Destiny 2, lightfall expansion DLC won't install

Discus and support Destiny 2, lightfall expansion DLC won't install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I bought the lightfall DLC for Destiny 2 today, I have plenty of memory on my xbox amd good Internet speed, the purchase shows as completed on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by David Barrett2, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Destiny 2, lightfall expansion DLC won't install

Hello, I bought the lightfall DLC for Destiny 2 today, I have plenty of memory on my xbox amd good Internet speed, the purchase shows as completed on the xbox site. I have tried multiple times to install this DLC each time it does everything it needs but simply just doesn't install the DLC. It says I own the DLC but each time I hit install and it apparently does it but when I come out it still says its not installed, I'm inproggress of uninstalling the whole game and other DLC and reinstalling it all, does anyone else have any other ideas of how to get the DLC to install.

:)

David Barrett2, Oct 24, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi again, David, I'm sorry to hear that the problem persists. Try clearing your Xbox cache and then try downloading and installing the DLC again. If this doesn't work, you may need to contact Xbox support. To clear cache, follow these steps:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings and select System Settings.
    2. Select Storage.
    3. Highlight but do not select a storage device, and then press the Y button on your controller to view Device Options.

Note: It doesn't matter which storage device you choose. This clears the cache for all storage devices.

4. On the Device Options screen, select Clear system cache.
    5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

When you have successfully cleared the system cache, you will return to the Storage Devices screen. You can press the Guide button on your controller and return to the Xbox Home screen.

After completing these steps, try installing the DLC again if this does not solve your problem, here is the link for you to contact support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. David Barrett2 Win User

Hi Daniel, as per my post I cannot get the DLC to install I'm also higher light level than needed to access lightfall.
  4. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi David B! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

It is an honor to talk to you and try to help you in any way necessary, I will do everything possible to help you.

Please note that some DLC or add-ons require a certain level. According to the article below, it says: “You may have to progress to a certain point in the game to access add-ons. For example, Destiny 2: Forsaken uses game levels to control the use of certain expansion packs.

Additional information: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/my-games-apps/view-downloadable-content

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  5. David Barrett2 Win User

Destiny 2 lightfall won't install

Hi David Destiny 2 is the game lightfall is a expansion which I bought I've plenty of space and great Internet speed, I've tried to install it many times each time it just doesn't install
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Destiny 2 - Light Fall

All the expansions that are available for Destiny 2 on PC are also available for Xbox, and will include Lightfall at launch too.
Thema:

1. Destiny 2, lightfall expansion DLC won't install - Similar Threads - Destiny lightfall expansion

2. I bought/pre-ordered The Final Shape for Destiny 2 and it got cancelled, and im wondering...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought/pre-ordered The Final Shape for Destiny 2 and it got cancelled, and im wondering...: I bought/pre-ordered The Final Shape for Destiny 2 and it got cancelled, and im wondering why it got cancelled 6b711641-1129-46fd-8595-cffd27ba621d
  3. Anyone had any issues with Destiny 2 recently?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone had any issues with Destiny 2 recently?: Destiny 2 crashes my Xbox Series X randomly but only Destiny 2 ive tried uninstalling and moving its location. submitted by /u/Who1sTravis [link] [comments]
  4. Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off

in XboX Insiders
    Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off: Destiny 2 keeps crashing on my xbox and sometimes outright shuts it down. There's no consistency as to when the game crashes and its just destiny 2, every other game runs perfectly and I have no...
  5. Destiny 2 Gifted Code (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Gifted Code (PC): My friend gifted me a code for the Destiny 2: Triumphant Silver Bundle. I received an xbox message telling me to redeem the code. It took me to the microsoft store page to redeem. I redeemed...
  6. Disconnected when playing Destiny with specific players

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnected when playing Destiny with specific players: Hi, so for the past couple of days I have been having connection issues with a specific friend. I am not quite sure what triggered this problem and have not come close to solving it. I play with a...
  7. Destiny 2 Lightfall code redeemed but nothing happens

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Lightfall code redeemed but nothing happens: A friend gifted me with a code to redeem Lightfall for Destiny 2, but he didn't realize I was playing through Steam on a PC and not directly through XBox. I am aware you guys have completely...
  8. Destiny 2 lightfall won't install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 lightfall won't install: I bought destiny 2 lightfall today, which was all fine and dandy they took the money but gave me DLC that doesn't want to install on my xbox no matter how many times I try it anyone else had this...
  9. I had purchased the Destiny 2 Lightfall Pre-Order and now it doesnt show up in the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had purchased the Destiny 2 Lightfall Pre-Order and now it doesnt show up in the game.: I had purchased it, and I even checked in billing earlier today, where it said completed. Now, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and when I uninstalled, it says that it got declined. I refuse...
  10. Why am i not getting my Destiny 2 lightfall DLC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i not getting my Destiny 2 lightfall DLC?: I recently got a code for the Destiny 2 lightfall DLC and I redeemed it on the pc platform of xbox and i have not gotten the the DLC after spending a lot of money on it, and still not getting what...