Did a license transfer and downloaded a game and it says disc is unreadable.

Discus and support Did a license transfer and downloaded a game and it says disc is unreadable. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm new to this website. But I need help. I did a license transfer with a friend and download GTA 5. Every time I launch it, it says that the disc is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Clip Reflect, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Clip Reflect
    Clip Reflect Guest

I'm new to this website. But I need help. I did a license transfer with a friend and download GTA 5. Every time I launch it, it says that the disc is unreadable. Please help, this is frustrating.

:)

Clip Reflect, Apr 9, 2016
  2. Washxngton
    Washxngton Guest
    Xbox 360 Downloaded Game Error

Well basically I have bought Modern Warfare 2 some time ago on an old account. So I license transfer that account to my new system. When I downloaded "Mw2", I get an error after I enter a match saying "Disc Unreadable, get a cloth, etc." Now I feel like
    I have wasted my money... I do not know what to do. It is a downloaded game so how is "the disc unreadable"?

Washxngton, Apr 9, 2016
  3. CRY5lS
    CRY5lS Guest
    License Transferring

Can you license transfer a game you downloaded of the disc or can you only do it if it was digitally downloaded? I downloaded my Cod AW off the disc and wanted to share it with my friend and was wondering if he can license transfer it.

CRY5lS, Apr 9, 2016
  4. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Has the Forza Horizon issue been fixed?

Hey folks,

We are still investigating the root of the issue, but we have had luck with the following solution.

Navigate to System Settings>Account>License Transfer, and proceed with the license transfer. (Note: You can only license transfer once every 120 days)

Then go to Account Management>Download History> and redownload Forza Horizon. Once it has downloaded, you should not experience the disc unreadable error.

Let us know how that goes, or if you have anymore questions.
  5. Mister Bees Win User

Forza horizon downloaded but won't play

Hi there vSoundzZ

A possible workaround for the Disc Unreadable situation is to try a
    License Transfer
    . Please sign into the profile that purchased the game & only perform the license transfer on the main console where you want your games to work, generally your home console.

Let us know if that clears things up, we'll be here.
  6. Mister Cerb Win User

Forza Horizon- Disk Unreadable -.-

Hey there Try!

Just to be sure we understand the situation:

You're getting the disc unreadable error while trying to play Forza Horizon on your personal console (where the license is not hosted, because it's on your friend's console)?

Currently, there's an issue where Forza Horizon is getting Disc Unreadable errors. We're actively working with Turn 10 to get this resolved.

A solution that has worked for some is to perform a
    license transfer
    to the primary console.
    So (if you can) I suggest performing a license transfer to your personal console so you can have all of your licenses locally and give Forza Horizon a shot again to see if that yields better results. Remember
    that you can only perform a license transfer once every 4 months.

Let us know how that goes! ^_^
  7. brodobaggins146 Win User

I don't know what's wrong!!!!!

Edit* the error says the disc is unreadable. Even if there is no game in and it's the downloaded version
  8. eG x Thee Elf Win User

game on demand rip off

Paramedic,

As fred is indicating you will need to do a license transfer and re-download the content so that the console license is transferred to the new console. When you use a game disc you HAVE to have the disc to play so there's no need for licensing so-to-speak.
    However, with download content what is to stop someone from downloading it on every Xbox in the world? Licenses control this. So doing a license transfer to the new console will allow every profile on that console to play it offline. Let us know if you have
    any problems.
Thema:

1. Did a license transfer and downloaded a game and it says disc is unreadable. - Similar Threads - Did license transfer

2. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  3. I did noithing wrong and still got baned

in XBoX on Windows
    I did noithing wrong and still got baned: I would please like someone to unban me for i did nothing wrong 684d8522-6ef9-423a-8802-f5bd9e49c41a
  4. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  5. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  6. Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?: I just got two strikes and am banned for two days because of my gamer pic/profile picture. It is just a simple picture of me, nothing offensive or anything else like that (I do not wish to show...
  7. did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it: Issue with Kinect Device I'm experiencing an issue with my Kinect device. After plugging in a flash drive in Kinect port. by accident, it melted and got stuck in the port. After removing the...
  8. I think my minecraft account is hacked and I did not find what to do

in XBoX on Windows
    I think my minecraft account is hacked and I did not find what to do: I recently got my microsoft account Hacked by a player from a minecraft server i was playing on called hypixel. However, I miraculously managed to get everything back, i changed my password and...
  9. I did not recieve the twitch purple heart cape even after redeeming the coden

in XBoX on Windows
    I did not recieve the twitch purple heart cape even after redeeming the coden: I watched a twitch stream for 30 mins got a code i didnt use the code for 2 days it could be tht the code is expired but i wasnt provided any info on the code being expired i got the code on...
  10. Why did my forza horizon 5 license dissapear?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my forza horizon 5 license dissapear?: my license for the game just dissapeared f8670f13-ae0d-4768-ac9c-cebd3037f128