Digital games going cheaper Ryse is first

Discus and support Digital games going cheaper Ryse is first in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Great news, too bad I paid full price. Guess it is worth it to get the first hand knowledge of these games. As it also just got it's second dlc I guess... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PUDDIN DAGGER, Feb 17, 2014.

  1. Digital games going cheaper Ryse is first


    Great news, too bad I paid full price. Guess it is worth it to get the first hand knowledge of these games. As it also just got it's second dlc I guess it's time too sword and shield up soon
     
    Listed mia 510, Feb 17, 2014
    #16
  2. [quote user="Dan87"], I think it would not be something out of ordinary to have all digital games cheaper by $5 from the moment they launch. The case, CD, shipping employees to sell those hardcopy games must be worth something that we can get
    in the form of a small discount on day 1.[/quote]You'd think that to be true, but that's not necessarily the case. You have to remember that digital content still requires servers to sell the content in the 1st place, not to mention the maintenance required
    for upkeep and to keep track of records of who bought it and other pertinent info. All of that also costs money.
     
    Galactic Geek, Feb 17, 2014
    #17
  3. Obviously good news but usually I don't find it too hard to get a bargain and if the hard copy is only £5 more, I'll pay £5 more.
     
    Dynamic Sausage, Feb 17, 2014
    #18
  4. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest

    Digital games going cheaper Ryse is first

    Its nothing more than “deal of the week" Xbox One version. Its not a price drop.
     
    Burst Axe, Feb 17, 2014
    #19
  5. It is about time they looked at pricing. Microsoft wants gamers to go "digital" but they games are just too expensive. I can purchase most games on Amazon cheaper. I want to go all digital, but not for an extra $10-20 per game... and also, no pre-order
    bonuses for new games.

    I don't pre-order often, but when I do I would like the bonuses.
     
    Sayburr-3DE85633-AAF0-4CEF-8454-9E388E5CBE36, Feb 17, 2014
    #20
  6. But technically GG, Microsoft, are getting would be normally the Shop Store Cut, and that equates to about 20 to 27% of the total price. Because they are the one's providing the servers.

    Thats a lot of money in anyone's book. Money that Microsoft could swallow part of and offer a cheaper digital game from the start. Just giving 10% of that money in discount at launch, would save £6 on digital price on launch
     
    HairyLoveSpuds, Feb 17, 2014
    #21
  7. At this moment in time I don't see any advantage of going digital other than not getting up off your bum and having to change the disc. It is more expensive and if you get sick or finish a game you cannot trade it in and get some money back. Hoping this
    is the start of a new process that they will introduce.
     
    PUDDIN DAGGER, Feb 17, 2014
    #22
  8. Digital games going cheaper Ryse is first

    If this continues then it's a step in the right direction, there is no way a digital game should cost the same or more in xbla's case then a physical copy.
     
    RedEye Expr3ss, Feb 17, 2014
    #23
  9. Finally a move by MS I could support. I think companies all need to think about this if they want digital to sell over physical. I'd be willing to consider digital if it was considerably cheaper than physical.
     
    ShadowRiver797, Feb 17, 2014
    #24
  10. A step in the right direction. This generation I want to get most my games on the marketplace, but that won't happen as long as physical games are cheaper.
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, Feb 17, 2014
    #25
  11. [quote user="PUDDIN DAGGER"]At this moment in time I don't see any advantage of going digital other than not getting up off your bum and having to change the disc. It is more expensive and if you get sick or finish a game you cannot trade it in and get
    some money back. Hoping this is the start of a new process that they will introduce.[/quote]Some additional advantages of digital:

    1) Can't break.

    2) Can't be stolen.

    3) Doesn't require disc to play.

    4) Don't have to transport disc to another console.

    5) Doesn't take up any physical (shelf) space.

    Although you're right about not being able to sell it, I'm sure that will change in time. In any case, if you're bored or done with it, you can always delete it. Digital games going cheaper Ryse is first ;)
     
    Galactic Geek, Feb 17, 2014
    #26
  12. I don't get it. Pretty much 3 months after it's release, Ryse is going to be on sale 1 week, and this is exciting people? What am I missing?
     
    Goth Vampirella, Feb 17, 2014
    #27
  13. Digital games going cheaper Ryse is first

    The fact that this is the first step of hopefully many deals to come. Also hopefully they will reconsider the pricing of new digital releases.
     
    PUDDIN DAGGER, Feb 17, 2014
    #28
  14. Lloydy25
    Lloydy25 Guest
    Ryse. The same 5 moves against the same 5 guys for 5 hours? Wake me up when it hits £5.
     
    Lloydy25, Feb 17, 2014
    #29
  15. tacocw01
    tacocw01 Guest
    Hey guys if you want FREE Microsoft points (this is what I use) and you will get free Microsoft points because Bing Rewards is by Microsoft if you use this link I am pretty sure you will start off with extra points in the beginning when you reach silver
    :
    www.bing.com/.../rewards
     
    tacocw01, Feb 17, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Digital games going cheaper Ryse is first

Loading...
  1. Digital games going cheaper Ryse is first - Similar Threads - Digital games going

  2. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  3. The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games

    in XboX Insiders
    The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games: So I like most of you other Insiders, I decided to check every Xbox One and Xbox Series X game I own to see which ones qualify for Disc to Digital. And between both consoles, I have 258 physical...
  4. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  5. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  6. Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...: In the Insider App, I only have access to Delta and Omega features, no beta or others versions on my Series X console, now I know my reviews are not always good, but I never wrote anything under...
  7. Disk 2 Digital games crash upon opening? and were working perfectly fine yesterday?, is it...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disk 2 Digital games crash upon opening? and were working perfectly fine yesterday?, is it...: Disk 2 Digital games crash upon opening? and were working perfectly fine yesterday?, is it a problem with the new update? ill try restarting my console then give an update submitted by...
  8. Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?

    in XboX Insiders
    Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?: I have only had the digital license notification pop up on discs that were already installed. On games others have confirmed that work it only triggers an install and doesn't pop up the digital...
  9. I got an xbox série x digital and i cant go on YouTube play game because the screen dosent...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got an xbox série x digital and i cant go on YouTube play game because the screen dosent...: [mod removed - personal information] 38e732ec-630d-4b98-83b6-68a3e94a8eeb
  10. Are we ever going to be able to lend and trade digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Are we ever going to be able to lend and trade digital games?: This is a feature that should be doable; Steam figured out how long ago I lend games quite often. Heck I can even share my library without using weird account exploits. Why can't we do any of that...