Deleted Xbox chat keeps coming back and breaking the messaging functionality

Discus and support Deleted Xbox chat keeps coming back and breaking the messaging functionality in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; On July 4th I sent a message to an American friend wishing her a happy Independence Day. She replied back with a message saying thanks. Since then, we... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by SigmaTheDJ, Jul 8, 2023.

1. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

On July 4th I sent a message to an American friend wishing her a happy Independence Day. She replied back with a message saying thanks. Since then, we have sent multiple messages back and forth in the same chat thread, with no problems, until I decided to delete the thread a couple of days ago.

When I deleted it on the console, the thread instantly came back, but just the message I sent her on July 4th and her reply saying thanks - all of the messages sent after that did not reappear. Every time I tried to delete the thread, it would just instantly reappear with the same 2 messages.

On Android, choosing the option to delete the messages does nothing. I click "yes" to confirm I want to delete it, but it doesn't delete. Likewise on PC, I cannot delete the messages as literally nothing happens.

The only way I have found to delete the chat - temporarily - is to send her a new message via the console, then instantly choose to delete the thread, then it deletes, however, at some point in the next 1-2 hours it will just randomly return.

What's worse is, if a different person sends me a message on Xbox and I hold down the Xbox button to action the notification and read the message, it opens the supposedly deleted 4th of July messages from my friend, and when I go into the message list, no other message is there!

Also, since this started happening, if the friend in question messages me, I do not get any notifications either on mobile nor PC.

I know the answers will be "remove and re-add your profile" and "factory reset keeping your games apps", or whatever, but I am so done with Xbox. I own over 500 games for my Series X, but I will not be buying an Xbox product again. I'm STILL reporting bugs with basic features 10 years after the Xbox One came out, and STILL complaining about the face buttons on Elite Series 2 controllers only working intermittently after purchasing 8 of them in the space of 4 years (and returning 7 of them, with the 8th soon to follow). I would ask if MS have stopped caring about quality, but I already know the answer.

:)

SigmaTheDJ, Jul 8, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! Sorry to hear about what happened. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. Believe me, I would feel the same way if I were on your situation.

Unfortunately, based on your issue description, it’s clearly a cloud issue from Microsoft/Xbox. As much as we would love to help you here in the community, we can only do so much about that.

Your best option here would be to file a bug directly from their Report a problem app on Xbox console so the Team Xbox will be able to investigate the issue properly. Check your guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

If you need further assistance, I recommend that you contact Xbox Support Team instead via https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Best regards,
  3. Damnlag Win User

Deleted All Messages from App, but Xbox One still Shows all Old messages

Hey

Deleting messages on the xbox app wont delete the same message on console and vice versa
    Well that sounds more like a issue with the app/console.

Why is it that my console keeps showing the same messages, loading the entire time its open? When I delete them on the xbox, go into another by mistake and come back, all the ones I just deleted are back. Its like this everytime.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Deleted game keeps coming back

Hello AarronR94,

Thank you for your response and truly apologize for some delay with my responses here in my end.

To help our engineers start running an investigation to what is causing the issue, we require to provide your feedback through the Xbox Report a Problem app by installing the application in your Xbox console from Microsoft store. For the complete steps on how to do it, follow the steps provided in this link: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

We thank you for letting us know your concern and the solution may not be provided overnight, but know that our goal to provide the best experience will remain.

Sincerely,

5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello AarronR94,

Thank you for getting back with the thread and truly apologized for some delay with my response.

We will reset your console from factory defaults and keeps your games and apps. Here are the steps:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.
    • On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options: Select Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your first choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games and apps.
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. AarronR94 Win User

I already have but none of the options apply, ive also tried talkingto someone online but that doesnt even work. Still havent got my storage back either and its been two weeks now. Id really like some help on this situation.
Thema:

1. Deleted Xbox chat keeps coming back and breaking the messaging functionality - Similar Threads - Deleted chat keeps

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  4. Deleting captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting captures: You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!... df7d048c-5163-4092-bf9b-2711cd084e3a
  5. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  6. If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices: ( If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices ) Hi my brother have my account now and I wanted to delete some personal stuff. But he plays like 24/7 games. I just...
  7. Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?: If me and my friend texted through Xbox and I deleted the chat but they still have it can I recover it? 28272ae1-fd49-4801-98ec-ef0bb6ae4745
  8. Is there any way to recover deleted chats from the Xbox app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to recover deleted chats from the Xbox app?: I've been searching for any way possible to see if there's a way to recover deleted chats from the Xbox app and no luck. I bet there's probably third parties I can use, but I'd rather not risk...
  9. I accidentally deleted a 5 year old Xbox chat with my friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I accidentally deleted a 5 year old Xbox chat with my friend: I opened the new message to read it, I for some reason pressed multiple buttons and the chat opened saying it’s empty I thought it glitched so opened the friends profile to message and the chat...
  10. My son recently got suspended for a reported chat message but he deleted all of his Xbox...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My son recently got suspended for a reported chat message but he deleted all of his Xbox...: Is there anyway I can retrieve all of my son’s deleted Xbox chat messages/conversations? My son was recently suspended for calling someone something vulgar and then deleted all of his chat...