Different ways to connect to xbox live ? - i don't have a router here... ( BT FON ) ETC..

Discus and support Different ways to connect to xbox live ? - i don't have a router here... ( BT FON ) ETC.. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the next couple of months i won't be at home but at a rental flat that doesn't have a router. However it does have BT FON which i have an account... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WobblyDuck18, Jul 5, 2014.

1. WobblyDuck18
    WobblyDuck18 Guest

Different ways to connect to xbox live ? - i don't have a router here... ( BT FON ) ETC..

For the next couple of months i won't be at home but at a rental flat that doesn't have a router. However it does have BT FON which i have an account for - and for those of you that don't know, when you connect via my laptop you connect to it then have to
    load a web page in order to be re-directed to the bt Fon log in page. However on the xbox one you cant open internet explorer to do this unless you already have an internet connection .

I also have done it so i change my MAC address on my xbox one to match my laptop, and i can connect however i cant play online because of two devices sharing th mac address !

Does anyone else have any ways that i could connect to xbox live ? I've been trying all day to figure it out with no luck. I NEED XBOX LIVE !!!

Oh, and i do have an ethernet cable to hand if that helps !

Thanks Everyone

:)

WobblyDuck18, Jul 5, 2014
  2. cant connect to xbox live

yes i do and when u say other network does that include bt fon or bt wifi

URBAN pr3datorz, Jul 5, 2014
  3. Ricracrok
    Ricracrok Guest
    connect my xbox to another wifi network

My broadband is down ( BT Infinity ) and i can't access my games offline because i never set them up for offline playing, i am trying to connect my xbox1 to another wifi network ( BT Fon) my mac is connected to BT Fon but my xbox won't, would appreciate
    any help.

Ricracrok, Jul 5, 2014
  4. Different ways to connect to xbox live ? - i don't have a router here... ( BT FON ) ETC..

I would suggest using a portable hotspot device. Also you might have success via wireless hotspot from your cable company if yours has them in the community.

USARMYMILITARY, Jul 6, 2014
  5. LarryBrah
    LarryBrah Guest
    Greetings WobblyDuck18,

USARMYMILITARY is correct. The only way there is a possible connection is through Hotspot via wireless. Hotspots can be created from your Smart phone if you have one and you're phone plan has that feature. Otherwise there isn't really any way. Sorry! Even
    with that, strength might be really weak, so there is no saying how far you'll get even with connection to a hotspot.

LarryBrah, Jul 6, 2014
  6. E0N82
    E0N82 Guest
    ive bridged my xbox one with pc via BT openzone hotspot and can only run party chat and some apps but no online gaming

E0N82, Apr 19, 2015
  7. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Hey there E0N82,

If you have any Xbox Support related questions you need assistance with, please feel encouraged to create a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way you can receive support catered specifically to you from our community. Thanks so much!

Miss Diggz, Oct 31, 2018
  8. E0N82 Win User

ive bridged my xbox one with pc via BT openzone hotspot and can only run party chat and some apps but no online gaming
  9. USARMYMILITARY Win User

I would suggest using a portable hotspot device. Also you might have success via wireless hotspot from your cable company if yours has them in the community.
  10. LarryBrah Win User

Greetings WobblyDuck18,

USARMYMILITARY is correct. The only way there is a possible connection is through Hotspot via wireless. Hotspots can be created from your Smart phone if you have one and you're phone plan has that feature. Otherwise there isn't really any way. Sorry! Even
    with that, strength might be really weak, so there is no saying how far you'll get even with connection to a hotspot.
  11. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there E0N82,

If you have any Xbox Support related questions you need assistance with, please feel encouraged to create a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way you can receive support catered specifically to you from our community. Thanks so much!
  12. Paul1708 Win User

connect my xbox to another wifi network

Hey Ricracrok

Because of the way Open Networks work like BT FON its basicly a public network that needs a log in and the xbox cant handle that.

What you need to do is connect your xbox to a PC or Laptop with a enthernet cable. Set the Network up on the PC and share the network with your console in Network Setting. This guide will talk you though those steps

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/connect-live-using-pc

I have done this with my xbox one and BT Fon in the past so can confrim it does work
Thema:

1. Different ways to connect to xbox live ? - i don't have a router here... ( BT FON ) ETC.. - Similar Threads - Different ways connect

2. I have 2 Xbox series X on 2 different TV's.

in XBoX on Windows
    I have 2 Xbox series X on 2 different TV's.: I don't understand if they are both in 2 different TVs why does turning one on. Turn off the other. It completely cuts the Xbox off. Makes me resign in and load games. Why and how do I get it to...
  3. Wordament states I have two cloud files with different dates. Aks me to choose a file then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wordament states I have two cloud files with different dates. Aks me to choose a file then...: Wordament opens to state I have two games with different start dates, . Wants me to choose which file / game to use, then refuses to acknowledge my choice. tech help was useless because it...
  4. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  5. The graphics and colors look different on just NBA 2k so I was wondering if there was a way...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The graphics and colors look different on just NBA 2k so I was wondering if there was a way...: When i switch to NBA 2K from the home or another game the screen turns black for a few seconds and then when it turns back on the colors look not as sharp and bright....
  6. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  7. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  8. Is there a way to connect a Xbox to a different device other than a tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to connect a Xbox to a different device other than a tv: I broke my hdmi port and I need to hook up my Xbox some other way, i just need to be able to see the screen so I can connect it to the Xbox app 19720997-d81f-40c4-a11c-0fadc0f62656
  9. Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?: Bit of a long post here, but my patience has worn a bit thin on this issue. So I have a gamertag from years before Microsoft Accounts even became a thing, but it's stuck on an email I've never...
  10. I'm trying to buy the fortnite crew pack but it keeps telling me to pick a different way to pay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to buy the fortnite crew pack but it keeps telling me to pick a different way to pay: I'm trying to but the crew pack but it's not letting me buy it dbdf03a1-9442-4360-9d78-821473a6b5e8