Did I get a 2 week communication ban for the wrong reasons?

Discus and support Did I get a 2 week communication ban for the wrong reasons? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so I recently got a 2 week communication ban, but when I looked at the reasons why I got it, it was completely wrong. It said I was saying racist... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FLATCAT69, Jun 20, 2017.

1. FLATCAT69
    FLATCAT69 Guest

Ok so I recently got a 2 week communication ban, but when I looked at the reasons why I got it, it was completely wrong. It said I was saying racist things, excessive swearing, harassment, and homophobic slurs. All I was doing was just playing music that
    did not contain anything offensive. The music I was playing was Screaming MlG KID and Durv Wanna Join My Free Giftcard Giveaway? Also I was not following any players and harassing them with this. Yes I did do something wrong but I was only breaking one rule
    and Microsoft says if its your first warning and it was only something small then it will most likely be a 24 hour suspension , all I was doing was spamming and it was my 1st warning but apparently I got a 2 week communication ban for all the wrong reasons.

:)

FLATCAT69, Jun 20, 2017
  2. Ban related

I was wondering if I could possibly get my ban lifted for communications, I’ve been banned for 2 weeks for inappropriate language to another gamer through message, I did something worst than this before and got the same length of ban for 2 weeks which was
    been in a modded lobby on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, 2 weeks is abit to long for a gamer to banned for communications, 2-4 Days would better to cool down, please could you lift my ban thanks

xWebby II 7 IIx, Jun 20, 2017
  3. I got another ban even though I'm currently serving one already...

Hi,

I originally got a 2 week communication ban for using language which I now see was the wrong thing to do and a 2 week communication ban perfectly warrants what I said. It's only now that I have discovered that I have been given a 2 week ban from Xbox Live
    entirely even though I'm already 3 days into serving my original communication ban.

I've had Xbox live for over 8 years and have been loyal to Microsoft and Xbox for the entire duration of these 8 years and only ever received 3 bans other than this one.

What I am very confused about is how I can be given a much more severe ban on top of the ban I was already given as I thought that once I was given the communication ban, that would be that...

The 2 week ban from Xbox live really does not warrant what I did hence why I accepted the 2 week communication ban as I felt that this was a fair punishment for my actions.

Not being able to speak to my friends is something that I could easily live with but I can now no longer play any of my games as they are all multiplayer based/focused for what was a very minor offense.

Other than submitting a case review, is there absolutely anything that can be done to remove my xbox live ban but keep my communication ban (as I felt the communication ban was fair punishment)?

ToXiC x FuSiOn, Jun 20, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Suspension length can vary based on the severity of the action. So 1st time suspensions are not always 24 hours.

No one here can really speculate on whether or not the suspension was necessary.

Smwutches, Jun 20, 2017
  5. Hyzrah
    Hyzrah Guest
    Well, if you violate the Terms of Use/Code of Conduct more than once, the longer the ban will contribute to be. And if you want to play music through your headset, do it in a party with your friends, or even by yourself.

Just a few tips.

Hyzrah, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Smwutches Win User

Suspension length can vary based on the severity of the action. So 1st time suspensions are not always 24 hours.

No one here can really speculate on whether or not the suspension was necessary.
  7. Hyzrah Win User

Well, if you violate the Terms of Use/Code of Conduct more than once, the longer the ban will contribute to be. And if you want to play music through your headset, do it in a party with your friends, or even by yourself.

Just a few tips.
  8. Alliance United Win User

Communication ban for 2 weeks for no reason.

Hi,

Unfortunately, Xbox Enforcement related issues aren't handled on the Xbox.com Forums. If you would like to contact the Xbox Policy & Enforcement Team, you may do so via 'Case Review'. This will give you the option to have your case re-evaluated and the opportunity
    to message a team member. To start, please head over to your 'Enforcement History' page here: Enforcement History (Please login with the account associated with the enforcement
    action).

If you would like to view how 'Case Review' works, please check here: How-To: Case Review

*Final decision of appeal of suspension will be up to team member, this does not guarantee the suspension will be uplifted.
  9. iDeathStroke19 Win User

Communication ban for 2 weeks for no reason.

Hi,

Unfortunately, Xbox Enforcement related issues aren't handled on the Xbox.com Forums. If you would like to contact the Xbox Policy & Enforcement Team, you may do so via 'Case Review'. This will give you the option to have your case re-evaluated and the opportunity
    to message a team member. To start, please head over to your 'Enforcement History' page here: Enforcement History (Please login with the account associated with the enforcement
    action).

If you would like to view how 'Case Review' works, please check here: How-To: Case Review

*Final decision of appeal of suspension will be up to team member, this does not guarantee the suspension will be uplifted.
    Hi,

Yes i did. And they lied/Are completely wrong. They said i was insulting with homophobic slurs (???) and then they said that i must mute/report other players if they are annoying online.. Wow, They are talking about a whole different situation here.. mostly
    i game only with friends while in a private lobby and no **** about the mute button? so what the ****? i didn't harm/annoy other players. I don't see any reason to message random players tho. I also went to the Xbox Chat Support and they saw my account, and
    they DID NOT see ANY reason to BAN me.

I'm so lost and confused. Nice 2 weeks of communication ban for no reason, Thanks enforcement!

Anyway the Case Review is completed and i really want to contact them back about how completely wrong they are.
  10. xAJR187x Win User

2 weeks communication ban.

I had a problem just like this. For some reason I had a 2 week suspension. I did use some inappropriate language against a player that was telling me to kill myself and threatening me. I reported him, but instead of him being banned I got 2 communication
    bans, each was a 1 week communication ban and they were one after another. All I said was "Go $^%& yourself!" This was only my first offense too.
Thema:

1. Did I get a 2 week communication ban for the wrong reasons? - Similar Threads - Did week communication

2. Can some one explain what I did wrong here?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can some one explain what I did wrong here?: Name of Ark server: ark savages. It's a 4 man tribe molded ark server. I posted "Ark savages 4 man come try it out" My account got banned. I've been with xbox live for over 15 years never had...
  3. My Xbox has been saying trouble shooting for the last week and all I did was turn it on. It...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox has been saying trouble shooting for the last week and all I did was turn it on. It...: My Xbox has been saying trouble shooting for the last week and all I did was turn it on. It takes forever to go to the main screen and even longer to start a game anyone else having this problem....
  4. Xbox One will not connect to internet though it did for over a week

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One will not connect to internet though it did for over a week: I have the Xbox connected via Cat5 to an Access Point and for over a week it connected and downloaded as needed. But today, it gives me an error message after showing 'It's all good' when I test...
  5. Why did I get a 2 week long suspension and not a 1 week long

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get a 2 week long suspension and not a 1 week long: This is my second offense and it says I have 2 suspensions, a 1 week one and a 2 week one...I'm very confused because I thought it was 1 week for second offense so any help would be very much...
  6. Why did my Reward Weekly Set reset to zero today

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my Reward Weekly Set reset to zero today: Why did my Reward Weekly Set reset to zero today 3aaf809f-482e-44e6-b2e4-503f5ee7d0b5
  7. Why did my 74 week streak on weekly sets reset even though I completed the set?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my 74 week streak on weekly sets reset even though I completed the set?: I had a 74 week streak on my weekly rewards set which was completed a few days ago and when I’ve logged on to see the new tasks for this week it’s reset me back to 0? I definitely completed the...
  8. 14 Week suspension for entire Xbox One (S) console for something I have not done or did :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    14 Week suspension for entire Xbox One (S) console for something I have not done or did :(: Hello, Hope you are having a great day. I own an Xbox One (S) and I have gotten an Xbox (Console) Ban for somethings I have not done or did. I have 2 accounts, and [Mod Removed]. On [Mod Removed],...
  9. My account has been banned for one week I did not violate code of conduct

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account has been banned for one week I did not violate code of conduct: hello, to whom it may concern I was playing with a couple of friends on Tuesday night when a random player joined our party and started swearing in harassing us, after him doing so I asked if he...
  10. OS update, unformatted HDD even i did it one week ago

in XBoX on Consoles
    OS update, unformatted HDD even i did it one week ago: Hello My problem with the (Xbox360)consol is looking like this: Everything was ok until one day when i turn on my xbox and i had to update my system but when i accepted the request, system told...