Destiny 2 will launch on Steam but not Windows Xbox application

Discus and support Destiny 2 will launch on Steam but not Windows Xbox application in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Today, I wiped my computer clean with a fresh install of Windows 11. Now, I cannot get Destiny 2 to launch using the Xbox app on a PC with Windows 11.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chaos_VX, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Chaos_VX
    Chaos_VX Guest

Today, I wiped my computer clean with a fresh install of Windows 11. Now, I cannot get Destiny 2 to launch using the Xbox app on a PC with Windows 11. The Destiny 2 splash screen comes up, but I get the following error message: Failed to launch game. This error comes through the Battleye application which initially lead me to believe it was an error with Battleye. However, I can launch Destiny 2 with no issues from Steam. I've done multiple "repairs" through the Xbox app and tried to run the program was an Administrator with no change in results. I've also checked and there's no issues with the Windows firewall preventing Destiny 2 from launching. I've also downloaded the other Destiny purchases I've made using this Xbox account.

This bothers me because I bought the Witch Queen and 30th Anniversary game packages through the Xbox app on Windows. It's not great that Destiny 2 will launch on Steam but not on the Xbox app.

Any ideas?

:)

Chaos_VX, Jun 30, 2022
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: