Device not powering on

Discus and support Device not powering on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I booked in my Xbox1 console for repairs and was collected by the courier guys and now, I'm unable to check the order status. The only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShinyGorilla394, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Device not powering on

Hi Guys,

I booked in my Xbox1 console for repairs and was collected by the courier guys and now, I'm unable to check the order status.

The only option I have is to request for another repair.

What needs to happen from here.

Please assist

Thank you in advance.

:)

ShinyGorilla394, Oct 9, 2017
  2. BassProCM
    BassProCM Guest
    Power On / Power Off IR Commands

This is a feature request for the Xbox One team.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Setup the Xbox One to send Power commands to TV, Receiver, and Cable Box (when powering on and powering off the console).
    2. Either Power On or Power Off the console.
    Expected Results:

The Xbox One sends a discrete Power On or Power Off (depending on whether powering on or powering off the console) IR command for each device.

This ensures that if the devices are powered off, the Xbox One will not turn the devices on while powering off (or vice versa).

Actual Results:

The Xbox One sends a single power toggle command for both powering on and powering off to each of the devices. This is sent even if the devices support discrete power on and power off commands.

This results in unexpected behavior. For instance, when a universal remote such a Logitech Harmony turns all devices off, and the Xbox One will send a toggle power command to each device, immediately turning the devices back on just after they were turned
    off. This occurs in an opposite manner when turning each device on and then the Xbox One (the xbox will send power toggle commands and turn all the devices off just after they were turned on).

BassProCM, Oct 9, 2017
  3. FritzDev
    FritzDev Guest
    Not powering on...

My advice, exchange your console now if there is still time. We had to 1/25. We have 2 XOs. One did this and the other did not. It did not power on from the very beginning, unplugging and plugging back in would always fix it. The problem got more frequent
    when I switch the "energy saver" mode. I exchanged the bad one and so far so good.

FritzDev, Oct 9, 2017
  4. Mister Cerb Win User

will not power on devices

Hey there Miles!

To avoid confusion I'm going to lock this thread and we'll keep discussion confined to your original thread

HERE
    . That way we don't have multiple threads of thought going. ^_^
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Device Power Options

Hey there IIV WARRIOR VII!

Sorry to hear you may be having similar issues! Since this is an older thread, stick the thread you have created receive support tailored to you! Thanks! :D
  6. ChellMyBell1983 Win User

Device Power Options

sometimes that feature can be a little touchy, log into your profile and go to Settings / TV & OneGuide / Troubleshooting / Reset TV settings, and complete the setup process again. It will prompt you to send codes to communicate to your TV and your Cable
    box for that feature. Here is a link to assist you:

support.xbox.com/.../live-tv
  7. IIV WARRIOR VII Win User

Device Power Options

I have this same problem and have created a post with no luck. Did you ever find a way to fix this problem of device power options changing to nothing?
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

My device powers on but nothing!

Hello Mohamed,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue with a blank screen. We recommend trying out the
    troubleshoot wizard for blank screen. Please be sure to try all of these
    and let us know. If still having issue not seeing anything you may want to think on getting the console repaired. You can set one up on the
    device support page.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Device not powering on

1. Device not powering on - Similar Threads - Device powering

2. Samsung Q60A and Xbox Series X TV is showing "Check Device Power"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Samsung Q60A and Xbox Series X TV is showing "Check Device Power": Samsung Q60A and Xbox Series X TV is showing "Check Device Power" and the xbox light is lit up and looks like it's on, so I tried multiple HDMI ports and cables also and then even bought a new...
  3. About whether the Xbox series s device power cord can be unplugged.

in XBoX on Consoles
    About whether the Xbox series s device power cord can be unplugged.: Due to habit, I always cut off the power of all electrical appliances before going to bed. I'm curious now. Will Xbox series fail to power down after a complete shutdown because of its fast...
  4. : LG tv problems with Xbox one device power options

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : LG tv problems with Xbox one device power options: : LG tv problems with Xbox one device power options The device power options on my Xbox one will not work with my LG tv. My Xbox recognizes my tv too. I’ve also tried entering the model number...
  5. My device powers on but nothing!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My device powers on but nothing!: Where do i start!? well changed TV and all of a sudden it stopped working “no signal”! I fixed that then it doesnt wanna start up and gets me into the troubleshoot woth errors! Tried all restore...
  6. XBox 1 X wont power, It's in warranty, Device Returns site just says contact support. Tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 1 X wont power, It's in warranty, Device Returns site just says contact support. Tried...: How to I get my Xbox one X Fixed, It has the now power Fault (have tried the cables for my other Xbox one X so its definitely dead). However I go to the Device returns as its only 8 month old and...
  7. Power Down USB devices on Full Shutdown?

in XboX Insiders
    Power Down USB devices on Full Shutdown?: Hi all. Just wondering if there is a possible feature/setting to power down USB devices during a full shut down or even during sleep mode? I just recently got a Astro A40 and Mix Amp Pro....
  8. Device Power Options all devices set to Nothing, can't change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Device Power Options all devices set to Nothing, can't change: This is a recent change within the last two days. Before then I could say "Xbox On" and have my tv and audio receiver turn on. Worked flawlessly from day one (Same for "watch channel, mute, Xbox...
  9. Xbox One > Power & Startup > TV & A/V power options >Device power options...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One > Power & Startup > TV & A/V power options >Device power options...: Had this randomly go out after months of it automatically shutting off my tv. Last week I updated my console and it restored the ability to power on/off the tv with the xbox. This morning, my xbox...
  10. Cable box missing from device power options

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cable box missing from device power options: I first set up my x1 and everything worked fine including turn cable box on/off. Then suddenly the tv signal lost sound and lagged. Cable box signal was fine directly plugged to tv so I did a...