[Delta] Xbox Series X doesn't obey RGB settings when displaying HDR.

Discus and support [Delta] Xbox Series X doesn't obey RGB settings when displaying HDR. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Like the title says, I set my XSX to RGB full, and when going into HDR it auto changes to RGB limited. This can be a bit of a problem for displays that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MetsukiR, Oct 1, 2022.

1. /u/MetsukiR
    /u/MetsukiR Guest

Like the title says, I set my XSX to RGB full, and when going into HDR it auto changes to RGB limited. This can be a bit of a problem for displays that do not auto change it's own RGB setting to match the console. Or worse, it can be like my monitor, where I can not set it to limited at all.

The PC with an RTX 2070 Super and the PS5 do not exhibit this behavior. This happens both at 60hz and 120hz.

This causes elevated black levels and desaturated colours.

I'll be happy to add more info if needed. I've also reported this through my Xbox a couple of times to no avail.

This happens in the stable firmware and the current Delta firmware.

Grateful for your comprehension.

submitted by /u/MetsukiR
    [link] [comments]

/u/MetsukiR, Oct 1, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Dimming while watching Netflix. Just started yesterday. Any fix for it?

Check your TV settings: If you are using a TV to watch content on your Xbox Series X, check your TV settings to make sure that any power-saving modes are turned off. Also, make sure that the HDMI input you are using to connect your Xbox is set to a mode that allows for HDR and 4K content, if applicable.

Reset the display settings: You can try resetting the display settings on your Xbox Series X console. To do this, go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow 4K > Allow HDR. Make sure that both of these options are turned on. Then, go to Advanced video settings > Video fidelity & overscan > Display > Calibrate HDR for games. Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your display.
  3. Richard waddington Win User

How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has been ticked

Hi I have a Xbox series x with a Dolby vision compatible tv also will the allow Dolby vision playback selected in settings on and it still only displays in HDR only when playing 4k blu rays ? I have set it 4k 60hz and the games display in Dolby vision plus streaming apps but not 4k disc playback! Is this correct that the xbox series can’t do this ?
  4. SILKYJJ Win User

How to make the graphics better

The RGB settings are in the settings for Xbox One not in game. Go to Settings>Display & Sound > Then change the Limited RGB setting to Full RGB setting.
  5. SteveVrettos Win User

Atmos Delay fix (worked for me, at least) and audio detection issues

Sure Geri, thanks for the reply. As an update, I ran further tests with Xbox support via phone this morning. Long post, but....

Results as follows:

Connection path - Series X > HDMI 2.1 cable > Samsung QN85B HDMI port 4 > QN85B eARC port (2.0b spec) >HDMI 2.1 cable > HW-Q700A eARC port (2.0b marketed as 2.1 48gbps port)

Enabling game mode results in Xbox detecting capability for DD 5.1 (COMPRESSED), Stereo Uncompressed and Atmos. Enabling/disabling game surround sound option in TV game mode settings causes no detection change. Disabling game mode entirely allows detection of 5.1 uncompressed audio capability by Xbox. No lag, no drop out. Crisp and clear audio. However this also disables Auto HDR recognition by TV, even if 4:2:2 check box is enabled in video settings. Games with built in HDR do initiate QMS in TV for HDR mode. As previously noted, in 1 of 20 attempts at cycling CEC on Series X I did get a positive pull for 7.1 uncompressed, but it disabled as soon as I opened a streaming video app.

When switching display mode from auto detect to HDMI in Xbox video settings, Xbox loses positive detection for 4K 60/120, HDR and VRR (I'm aware this is a known issue) however I gain positive detection on additional audio formats the HW-Q700A is capable of. (Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital 5.1,

5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed and DTS/DTS:X)

Connection Path: Series X > HDMI 2.1 cable > HW-Q700A > HDMI 2.1 cable > QN85B eARC port (HDMI 2.0B) maintained all correct audio detection, lost 120hz green light but oddly VRR remained active. Inadequate time to test actual framerate output in practice.

Xbox series X currently removed from outsider program builds for testing. Video settings enabled : 4k, HDR 10, Auto HDR, 50hz and 24 hz. Display mode auto detect, 10 bit color with profile set as PC RGB. Switching to any combination of 8bit, 10bit, 12bit, standard and/PC RGB makes no difference in settings detection, but set as is produces marked changes when setting TV color profile to bt.2020.

Maybe a whole bunch of nonsense, maybe something I'm missing. I don't know.
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

Apex legends

Thema:

1. [Delta] Xbox Series X doesn't obey RGB settings when displaying HDR. - Similar Threads - Delta Series doesn't

2. June 13, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240612-1410)

in XboX Insiders
    June 13, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240612-1410): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 13, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240612-1410) Feel free...
  3. June 7, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240606-1530)

in XboX Insiders
    June 7, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240606-1530): submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  4. June 6, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240604-2000)

in XboX Insiders
    June 6, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240604-2000): submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  5. June 4, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240530-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    June 4, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240530-2200): submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  6. May 31, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240528-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    May 31, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240528-2200): submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  7. May 29, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240527-2000)

in XboX Insiders
    May 29, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240527-2000): submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  8. What the bloody heck, Delta Ring, ads on startup?! Not a good look.

in XboX Insiders
    What the bloody heck, Delta Ring, ads on startup?! Not a good look.: Is this really a feature they are thinking about adding permanently? I can't tell you not only how aggravating I found that. To the point that I almost turned off and choose to do something else...
  9. May 23, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240520-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    May 23, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Delta (2406.240520-2200): submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  10. Series X keeps turning off. Preview delta

in XboX Insiders
    Series X keeps turning off. Preview delta: I’ve been playing a bunch the past week with Diablo 4 releasing, all of a sudden today while playing my console keeps shutting off. Sometimes after 10 minutes, others after 30.. but it keeps...