Digital Games Expiry and removal from Microsoft Library

Discus and support Digital Games Expiry and removal from Microsoft Library in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If I purchase a game, and you remove this game from you Microsoft library, will I be able to download and play it?, or I will not be able to download... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mohamed Elbersy, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Digital Games Expiry and removal from Microsoft Library

If I purchase a game, and you remove this game from you Microsoft library, will I be able to download and play it?, or I will not be able to download it as it is not in the library?, that affects my decision while purchasing xbox and my preference of disc vs digital

At the moment, I’m purchasing xbox games and keeping them in my account, but I’m not playing, i have no time

I don’t know when i will be able to play them

:)

Mohamed Elbersy, Jan 9, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

If you purchase a game and it's delisted, it'll still be tied to your account so you can install it and play it.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Backwards compatibility.

Hi,

Unfortunately this is unlikely. There are a number of reasons for this:

• At the moment BC for Xbox 360 is suspended and Microsoft have not made any announcements if more games will be made BC ]
    • Lollipop chainsaw was delisted a few years ago now. It was removed from all digital stores for Xbox, PlayStation and PC. The problem was with the music licenses expiry. The developers/publishers didn't want to pay for the licensed music and so the game was removed from sale as a digital download.
    Since BC requires a digital download, BC isn't going to be possible with the expired music licenses.
  4. TheNipz TGA Win User

Assassins Creed not Working

Hey, try uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it.

have had an issue with that before.

if digital try downloading from the microsoft store not from your library

5. Jonny306 Win User

****........my Xbox 360 Store is strange....

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your inquiry/ concern.

Game developers/ publishers always pull games from digital libraries. Xbox won't remove any titles unless the creator of that game pulls it from the library which will prevent us players from buying it.
  6. psystorm-FAF1E3CC-F0 Win User

Microsoft defends XB1 in Interview...

If you buy disc it should still show up in your digital library, ergo your 10 "xbox family" members should still have access to it. Same restrictions apply, only one person playing it at a time. Sell back to a store, game is removed from digital library.
    This is where things are murky, the unique disc id has to be de-tethered from your GamerTag.
Thema:

1. Digital Games Expiry and removal from Microsoft Library - Similar Threads - Digital Games Expiry

2. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  3. Digitalizing XBox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digitalizing XBox 360 games: Hi there, unfortunately I could not find an answer to my question, so hopefully someone is able to explain the following to me: I am still a XBox 360 user and have amassed quite a lot of games,...
  4. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  5. Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?: I was wondering if I could transfer my games and DLC that I bought on my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One, and if so, how? 49e01af5-2245-4305-a4c4-72c471d44745
  6. I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...: I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games I download work fine. Is there a reason why it won't read the older Xbox One games I have? Some are brand...
  7. Add game to Xbox digital store

in XBoX on Windows
    Add game to Xbox digital store: Could y’all add the old Lord of the Rings games like: lord of the rings conquest Lord of the rings third age Lord of the rings return of the king/two towers/fellowship for the ring These games...
  8. hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...: hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14 days ago (14 days is the deadline for digital game purchases). I emailed Microsoft/Xbox to repeal their...
  9. Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?: So I used to have another Xbox account that is under my father’s email address and I purchased two digital games on there. I am wondering if there is any way for me to transfer the games from that...
  10. Game pass expiry won’t allow me to play owned digital copy of game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass expiry won’t allow me to play owned digital copy of game: I am currently unable to play minecraft on my Xbox because it states my game pass has expired. I own the game digitally and it states on the Microsoft store that I own it. My game pass expired in...