Device not powering on

Discus and support Device not powering on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I booked in my Xbox1 console for repairs and was collected by the courier guys and now, I'm unable to check the order status. The only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShinyGorilla394, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Device not powering on

Hi Guys,

I booked in my Xbox1 console for repairs and was collected by the courier guys and now, I'm unable to check the order status.

The only option I have is to request for another repair.

What needs to happen from here.

Please assist

Thank you in advance.

:)

ShinyGorilla394, Oct 9, 2017
  2. BassProCM
    BassProCM Guest
    Power On / Power Off IR Commands

This is a feature request for the Xbox One team.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Setup the Xbox One to send Power commands to TV, Receiver, and Cable Box (when powering on and powering off the console).
    2. Either Power On or Power Off the console.
    Expected Results:

The Xbox One sends a discrete Power On or Power Off (depending on whether powering on or powering off the console) IR command for each device.

This ensures that if the devices are powered off, the Xbox One will not turn the devices on while powering off (or vice versa).

Actual Results:

The Xbox One sends a single power toggle command for both powering on and powering off to each of the devices. This is sent even if the devices support discrete power on and power off commands.

This results in unexpected behavior. For instance, when a universal remote such a Logitech Harmony turns all devices off, and the Xbox One will send a toggle power command to each device, immediately turning the devices back on just after they were turned
    off. This occurs in an opposite manner when turning each device on and then the Xbox One (the xbox will send power toggle commands and turn all the devices off just after they were turned on).

BassProCM, Oct 9, 2017
  3. FritzDev
    FritzDev Guest
    Not powering on...

My advice, exchange your console now if there is still time. We had to 1/25. We have 2 XOs. One did this and the other did not. It did not power on from the very beginning, unplugging and plugging back in would always fix it. The problem got more frequent
    when I switch the "energy saver" mode. I exchanged the bad one and so far so good.

FritzDev, Oct 9, 2017
  4. Mister Cerb Win User

will not power on devices

Hey there Miles!

To avoid confusion I'm going to lock this thread and we'll keep discussion confined to your original thread

HERE
    . That way we don't have multiple threads of thought going. ^_^
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Device Power Options

Hey there IIV WARRIOR VII!

Sorry to hear you may be having similar issues! Since this is an older thread, stick the thread you have created receive support tailored to you! Thanks! :D
  6. ChellMyBell1983 Win User

Device Power Options

sometimes that feature can be a little touchy, log into your profile and go to Settings / TV & OneGuide / Troubleshooting / Reset TV settings, and complete the setup process again. It will prompt you to send codes to communicate to your TV and your Cable
    box for that feature. Here is a link to assist you:

support.xbox.com/.../live-tv
  7. IIV WARRIOR VII Win User

Device Power Options

I have this same problem and have created a post with no luck. Did you ever find a way to fix this problem of device power options changing to nothing?
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

My device powers on but nothing!

Hello Mohamed,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue with a blank screen. We recommend trying out the
    troubleshoot wizard for blank screen. Please be sure to try all of these
    and let us know. If still having issue not seeing anything you may want to think on getting the console repaired. You can set one up on the
    device support page.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Device not powering on

1. Device not powering on - Similar Threads - Device powering

2. Im desperate to know how to fix code 43 on device manager (display adapter)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im desperate to know how to fix code 43 on device manager (display adapter): [img] I uninstall reinstall ,update a lot from cmd and from settings, I looked at device manager so I unabled and reinabled, I cant roll back because this was my first one it might be directx or...
  3. fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

in XBoX on Windows
    fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): TRIED SCP TOOLKIT my controller is a copy of the original dualshock 3 controller. 523e77b9-9ef3-46f6-a19a-79d5fd97cea0
  4. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.: As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1 SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb I have tried to...
  5. Microsoft signing me out of all devices for no reason

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft signing me out of all devices for no reason: When I login to my account on the free 14 day trial of xbox gamepass I get a message that says "Signing you out of all devices" after entering information correctly...
  6. accessing xbox live from pc to other device

in XBoX on Windows
    accessing xbox live from pc to other device: i recently broke my laptop and i’m unable so access the screenshots and screen recordings i took using the xbox live feature on my pc so i was wondering if i could access them on any other device...
  7. My Xbox has gone from my devices

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox has gone from my devices: Hiya, I sent my sons Xbox off for repair- it’s 6 weeks old i might add!!! I had an email Update from Microsoft saying device is on way back with a link to my account. I logged on to my account to...
  8. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  9. TV says "Check Device Power" whenever i connect my Xbox Series X to my tv.

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV says "Check Device Power" whenever i connect my Xbox Series X to my tv.: Today I turned my xbox on. My xbox is indicating it is on and it is working. My controllers can even connect to it but my TV is saying "check device power" even though the xbox and its hdmi cables...
  10. My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even...: Xbox One X Samsung Neo Oled Smart TV Yes I have tried doing other hdmi cables and ports Could the problem be with the power supply of the Xbox? I have tried the connecting my switch to the TV...