Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...

Discus and support Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My network speed and statistics are rapidly changing, I can’t get consistent results. I test it several times in a row and it never stays the same. One... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zack Sparks, Jan 23, 2024.

1. Zack Sparks
    Zack Sparks Guest

Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...

My network speed and statistics are rapidly changing, I can’t get consistent results. I test it several times in a row and it never stays the same. One minute it’s great, the next minute it’s horrible. However I want to state it does this on wired and wireless connection, but when I go to the spectrum app and run speed tests on my internet they’re perfect every times. So here is an example of what’s happening.

Here’s the results of Test A:

220 DL speed

10 UL speed

0% packet loss

42 ping

100% connection

Here are the results of Test B:

220 DL speed

10 UL speed

80-100% packet loss

100+ ping

100% connection

I keep doing this back to back and the results keep changing like described above and it keeps going to almost the same result (give or take a little)

What caused me to look into this and try to fix it is the fact I can’t play online gaming without lagging horribly. I’ve made it to where my Series S was the only thing on my Wi-Fi Network too. This happens whether the Xbox is 1 foot away or 50 ft away and through walls and different floors lol.

I’ve tried everything. Resetting my Xbox to factory settings, like everything I could think of. PLEASE HELP lol.

:)

Zack Sparks, Jan 23, 2024
  2. StevenBM Win User

Xbox One Connection

Go to Settings-Network-Network Settings-Detailed Network Statistics and verify that the connection is good there as far as speed. If this isn't good then restart modem, router, and console. Was everything working fine before? If, so did something change
    that caused the slower connection?
  3. coco meat train Win User

Detailed Network Statistics

4. AlexOlver Win User

That is a big disparity between the two. Most of the times, its within the levels of tolerance, knowing that you're testing against different services, but this seems like there is a different issue than just regular networking variation.

Can you describe your basic setup? You say it's wired, which is good for better performance, but what is it hooked to, do you have a router and modem, or all in one? What make/model of equipment do you have? What sort of connection do you have to your ISP?
    ect.

I'd also do a reboot of your router and Xbox at the same time, fully powering down and unplugging the Xbox, and not booting it back up until the router is fully back up and re-established connection to your ISP.

The steps here are also a good place to start troubleshooting issues like this.

Let us know and we'll see what the next best steps might be if the reboots or troubleshooting steps don't help!
    Well the speed issue has resolved now after doing a console reset and uninstalling everything etc.

So my setup is the following.

ADSL2+ - ISP

WIRED CONNECTION - Xbox

ASUS DSL-AC68U - Modem Router
  5. AlexOlver Win User

6. skylaar Win User

: Detailed Network Statistics

I do not think it is worth it to put the Xbox as DMZ. This would impact NAT but you are Open so there are no issues there. I think I would try to game on it and see if you are noticing lag related to the packet loss. Another person noted the Xbox test
    may be based on servers in the US and with you being in Australia there would probably be packet loss.

To me, it looks like the main solution was a console reset. When you turn it off normally it is like a sleep mode on a computer. Doing the reset reboots the Xbox similar to restarting your computer. I recommend doing this every so often just like you
    would a computer to keep it running at peak performance. I reset mine weekly.
Thema:

1. Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any... - Similar Threads - Detailed Network Statistics

2. If I remove my card details off my xbox will money still go out of my card for my subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I remove my card details off my xbox will money still go out of my card for my subscription: If I remove my card details off my xbox will money still go out of my card for my subscription 104bbd9b-ec95-4a9f-9827-ce0f7b743444
  3. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  4. I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.: Hello, I can't open anything on my xbox if I click a it notices it but it does nothing, I’ve tried to press down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, reconnected power source waited 10...
  5. Xbox Tv detail settings triggers false features ?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Tv detail settings triggers false features ?: Hi everyone i want to know why xbox sometimes trigger false Hz or resolution in TV detail settings like im having lg tv 4k60hz but when i entre tv detail it says my tv support 120hz even that im...
  6. When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...: When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it wont let me change my country/ reigon 41f36125-770c-4d8a-81b7-2071d0f26123
  7. Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????: Why am I in trouble what did I do?? What rule did I brake??? I have people calling me a [mod removed] and nothing happens to them????? Why ef643ba3-0a1f-4b28-aade-4f624fbd8aa1
  8. HOW TO ADD DEBIT CARD DETAILES TO XBOX ACCOUNT?

in XBoX on Windows
    HOW TO ADD DEBIT CARD DETAILES TO XBOX ACCOUNT?: HI MICROSOFT MANAGEMENT. MY SELF RAKESH AND MY QUERY IS AM UNABLE TO ADD MY DEBIT CARD (VISA) DETAILES AND AM UNABLE TO REDEEM MY GAME PASS PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL . THANK YOU....
  9. Issues with invites. More details body of the question.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Issues with invites. More details body of the question.: I am wits end with this guy who keeps sending me join requests. It does not matter if I am online or not, If I am on the game he sends invite for or not. I receive 10 to 20 invites if i am not...
  10. How do I change my details? Login, email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my details? Login, email.: I’ve been hacked and received an email stating they’ve got all my personal details. They taken all my in game purchases such as skins, they taken a payment from my bank account. I need to change...