Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

Discus and support Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; "That's right digital is what it is a very esay way to make a impulse purchases of something just by clicking. And they take full advantage of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DiGi7AL-5C12A7FF-6779-4279-94DC-7BBE5A2C0566, Apr 2, 2014.

  1. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest

    Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one


    "That's right digital is what it is a very esay way to make a impulse purchases of something just by clicking. And they take full advantage of the people who are doing it. I wonder how many people are under the influence when they make these bad choices?
    Think about that."

    ---

    ---

    ---

    Impaired DD purchasing? The consumer is responsible for there purchases and there state of mind at the time of sale. Maybe the Kinect will be able to take a breath sample before any online purchase...Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one :)
     
    kingvas78, Apr 3, 2014
    #31
  2. Randver
    Randver Guest
    When MS couldn't tell us who the "authorized third parties" were or how the person to person transfers would work then it was just another grand idea without a plan. GameStop hadn't been contacted prior to the announcement for setting up a system and they
    should have been at the top of the list.

    We would have been disc locked on day one with a bunch of promises of the ability to do the rest at a later date.
     
    Randver, Apr 3, 2014
    #32
  3. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    Just to throw this out there, but Amazon did offer AAA game codes for xbox 360. I bought a Skyrim code last year for $29.99
     
    x24hrs2livex, Apr 3, 2014
    #33
  4. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest

    Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

    Has nobody got a family? With 2 xbox ones in the house. Having people play a game I am not paying upstairs without me buying two copies makes it worth while. I also recall having to buy mass effect twice because the disk got scratched.
     
    f00xm4n, Oct 31, 2018
    #34
  5. Randver Win User

    Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

    @bstn617

    Ice is referring to game codes rather than points/wallet codes or whatever you want to call them that only add the ability to purchase games.

    If you look at the PC you have a dozen or more options of retailers to purchase games from and then activate them. I have a mailbox of emails everyday from GMG, GG, GoG, Steam, a bunch of bundles sites, etc offering sales. That kind of competition drives
    down prices.
  6. BHC Bluez n 2z Win User

    Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

    @Randver. Yeah, that's true. I also hope so
  7. Farscape247 Win User

    Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

    It is the shear amount of bandwidth needed for game distribution, a game like cod downloaded say 100.000 times take a staggering 4200TB of bandwidth and that is just one game at a size of say 42GB. bandwidth can cost more than a postage stamp. It is there
    for convenience and to eventually cut discs and all piracy that comes with physical media.
  8. ShawnKneher Win User

    Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

    Digital games are not really any cheaper on PS4 - although it is true that you get a lot more free games from them and they have a larger selection of indies (which are cheap or sometimes free). The PS plus provides a greater value in this sense then xbox
    gold but that's not new and not really specific to the one.
  9. Dangerboy4020 Win User

    Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

    Servers aren't free so distribution isn't.
Thema:

Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

Loading...
  1. Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one - Similar Threads - Digital pricing gripes

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....