Deleting captures

Discus and support Deleting captures in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!... df7d048c-5163-4092-bf9b-2711cd084e3a Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by �️‍♂️Nick� Nugz���☮™, Jun 22, 2024 at 6:25 PM.

1. Deleting captures

You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!...

:)

�️‍♂️Nick� Nugz���☮™, Jun 22, 2024 at 6:25 PM
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Captures and Delete.

Hi, I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

There are multiple reports regarding this so this can be a temporary issue on the server. There are no official announcements yet from Microsoft but you can also try some steps that can help us that might help:

You can try changing your DNS. Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings > manual

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

then check again.

You can also submit a report or check the server status from time to time through the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
  3. OpticRJames Win User

Captures will not delete

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Kindly check if there is a pending system update for the console.

Make sure your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select System > Settings.

Select System > Updates & downloads.

Under "Updates", you'll see: Console update available. Select this button to begin your update,

Solution 3: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.

If the same issue persists, other players are experiencing the same issue right now. Although there is no official announcement yet about the issue. Let's wait until it gets fixed, you can also provide feedback about it using the Report a Problem app which you can download by doing the steps below.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Store.

Select Search, and then enter Xbox Report a Problem in the search box.

Choose the app from the search results, and then select Download.

Follow the instructions in the section “Report a new problem” to submit your problem report.
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox captures are completely broken?

On your console Home Guide menu select Capture & share > Recent captures >Show all >Manage captures

That will show you your captures you have uploaded to the Xbox network. You can change this to captures on this console to show those captures.

If you change the look on screen to small icons (press 4 squares) you will have other options as well as a delete choice.

Looking at this screen outlay, on console captures will inform you if they have been uploaded to the Xbox network or not.

Captures on the console that have been uploaded to the xbox network can be deleted from the console if you want. Be aware that there is a finite available space on the console for captures that fills up very quickly if you make a lot of clips and/or screenshots.

Uploaded Captures on the xbox network can also be deleted.

I use the sort option and delete captures regularly from both my console and Xbox network to keep my captures manageable.
  5. LLG1010 Win User

My captures won't even load up so I can see them for myself on my xbox what do I do?

OK so I went in and tried to delete a capture that was 0:00 long on an external hard drive and now I got the circle again and the capture would not delete
  6. RomkaZzz Win User

Why Can't I Delete Captures While Using Xbox.com?

Hi! You can't delete, because all captures stored on your internal hard drive. Trough the app you can delete just captures posted on Live.
Thema:

Deleting captures

1. Deleting captures - Similar Threads - Deleting captures

2. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  3. Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?: I just brought a new series x, and have been taking captures the last 5 days. Ive capture over 300 videos and screenshots but I only see 77. I have looked everywhere. why are my videos after 24...
  4. I deleted the videos from the Capture Folder directly and now the gallery is bugged. Need...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I deleted the videos from the Capture Folder directly and now the gallery is bugged. Need...: I can't upload a screenshot but basically I deleted the videos from the Captures folder but it is still there in the gallery, I cannot delete it or view it , it is just there. Also, the new videos...
  5. Why were all my Xbox one captured deleted when I switched to a series x

in XBoX on Windows
    Why were all my Xbox one captured deleted when I switched to a series x: Okay so this was a long time ago(Christmas 2020) but i had gotten the Xbox series x and when I went to switch over to it all was fine until I went onto my Xbox one and ALL of my clips and captures...
  6. With the new Xbox policy of deleting captures after 90 days, will it only be deleted from...

in XBoX on Windows
    With the new Xbox policy of deleting captures after 90 days, will it only be deleted from...: I really don't want to lose my nearly 2 years of captures, but I don't want to spend hundreds on one of the expansion cards e17da5bd-f60f-45b7-99c3-74ba69efbade
  7. captures folder is deleted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    captures folder is deleted: I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance with a pressing issue I am currently facing on my Windows 11 Home system. Recently, I encountered an unfortunate mishap...
  8. Xbox Network deleting captures every 90 Days.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Network deleting captures every 90 Days.: I believe this to be the most significant and destructive change on Xbox to date. No thought or compromise has been given by Xbox on the matter - just one brutal, Thanos-like, finalised decision...
  9. How will clubs function after the 90 days capture deletion

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How will clubs function after the 90 days capture deletion: Hi. Having just read the new article from Xbox About deleting captures after 90 days, I would like to know how this will affect clubs as lots of shots posted there are well over 90 days old....
  10. Xbox should never delete your captures without your consent or at least a warning!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox should never delete your captures without your consent or at least a warning!: Since this is still an issue after so many complaints and no one from Microsoft cares to admit it's an issue or do anything about it, it's time to talk about it again. I have had more than two...