Diablo 4 crashing to home or turning off xbox before getting to queue

Discus and support Diablo 4 crashing to home or turning off xbox before getting to queue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a release day series X bought from Microsoft. I have always had issues with Series X optimised games crashing to home screen, but I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SaraEMcC, Jun 9, 2023.

1. SaraEMcC
    SaraEMcC Guest

Hi,

I have a release day series X bought from Microsoft. I have always had issues with Series X optimised games crashing to home screen, but I have been able to at least log on and play in between (latest being Tokyo:Ghostwire)

I bought Diablo 4 and cannot even get past the "press button to start" most of the time. If I am really quick to press the button I can get the Xbox profile log in screen to come up, but it always crashes back to the home screen or even switches off the console.

The console is not hot, and has plenty of space around it for air flow. I have tried power cycling, and reinstalling the game. Lastly I have reset the console including games and nothing has worked.

Any tips to help?

Thanks very much

:)

SaraEMcC, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Dylan Egan Win User

Yup this happened to me for nba 2k22 and 2k23 and now Diablo 4. Over 200 dollars in games bought and haven't played them. They just take your money. It's insane that they can get away with it. It's pretty much stealing. I pay for games that work. They sell faulty games, make you jump through a million hoops for it to still not work. Then tell you there's nothing they can do and keep your money. All of this is done through email so its a very long conversation to get nowhere.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello SaraEMcC,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Series X console and some optimized games. Based on your description, it seems that your console is crashing or shutting down when you try to play certain games, such as Tokyo:Ghostwire and Diablo 4. This can be very frustrating and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

There are several possible causes for this problem, such as overheating, software glitches, corrupted game data, or hardware issues. To troubleshoot this issue, please follow these steps:

- Check if the console is too hot. Make sure it has enough space around it for air flow and ventilation. If the console feels hot to the touch, let it cool down for a while before turning it back on.

- Force restart the console. Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2-3 minutes before plugging it back in and turning on the Xbox.

- Change your gaming profile or reset the console. Go to System > Settings > General > Network setting > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address: clear. Then, go to System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

- Delete the local save of the game. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games. Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button on your controller. Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data. Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts.

Additional troubleshooting found on the links below:

Add or remove an Xbox profile | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot Xbox console unexpectedly turning off | Xbox Support

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you for choosing Xbox and have a great day!
  4. Michał Pustułka Win User

Its not working. I have the same problem …
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  6. LTC Jones Win User

Crashing on me as well. Love it when you pay 70 bucks and the game won’t work and no one does anything…no way to get your money back or anything?!? Ridiculous
Thema:

1. Diablo 4 crashing to home or turning off xbox before getting to queue - Similar Threads - Diablo crashing home

2. I have been suspended for posting a Looking for Group on Diablo 4. Nothing I posted...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been suspended for posting a Looking for Group on Diablo 4. Nothing I posted...: How do I get suspension lifted? 04be1db3-fed4-4cc4-8d4b-0283013dc8cb
  3. LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4: This issue has been brought up a few time already here but haven't gotten any good traction. I've played Diablo 4 since release up to season 2 on the Xbox. So, I know what a joy it is to be able...
  4. fix for diablo 4 LFG game bar widget PC not working?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    fix for diablo 4 LFG game bar widget PC not working?: the Xbox game bar lfg widget on pc recognizes halo infinite, but does not show posts for diablo 4, which i purchased through steam. its detecting diablo 4 , but i cant click on anything or see any...
  5. Diablo 3 The Mad King's End achievement bugged.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 3 The Mad King's End achievement bugged.: i have Diablo 3 eternal collection and as normal player one of my early game achievements was killing Leoric and getting The Mad King's End achievement but then. after time passed i noticed...
  6. Diablo 4 crashes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 4 crashes: Diablo 4 will crash before it gets to the main menu. Every single time. This happened with previous games and you guys weren't any help and did not resolve the issue. This is now almost 300...
  7. Xbox Series X Diablo 2 Resurrected Crash

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Diablo 2 Resurrected Crash: Diablo 2 Resurrected crashes every 30 minutes to an hour, and even sometimes crashes my XBOX SERIES X completely and shuts it down. I notice the Xbox symbol light blinks when the game crashes. I...
  8. Why does Diablo IV keep crashing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Diablo IV keep crashing?: Hello. I've had LOTS of crashing issues with Diablo 4. I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 6 times now. Most recently this morning. I have followed the instructions and restarted my console....
  9. Diablo 3 characters missing after crash while joining invite.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 3 characters missing after crash while joining invite.: started diablo 3 -> created new hardcore witch docter named spazz -> main menu -> received invite to play from friend -> joined invite -> loading screen -> game crashes -> reload game -> ALL MY...
  10. XBOX 360 - Diablo 3 always crash at the same place!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 - Diablo 3 always crash at the same place!: Need help!! i bought diablo 3 on xbox 360 and im not able to pass to second act, freeze at the loading screen, but my disc is brand new! i already bring my copy back to eb games for a new one, and...