Dec update problems with pause/play ff/rewind

Discus and support Dec update problems with pause/play ff/rewind in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is anyone else finding that pause/play/forward/rewind no longer work for dvds with the dec. 2019 update? 59402f03-8bbb-468c-b30d-f8cc00834e83 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wallramjamman, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Dec update problems with pause/play ff/rewind

Is anyone else finding that pause/play/forward/rewind no longer work for dvds with the dec. 2019 update?

:)

Wallramjamman, Jan 7, 2020
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Wallramjamman,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. As this question has been answered, we will be locking this thread. If you ever have another question or would like to start a discussion, don't hesitate to create a new thread.
    We look forward to hearing more from you soon!
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Wallramjamman,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I haven't seen other threads about this issue and nothing has been reported about this issue. I'd recommend some basic troubleshooting steps that usually resolves most issues
    on the Xbox. While the Xbox is on, go ahead and do a hard
    restart and power cycle
    to the console. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds or until it shuts down. Once the Xbox is off, remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and
    wait 60 seconds before turning on the Xbox. Holding down the power button on the console to force a shutdown is an important step.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a soft factory reset.
    1. Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
    2. Scroll to the right and select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the accounts that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your network during the
    reset.

Let us know if either the power cycle or soft factory reset helps.
  4. Wallramjamman Win User

Thanks Diego. That solved it.
  5. ShadowChaser36 Win User

Do we still need our Cable remote ?

@Fyre. You still need to use your remote to access your DVR content and to record programs. However, once you start a recorded show, you can use voice to play, pause, ff, and rewind.
  6. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Hooking up my Tivo with xboxone

Hey gibby, you can change channels and you'll actually be able to pause/rewind/ff content as well. While in Live TV, hit the 'A' button to bring up transport controls.

We've tested on several TiVos and they work well :)
Thema:

1. Dec update problems with pause/play ff/rewind - Similar Threads - Dec update problems

2. My son purchased FIFA twice on Dec 3rd. He requested a refund explaining this and was...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son purchased FIFA twice on Dec 3rd. He requested a refund explaining this and was...: Please see question above. No email was sent regarding the denied request. Purchase was the 3rd. Request made on the 8th Dec. Thank-you a5ae2032-1877-4d91-b893-3eabd4a5174f
  3. What is the legal precedent behind shutting down Minecraft migration on Dec 18, 2023? I had...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the legal precedent behind shutting down Minecraft migration on Dec 18, 2023? I had...: How is it legal for Microsoft to do this? I purchased a product from a separate entity, had no information about the migration / migration support and now after a few years of not playing, I have...
  4. People should sue with a class action over the account hack and services down Dec. 2023

in XBoX Accessibility
    People should sue with a class action over the account hack and services down Dec. 2023: This is infuriating beyond belief. If this isn't resoled, I. quit anything Microsoft forever. First the Windows upgrade forced a disk drive check ha wrote over my drive on a dual boot system....
  5. Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec device now switching off mid game and prompted with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec device now switching off mid game and prompted with...: Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec and now the device is switching off mid game and prompted with thermal warning on restart. [img] [img] Is this an issue with the device itself and needs...
  6. Can we get a credit for the difference we paid for an Xbox x on dec 3 and what they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can we get a credit for the difference we paid for an Xbox x on dec 3 and what they are...: I paid $439 on Dec 3 and now they are priced at $399. The human chatter said '.... oh not possible, yada, yada, yada..." seems like very poor customer treatment. 1d463cc4-bb5b-4580-a9b1-dbf0f143ec61
  7. I was banned on MWIII on DEC 8 by Xbox Enforcement and activision took that decision...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was banned on MWIII on DEC 8 by Xbox Enforcement and activision took that decision...: I was banned from cod activision while I was playing on MW3. I contacted activision support and they told me that xbox enforcement team are the ones that banned me. how can they banned me tho I...
  8. The Mahjong daily challenge Lightening Tiles Dec-10-2023 is not solvable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Mahjong daily challenge Lightening Tiles Dec-10-2023 is not solvable: *The Mahjong daily challenge Lightening Tiles Dec-10-2023 is not solvable. There are 2 youtube videos showing a win after the tile hits zero, which is not possible in the real game. Have been...
  9. Game bought in Dec lost

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game bought in Dec lost: Good morning I purchased modern warfare 9n the 21st of December and refunded it because I I was playing the trial on my other x box account and rather bought it on that account. This morning the...
  10. I purchased a X BOX S/X series controller in Dec 2022 but the warranty is shown up to March...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased a X BOX S/X series controller in Dec 2022 but the warranty is shown up to March...: I purchased a X BOX S/X series controller in Dec 2022 but the warranty is shown up to March 2023 only please guide as what should be the actual warranty and whom should I contact for guiding me....