. I am not a fan of the cloud storage i rather the old way. My question is what is going to happens to the saves we have stored or where are we going to save if they get rid of the cloud in a future ? If still there is no external HDD.
     
    IngameInstincts, Feb 21, 2014
    #40
  11. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    Slayin that's what I'm hoping for with the. 3tb external support. Portability with no discs.
     
    RippenHarra, Feb 21, 2014
    #41
  12. Been a minute since I've seen a post from Camaroboy69. Anyway I'd have no problem with buying digital games if they were more competitively priced.
     
    Windows10XboxOne, Oct 31, 2018
    #42
  13. Windows10XboxOne Win User

    Digital vs Disc - Discussion

    Been a minute since I've seen a post from Camaroboy69. Anyway I'd have no problem with buying digital games if they were more competitively priced.
  14. IngameInstincts Win User

    Digital vs Disc - Discussion

    Like i always said...there should be a fair balance to please both ...gamers that rather Digithal and gamers that rather disk.

    Hey Camaro boy welcome back ! You took a big vacation out of General Discussions Forums.
  15. RippenHarra Win User

    Digital vs Disc - Discussion

    Of course you can as long as you use the same MS Account/ Gamertag you originally purchased them under.
  16. LoneStoneWolf Win User

    Digital vs Disc - Discussion

    Disc. Im a collector. Only really trade games if their that bad.....which im thinking BF4 and Ghosts might be on the way out.
  17. Listed mia 510 Win User

    Digital vs Disc - Discussion

    I do both. As of now there is no difference to me. When convenient I buy digital solely because I do not want to go anywhere. Now I also buy the digital games that are not on disc just because I want to try them all.

    But for big titles I go disc. A store 20 miles from me is doing a midnight thief release. So that will be a disc for me as well.
Thema:

Digital vs Disc - Discussion

Loading...
  1. Digital vs Disc - Discussion - Similar Threads - Digital Disc Discussion

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 14th, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 14th, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  9. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 7th, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 7th, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  10. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of August 31st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of August 31st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After last week's Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders starting this week. Please use this thread for all ongoing...