Desktop goes to power save using Xbox one

Discus and support Desktop goes to power save using Xbox one in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello. I have a dell desktop I use for gaming. I use Xbox one. It's works fine but sometime last week I let my nephews play. Don't know what happened... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by will Cervantes, Feb 6, 2024.

1. Desktop goes to power save using Xbox one

Hello. I have a dell desktop I use for gaming. I use Xbox one. It's works fine but sometime last week I let my nephews play. Don't know what happened but not my desktop goes into power save mode. Every time I connect my HDMI to my xbox my desktop say entering power save. Don't know what to do. I connect my daughter xbox to my desktop and her works just fine. Any ideas of how to fix it. Thank you in advance

:)

will Cervantes, Feb 6, 2024
  2. Mister Maka Win User

Console turning on Issues

Hey there Mottram95.

Sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with your Xbox One! To start out, do you have your Xbox One set to Instant On or Power Save? If you have Instant On enabled, trying switching to Power Save to see if there's any change.

For steps to change your power preference check out this steps on how to change Power Settings. Keep us looped in with how it goes or if you have any other Xbox support
    questions.
  3. A Virtual Duck Win User

Leaving Xbox One turned on

Goes off and then out the wall when not in use. Saves loads of power.
  4. RonV42 Win User

External Hard Drive Doesn't Spin Down with Xbox One in Standby

Yes the drive powers down if I fully power down the Xbox. The external hard should follow the same rules as a PC as I tested today. If my surface, laptop, or desktop goes to "sleep" then the external hard drive spins down. Also I have power management
    set to spin down the drives after 15 minutes of no use which also works across all my Window 8 computers (surface, laptop, and multiple desktops).

The Xbox is based on Windows Kernel and should follow the same power management capabilities. I did find that Seagate has a dashboard application that you can manually override the PC settings and save in the drive's controller. I have set the spin down
    to 30 minutes which seem to have resolved the issue for me. But I still think this is a bug in Xbox since not all external drives have such a configurable option.
  5. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Transferring BBC Radio 4 Zone Podcasts onto Xbox Music?

Hi there. So to import into Xbox Music, you need to save the podcast you want to transfer as a playlist in Zune, and save that playlist to your desktop. Then in Xbox Music, go to import playlist, and select the saved playlist on the desktop to import. That
    should do it for you, but if not let us know. Cheers!
  6. ngocphi Win User

Asus Zenbook Duo UX482EA - Flight Sim

Unfortunately one more peice of advice it's only closely goes with baseline of the 750

I'm not sure about 770

And in addition you typically need more power on a laptop to run a desktop game as laptops aren't the same performance just a thought

To be honest it's hard to tell becauae you are using a mobile gpu
Thema:

Desktop goes to power save using Xbox one

1. Desktop goes to power save using Xbox one - Similar Threads - Desktop goes power

2. Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...: Just wondering how to capture in a different resolution than the Desktop/Default/Game is set at? For example, if your Desktop is set to 1920x1080, and the Game itself starts and runs at...
  3. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  4. Screen Flickering to Desktop while playing Xbox App Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen Flickering to Desktop while playing Xbox App Games: There's a weird graphical issue I'm having when playing games through the Xbox app on Windows 11. When clicking or pressing any buttons in the game, the screen briefly flickers and shows the...
  5. Wordament not working on my desktop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wordament not working on my desktop: Within the last two days I have attempted to open Wordament (in Microsoft Ultimate Word Games) on my Surface Pro running Windows 10. The game opens, and then immediately closes. I gave this some...
  6. Fsx se Api.dll crash to desktop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fsx se Api.dll crash to desktop.: Hi Hoping someone can help me out. I have the steam addition of flightsim FSX. Running it on windows 10 but sometimes when I start flightsim it crashes to desktop and in event viewer I get the...
  7. How do i disable create new desktop? or just the entire desktop thing in general

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i disable create new desktop? or just the entire desktop thing in general: Every single time i use ctrl in a video game i fatfinger windows and open a new virtual desktop. please help me find a way to disable this horrible feature. bd5498ed-7b61-4a96-9a0e-b5f76a1d7b8c
  8. Why can't you make captures on the xbox series X and use as desktop background on the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't you make captures on the xbox series X and use as desktop background on the...: A couple question: 1: Can't set as desktop background when your offline. 2: Captures only available to set as desktop background, when you capture something onto internal harddrive only and must...
  9. Any option to enable Xbox Game Bar to only stay on desktop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any option to enable Xbox Game Bar to only stay on desktop.: Hi, When I'm not gaming, I would like xbox game bar to stay on desktop when I'm browsing web or other application, is this feature possible? Thank you. 90a32540-4e20-48a3-bdf7-cabe3fd93a2a
  10. flight sim stops loading and goes back to desktop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    flight sim stops loading and goes back to desktop.: Flight simulator starts to load after several minutes at the same place every time it goes back to the desktop as if I never started it. Tried everything I know to do. Same results if I run it...