Despite never changing it before, It's telling me to Pay to Change my Gamertag.

Discus and support Despite never changing it before, It's telling me to Pay to Change my Gamertag. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I set up an Xbox Live Account recently, and I wanted to change my Gamertag from the Default one, but after Trying to change it, It came up with an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Bloo Kirby, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Despite never changing it before, It's telling me to Pay to Change my Gamertag.

So, I set up an Xbox Live Account recently, and I wanted to change my Gamertag from the Default one, but after Trying to change it, It came up with an Error. I thought to myself, I'll just play a couple games of halo, and then change it later. When I came
    back to change it, It was telling me to pay, despite it saying my First Gamertag Change would be free of charge. I don't want to pay 7 quid to not be NoseyAcrobat64.

:)

The Bloo Kirby, Oct 9, 2017
  2. Gamertags and payment

I was under the impression that it is free to change your gamertag once, yet it is telling me that I have to pay $10. I've never changed my gamertag before. Is it just an oh-so-wonderful flat fee now, regardless of it being the first change?

HumanoidSharks, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Gamertag not Changing.

Just recently I decided to change my gamertag from '' to 'Sir Walrus V'. I have never changed my gamertag on this account before, so it said I could change it once for free, however after I entered the security code it asked for I saw my gamertag
    had not changed, so i went back to change it again but it asked for me to pay this time.

The new gamertag was available, I clicked claim it and found the code in the email it sent. This really annoys me seeing as I was promised a free change and I do not want to pay to change my name.

Why is it not changing? how do I fix that?

amHaloSpartan, Oct 9, 2017
  4. Despite never changing it before, It's telling me to Pay to Change my Gamertag.

the problem resolved itself, can someone lock this

The Bloo Kirby, Oct 9, 2017
  5. The Bloo Kirby Win User

the problem resolved itself, can someone lock this
  6. SaltyFawn308336 Win User

Redownloaded Profile - Gamertag changed itself!

They told me to post on this thread so the Enforcement Team can help. There has never been an issue with that Gamertag before. I've held it since 2011 on Xbox and many other platforms. Only today the Gamertag was changed automatically. If it violated terms
    of use and had to change my Gamertag then I surely have the option of choosing one for myself, not get given a generic one and be made to pay the charge of changing a Gamertag
  7. iwii_gamessun Win User

I was hacked and my gamer tag was changed

Okay so you're telling me that even though I was hacked and they changed my gamer tag. I still have to pay to change it back?????? Because they used the free gamertag change.
  8. SillyFawn444811 Win User

Gamertag change problem

Xbox told me I've found a glitch then tell me to download my account again I do that them they've changed my gamertag for the second time now and they want me to pay to change it again what the actual *** is this?
  9. The of gentil Win User

Change gamertag

But if i want change my gamertag i must pay and it isn't me change the gamertag
Thema:

1. Despite never changing it before, It's telling me to Pay to Change my Gamertag. - Similar Threads - Despite never changing

2. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  3. Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.: My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it is still not working or even factory...
  4. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  5. Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered.: Until recently, I was able to plug my controller into my console with a USB cable, then plug speakers into the controller, and the controller would stay on indefinitely. Now it turns off after 15...
  6. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  7. i never got a pc game pass free trial despite never using it, it just never showed up for...

in XBoX on Windows
    i never got a pc game pass free trial despite never using it, it just never showed up for...: i wanted to use it to play a game but i opened the microsoft story and saw no free trial and was confused because i have never had or used game pass or any free trial before and i thought i was...
  8. Latency Variation's and high ping despite seemingly good internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latency Variation's and high ping despite seemingly good internet: Hello, I recently have encountered issue where I have very high latency variation across all games. It happened seemingly overnight and have tried all sorts of things to resolve the issue. I tried...
  9. Can I find my old Xbox account despite a deleted Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I find my old Xbox account despite a deleted Microsoft account?: After a Microsoft account has been long deleted (talking years ago), is it still possible to find existing information on my old Xbox account which I had used with it? Does any presence of that...
  10. Wrong version of minecraft purchased despite picking the correct one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong version of minecraft purchased despite picking the correct one: I wanted the normal version of Minecraft Java and bedrock edition for PC but when I purchased it said it costed more than was listed. When I checked my billing history it showed I bought the...