Deleted security backup email cant login

Discus and support Deleted security backup email cant login in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last christmas I set up my cousins Xbox One I set the backup email as one of mine (since deleted). The debit card associated with the account used for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thalid0mide Kid, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Deleted security backup email cant login

Last christmas I set up my cousins Xbox One I set the backup email as one of mine (since deleted). The debit card associated with the account used for account recovery has since expired & i don't have the last digits from the pre paid gold membership that
    has since expired. Therefore I cannot recover the account.

Any help would be most helpful! The information I have available is below.

Info:

microsoft account email address: xxxx

Password for account: xxxx

gamertag: NinjaJ04

failed outlook recovery reference number from email: xxxx

Xbox one Device ID: xxxx

Many Thanks Fraser

:)

Thalid0mide Kid, Jan 7, 2016
  2. Can't go to account management.

I have deleted the second (or backup) email that was associated with my account for security purposes and no longer have that email. Now when I try to go to account management to do anything it says to check that email for a code. Well that email no longer
    exists so what do I do?

IceCold01-1F43B1F3-92ED-4380-957A-87C7F83036C5, Jan 7, 2016
  3. cant get into my account

Ok so a couple of days ago I deleted my email not knowing that it was the email I used to create my xbox live account with now I cant login to my xbox live account because it asks me to login to the email I deleted but I cant since its been deleted. I still
    have my profile on my xbox360 and I can see it but I cant get into it. my gametag is
    [MOD REMOVED] and I can still see its there when i search it on xbox.com too. can you please help me recovery my email or if you cant to that then change the email that my xbox account is under.

my email that i deleted and that is under my xbox account is [MOD REMOVED]

KURD II KING II, Jan 7, 2016
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. You should be able to change the back up email at commerce.microsoft.com but that will take 30 days to take effect.

When you created the account you should have added a phone number. Are you able to use that to get the security code sent to?

onyxishere, Jan 8, 2016
  5. I didn't have a phone number associated it recently asked me to add one but says it will take 30 days to change the old (deleted) email to a phone number to use as a recovery method.

Do I actually have to wait a month to log into the account...

We logged in to the xbox with the correct credentials in the usual location so i'm not sure why it even asked for a two factor authentication that now has us locked out.

Regards

Fraser

Thalid0mide Kid, Jan 8, 2016
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    You could try contacting phone support for more assistance with this but that's about all I have to offer.

If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269

onyxishere, Oct 31, 2018
  7. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. You should be able to change the back up email at commerce.microsoft.com but that will take 30 days to take effect.

When you created the account you should have added a phone number. Are you able to use that to get the security code sent to?
  8. Thalid0mide Kid Win User

I didn't have a phone number associated it recently asked me to add one but says it will take 30 days to change the old (deleted) email to a phone number to use as a recovery method.

Do I actually have to wait a month to log into the account...

We logged in to the xbox with the correct credentials in the usual location so i'm not sure why it even asked for a two factor authentication that now has us locked out.

Regards

Fraser
  9. onyxishere Win User

You could try contacting phone support for more assistance with this but that's about all I have to offer.

If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269
  10. Norbert Varga Win User

Is there any way for me to know what email is connected to my Xbox account?

Well, I guess Im doomed then.

But I remember it asking for a backup email, and a security question, cant I work with any of that?
  11. ngocphi Win User

I'm so very frustrated right now

Thars because you cant use the password reaet email same as your backup email

also you need 2 proofs a sms or phone number or a seperate email or trusted pc

this is a form of authentication if your email is ever compromised you will still get notice of account changes on your backup proof so you will know if you made the change or not

servers will always have extra security and I hate to tell you this but since you brought up ps3

you do need authentication on psn too this has been since the psn intrusion not just your email on serious changes like backup email or phone number or trusted pc
Thema:

1. Deleted security backup email cant login - Similar Threads - Deleted security backup

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  4. Deleting captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting captures: You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!... df7d048c-5163-4092-bf9b-2711cd084e3a
  5. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  6. Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...: Console serial number 090189223117 cc7b311d-94ae-4693-8739-bf4e1a02fcd5
  7. Someone managed to log on to my microsoft account , Add a new security info and delete the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone managed to log on to my microsoft account , Add a new security info and delete the...: Someone managed to grab hold of my account and add their alias account in the security info and deleted the original security info. Is there any way to recover my account back?...
  8. Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...: Hi there, My son's Microsoft account was taken away and then deleted by a bot from Discord. He then lost all his games in the Microsoft account. It happened when a bot from Discord asked him for...
  9. My accounts security info was changed then my account was deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    My accounts security info was changed then my account was deleted: My Microsoft security info was changed after I verified on a discord server and my Microsoft account was then wiped from existence when i tried recovering it it said that the account didn't exist...
  10. Someone added and deleted security info to my microsoft account and my microsoft email and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone added and deleted security info to my microsoft account and my microsoft email and...: Someone got onto my email, added security info and then deleted it, what do I do? My microsoft account is gone along with the subscriptions, I recently created the same account, without any of the...