Deleted a game through File Explorer but not Xbox app.

Discus and support Deleted a game through File Explorer but not Xbox app. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I uninstalled Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege from file explorer but not the Xbox app and I cannot reinstall it. Steps I took to cause this problem,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Diego094, Sep 20, 2023.

1. Diego094
    Diego094 Guest

So I uninstalled Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege from file explorer but not the Xbox app and I cannot reinstall it.

Steps I took to cause this problem,

1. Moved Rainbow Six to trash bin and permanently deleted it.

2. Went back to Xbox app (I realized I did not mean to delete it) and tried to reinstall it but it only says, PLAY, or, SEE IN UBISOFT CONNECT PC (which I also uninstalled)

3. When I click play, I get: uplay://promotion?subsection=265 Application Not Found

:)

Diego094, Sep 20, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Diego094

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help to reinstall the Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege game on your PC. Here on Xbox platform Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege is not playable on PC and you may confirm it by checking on the Microsoft store and look for the description. You will see there that the game is only PLAYABLE on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles.

[​IMG]

For you to be able to reinstall the game again on your PC. You will need to check where you bought the game and install it through there.

Also you may check the game website to see if you can download through there. Learn more: Buy Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege The Game for PC | Ubisoft Store

If incase you're really having trouble with finding the game you may reach out the Ubisosft support. Learn more: Ubisoft | Welcome to the official Ubisoft website

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. DreamCaster 000 Win User

Bring Back to us FILE EXPLORER XBOX ONE

I download files to my xbox one but now I can't because of stupid Microsoft, I also still have pictures on there which I can still see on there through another app that uses file explorer for browsing but can't delete the pictures.
  4. Flymonkey102 Win User

File Explorer not opening

You can't delete the File Explorer app it's part of the OS. I would try a full power cycle of the Xbox and then try again.
  5. SammyVS Win User

PC Forza Horizon 4 unable to login with Microsoft account

Sign out of your account in the Xbox and Xbox Companion app, delete the files in this path I mentioned, log back into both apps and try again, please

Open File Explorer.

Navigate to the following:

C:\Users\[your profile]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker

Delete the Accounts and Cache folders.
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

how do i fix the game dead by daylight that gives me an error message (resampledmo.dll was not found)

Have you tried reinstalling the Xbox app?

If it's not working on Xbox app, you can uninstall the game then reinstall it through MS store app to see if it works.

Please also open File Explorer using the Windows key + E shortcut.

In the address bar paste the following line:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

If there are Accounts and Cache folders available make sure that you delete them. After removing the cache, try to start the Xbox app again.
Thema:

1. Deleted a game through File Explorer but not Xbox app. - Similar Threads - Deleted game through

2. deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.: by mistake deleted some games how can I restore them. some of these games are off the game pass like minecraft for xbox 1 e26a01a1-24ab-4a2e-b447-678bd36143ac
  3. How do i delete my xbox games on a external drive that has been corrupted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i delete my xbox games on a external drive that has been corrupted?: My external drive on my series s will show that the games i try to uninstall are gone, but the storage taken is still the same as when the game was installed. 29027c81-2fe6-4c75-940f-8ffa841133ef
  4. xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it: as the question says.need to remove it 226b4b41-8d70-4888-94e3-8a8358256ccf
  5. Problem deleting a game from my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem deleting a game from my xbox: There are 2 games I am trying to delete from my xbox 360. Whenever I press delete it pops up with an error message saying there was a problem performing that action...
  6. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  7. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  8. Xbox auto deleting game files?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox auto deleting game files?!: So I have a question for you guys. Ive seen lots of questions but little answers. Seeing if anybody is able to assist with a fix. So I decide to play my COD MW3. I boot up the game and it says I...
  9. If I delete games on my Xbox, one will delete the games off of my series s?

in XboX Insiders
    If I delete games on my Xbox, one will delete the games off of my series s?: I have an Xbox one and upgraded to a series S I’m logged into the same account on both consoles if I delete Digital games off of my Xbox one will delete the games off of my series s as well since...
  10. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...