Dedicated Servers, Halo MCC and Guardian problems

Discus and support Dedicated Servers, Halo MCC and Guardian problems in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; To whom it may concern at X-box Live, 343, and Microsoft; When I purchased Halo MCC, it was with the intent of playing Halo CE, "Free-for-all" online.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GeneWorkman, May 16, 2016.

1. GeneWorkman
    GeneWorkman Guest

To whom it may concern at X-box Live, 343, and Microsoft;

When I purchased Halo MCC, it was with the intent of playing Halo CE, "Free-for-all" online. ( Free-for-all isn't even offered in MCC for Halo one CE.)

Due to the lack of dedicated servers, I and many others have a difficult time with online play. When I shoot at an opponent, I will be right on target (their forehead). Also, (he hasn't got a power up)with five or six shots, he doesn't die. With one shot he
    can kill me. I have been playing this game since it's inception and have been a very successful player in the past. In Guardians, my player level is in the thirties. Someone with a faster internet speed definitely, always has the advantage in Halo MCC. In
    HALO MCC I had to back my level to 3 or 4, or never win a game ever. (which is no fun). The game will also pair me with a 1 or 2 and put us against levels 47s and 50s! This wouldn't bother me if I was by myself with dedicated servers and nobody had the advantage.
    My download speed is 6.4 mbps and my upload speed is .42 mbps, which seems to work great in Guardians with its dedicated servers. There is nothing I can do about my internet speed since it is the fastest speed offered where I live. This has proven to be an
    extremely miserable experience for me and many other bloggers I have chatted with.

Another blogger wrote the following blog which I am now sharing with you

"In any online game, there needs to be a server that receives and transmits data to all of the players. In most games on consoles, the player with the best connection in a game, will be made the server. Because it is an average user, if their connection is
    not that great, or is interrupted, it can cause lag for all of the players. A dedicated server is a server that is not a player, but rather a dedicated computer connection that everyone connects to with more computing power and a better connection. Dedicated
    servers cost money, player servers don't. I personally think it's a rip off that we pay $60 a year for Xbox live and don't receive dedicated servers... Many computer games use dedicated servers and the users pay nothing."

Another thing that is sadly missing in Gaurdians and MCC is a custom map mutiplayer choice for regular players to pick. Here, this beautiful forge has been built with awesome maps and map making abilities, but we can't use it for a multiplayer game. So, you
    download or make some great maps and TRY to get people to play, but, as soon as they realize thats what you have invited them to, they quit! And yes, I realize there are sites like HALOFORGE and reddit, etc but they don't work ether. I tried it and no one
    shows up. I would like some answers. a) Are you going to put dedicated servers in HALO MCC? If yes, when? b)Are you going to put Free-for-all in MCC? c)Are you going to put a custom multiplayer choice in both? I am sure many others won't be buying anything
    else until you start paying attention and make these games more enjoyable.

This letter is from a 56 year young adult who is taking the time to try to help you make a better product. (Please pay attention!)

:)

GeneWorkman, May 16, 2016
  2. Drabz
    Drabz Guest
    local servers for xbox one next week

have had a few games on halo mcc running on dedicated servers - not too many tho but still progress.

Drabz, May 16, 2016
  3. R A G M
    R A G M Guest
    Server Issue

I've had Halo MCC for a while now and for some reason every time I try to play Halo 5 Guardians Beta it says "Server Issue

There was an unexpected issue with the Halo servers. Please try again soon."

Please help me !!!

R A G M, May 16, 2016
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

As this isn't really a support issue you would be better off posting this on the 343i forums
    www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb

To be honest,your broadband speeds are quite low,especially your upload speed,& that may be adding to your problems.

Daft Badger, May 16, 2016
  5. GeneWorkman
    GeneWorkman Guest
    I'm sure this is a major part of the problem I am experiencing with game play. However; I cannot do anything about my internet speed. Dedicated servers, I am sure would help solve the problem. My game play on Guardians is fine since that game uses dedicated
    servers.

GeneWorkman, Nov 2, 2018
  6. GeneWorkman Win User

I'm sure this is a major part of the problem I am experiencing with game play. However; I cannot do anything about my internet speed. Dedicated servers, I am sure would help solve the problem. My game play on Guardians is fine since that game uses dedicated
    servers.
  7. Daft Badger Win User

As this isn't really a support issue you would be better off posting this on the 343i forums
    www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb

To be honest,your broadband speeds are quite low,especially your upload speed,& that may be adding to your problems.
  8. Drabz Win User

local servers for xbox one next week

have had a few games on halo mcc running on dedicated servers - not too many tho but still progress.
  9. NxtDoc1851 Win User

Xbox One Design bundle with the Master Chief Collection?

I think if there was going to be a Halo bundle. It would be when Halo 5: Guardians actually releases. Not with the MCC
  10. xCHEMISTx Win User

Xbox one dedicated servers

I only play shooters that use the Microsoft dedicated servers and so far that is Titanfall and Halo MCC. I don't know about the rest of the world but here in Australia they are working nicely now. Halo MCC had a bit of a rough start and still uses a peer
    to peer backup but it's really nice when you get to play Halo 3 on them (my favourite Halo of all time).
Thema:

1. Dedicated Servers, Halo MCC and Guardian problems - Similar Threads - Dedicated Servers Halo

2. Palworld Update Preview Available on Xbox Insider Program – Try Out Dedicated Servers Today!

in XboX Insiders
    Palworld Update Preview Available on Xbox Insider Program – Try Out Dedicated Servers Today!: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  3. I can't join my freinds dedicated server on Ark survival evolved because it loads my own...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't join my freinds dedicated server on Ark survival evolved because it loads my own...: I've deleted all save data in game but when i use the Xbox app to join my friend's dedicated server on his xbox it loads up a server i played a couple of years ago. I have a character i'm playing...
  4. Ark Dedicated PC Server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark Dedicated PC Server: Hello, I have a Ark Survival Ascended dedicated server that I am currently running but cannot get public access to the PC. I have followed numerous guides on opening up ports, utilizing a VPN as...
  5. new call of duty dedicated server

in XboX Insiders
    new call of duty dedicated server: can we get call of duty dedicated server in israel we have high ping to the european servers there is plenty of dedicated servers in israel you have an office there it will be a game changer for...
  6. Hi, does anyone know if on the windows 11 version of ark, can I run a dedicated server and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, does anyone know if on the windows 11 version of ark, can I run a dedicated server and...: Hello, I'm trying to play Ark Survival Evolved on my PC from the Microsoft Store. I'm attempting to play with a friend who plays on xbox, but I was wondering if I could set up and run a dedicated...
  7. Why is my non dedicated server not saving.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my non dedicated server not saving.: I'm playing, building and traveling with my buddy to play this game. Penguins were not showing up in the game at all. I looked out for help and saw some one say put in prevent hibernation. Ever...
  8. I’m having trouble hosting a non-dedicated Ark survival ascended server, for some reason my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m having trouble hosting a non-dedicated Ark survival ascended server, for some reason my...: I’m having trouble hosting a non-dedicated Ark survival ascended server, for some reason my friends cannot join they time out on the Inv when invited. I am on pc and they are on Xbox, I’ve tried...
  9. Ark Survival Evolved will not let me join non dedicated server with friends.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark Survival Evolved will not let me join non dedicated server with friends.: I have been attempting to join my friends non dedicated server so that we can play together but every time I try to join an error message pops up stating (join failed). I have been able to join...
  10. cant join non dedicated server only get join failed message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant join non dedicated server only get join failed message: I have been trying to play ark with my son but we cant get connected, i tryied non dedecated server i tryed running a dedicated server dut i get the same thing. join fail message. nothing more...