Deleted Pinned Xbox app on Windows 10, want it back

Discus and support Deleted Pinned Xbox app on Windows 10, want it back in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I didn't have an Xbox before, so I went ahead and removed apps that were pre-pinned by default to my Windows 10 laptop start menu which I thought I'd... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PhysicsNMe, Jul 27, 2018.

1. PhysicsNMe
    PhysicsNMe Guest

I didn't have an Xbox before, so I went ahead and removed apps that were pre-pinned by default to my Windows 10 laptop start menu which I thought I'd never use. Now that I do own an Xbox, how can I readd the Xbox app?

:)

PhysicsNMe, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there BASRA711.

Are you referring to the pin you use to sign into Windows 10? If you open the Xbox app on a mobile device are you prompted to enter a pin or password?

Mister Maka, Jul 27, 2018
  3. xbox app pin

ive downloaded the xbox app on my windows 10 and when I go to sign in on my xbox live account it says I need a pin? what pin and how do I receive one?

WookieeWanderer, Jul 27, 2018
  4. PhysicsNMe
    PhysicsNMe Guest

Update: After searching for this problem, I discovered that trying to reinstall the app via Microsoft Store online got me a popup saying, "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store".

I reset the Xbox and Windows Store apps under
    Settings > Apps & Features and clicking Advanced Options. I then restarted my laptop.

Then the Windows Store apps Troubleshooter via Settings >
    Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Then, I reset the cache using
    this
    info.

Now I can launch the Xbox app via Microsoft Store, but am still unable to get it pinned to Start.

Deleted Pinned Xbox app on Windows 10, want it back [​IMG]

PhysicsNMe, Jul 27, 2018
  5. PhysicsNMe
    PhysicsNMe Guest
    I solved it!

The following bulleted steps were the steps I did to get to the Microsoft Store window shown in the previous post:

• I typed "Xbox" in the search field near Start to get to the Xbox app.

• Clicking on Install app leads me to a Microsoft Store window shown in the pic of the previous post.

After doing the actions in the previous post, I did the bulleted steps.

I waited for a moment without clicking on anything, and noticed that in the upper right corner of the window a number with a download arrow then appeared showing me the number of app updates that are pending for download.

I clicked on it, found the Xbox app to update and proceeded to download the update.

I hit a snag since I got an error pop up message saying:

Something unexpected happened

Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may help.

Code: 0x80070005

I thought I was stuck again.

I redid the bulleted actions.

This time, the options next to the Xbox app tile reflected the error I was getting with updating the app.

I clicked on the 'x' to cancel the attempt to download, and I closed the window.

I redid the bulleted actions, and this time the option to Update appeared without an Error attached to it!

I clicked the button to update the app, and now the greyed out Pin to Start button was finally functional!

PhysicsNMe, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: