Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

Discus and support Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; wowo Juice... where have you been family sharing :DUH: Do this... make only ONE console your HOME GOLD.... go purchase a game on it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DiGi7AL-5C12A7FF-6779-4279-94DC-7BBE5A2C0566, Apr 2, 2014.

  1. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

    Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one


    wowo Juice... where have you been family sharing Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one :DUH:

    Do this... make only ONE console your HOME GOLD.... go purchase a game on it digitally... Now go to your secondary console... sign in... goto your games... see said game you just bought... and DL to the secondary console... BOOM DONE
     
    tohellnbak, Apr 3, 2014
    #16
  2. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest
    The price of digital games should absolutely be cheaper. When you go to a box store to buy your games you are paying there mark up price for the store to make a profit. When you buy digital you still pay the stores marked up price good deal!!

    I have places around me that sell brand new day one games at 10$ less then Gamestop, Bestbuy, and Wallmart and have trade in value when your done. Digital download as it stands now is a joke.
     
    bstn617, Apr 3, 2014
    #17
  3. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest
    and like I said above, the cost of bandwidth is massively expensive also, that justifies the cost with retail stores.
     
    Farscape247, Apr 3, 2014
    #18
  4. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

    Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

    [quote user="bstn617"]The price of digital games should absolutely be cheaper.[/quote]Only if a publisher is fine losing physical sales. That is the threat that brick and mortar hang over publishers.
    But it's obviously not enough to offset the cost of the lost physical sales for most publishers.

    What you are implying is that if a publisher cut their digital pricing to $50 or less, that they'd not only see enough sales of the digital to pay for the lost physical, but they'd also make enough profit to pay for the digital infrastructure - recurring
    costs for servers, storage, network infrastructure, and bandwidth. Games don't sell that well.
    What, mom and pops with low overhead? Those are fading away.
     
    IceStorm III, Apr 3, 2014
    #19
  5. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    traditional B&M stores are also able to lower the price much lower than digital as since you need to come to the store.... guess what... you are there.... the chances of you picking up the game... any maybe a soda and a used game on impulse or.. yanno what...
    I always though I could use an extra battery pack... are great... so they may loose $10.00 per sale on the game but just made $50.00 profit on extra stuff...

    digital... it is what is.. point - click - pay - done
     
    tohellnbak, Apr 3, 2014
    #20
  6. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest
    That's right digital is what it is a very esay way to make a impulse purchases of something just by clicking. And they take full advantage of the people who are doing it. I wonder how many people are under the influence when they make these bad choices?
    Think about that.

    I understand the retailers power over pricing, it's the same point I make when talking about X1 with no disc drives why would the store stock it.

    I think the point is the digital games should reflect the prices that we see in the stores. and like I said I have a spot I can get day one games for 10$ less it's there choice to take less profit and it works out real good for them it's msrp they can do
    what they want with the price some are just greedy.
     
    bstn617, Apr 3, 2014
    #21
  7. I'm amazed that nobody has started an argument or insulted somebody else yet. Very good, guys! Keep it up - this is what I like to see when it comes to a discussion. Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one :D
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 3, 2014
    #22
  8. Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

    @Randver. Yeah, that's true. I also hope so
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, Apr 3, 2014
    #23
  9. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="bstn617"]I think the point is the digital games should reflect the prices that we see in the stores.[/quote]Why? Why should a digital storefront carry the lowest price of a game in a physical storefront?

    Games go on sale at various retailers all the time. If Best Buy has a sale, GameStop's not going to necessarily have a sale at the same time.

    If you want to provide Feedback to MS, tell them you want B&M and online retailers to be able to carry digital codes for games. Amazon's been carrying some for Sony. Amazon has carried some for Live Arcade in the past. There are many sites that sell Origin
    and Steam codes. No real reason MS cannot do the same.
     
    IceStorm III, Apr 3, 2014
    #24
  10. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest
    @icestorm nobody is asking for the lowest price. I would just think that they could at least be fair with there pricing if they are going to push to make it the future of game sales. Personally I am buying the disc regardless because it has trade in value
    and digital does not.
     
    bstn617, Apr 3, 2014
    #25
  11. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest
    And the aftermarket codes will not help much. How often do points go on sale? Almost never.
     
    bstn617, Apr 3, 2014
    #26
  12. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @bstn617

    Ice is referring to game codes rather than points/wallet codes or whatever you want to call them that only add the ability to purchase games.

    If you look at the PC you have a dozen or more options of retailers to purchase games from and then activate them. I have a mailbox of emails everyday from GMG, GG, GoG, Steam, a bunch of bundles sites, etc offering sales. That kind of competition drives
    down prices.
     
    Randver, Apr 3, 2014
    #27
  13. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest

    Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

    Xbox 360 had game codes not sure about the X1 though. It was mostly arcade games and not AAA new releases but still.
     
    bstn617, Apr 3, 2014
    #28
  14. Randver
    Randver Guest
    GameStop and Amazon used to carry arcade codes and then MS pulled them for unknown reasons.

    That was a big part of why everyone was so concerned about losing the ability to buy/sell disc with the original plan. MS would have had a stranglehold on pricing if and when we went all digital.
     
    Randver, Apr 3, 2014
    #29
  15. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    A long time ago, Amazon ended the experiment with Live Arcade titles.

    5x5 codes for games and DLC still exist for Xbox One. The version of Titanfall included in the Titanfall bundle is a code, not a disc.

    No one "lost" the ability to sell discs. They had to be sold to an authorized third party, but it was still possible. No one "lost" the ability to sell their game one time to another person. MS just made sure they weren't in the path of that sale.
     
    IceStorm III, Apr 3, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one

Loading...
  1. Digital pricing and other gripes with Xbox one - Similar Threads - Digital pricing gripes

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....