Dead cells "this app can't open"

Discus and support Dead cells "this app can't open" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been playing on game pass on PC and yesterday I bought the game and all the dlc. I just tried to play it now and it says "this app can't open.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pr0lifik, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Pr0lifik
    Pr0lifik Guest

I have been playing on game pass on PC and yesterday I bought the game and all the dlc. I just tried to play it now and it says "this app can't open. Check the windows store for more info about dead cells." It doesn't even have an error number. Just a hyperlink "see in store" that takes me to Microsoft store page. Everything is updated the store, the Xbox app. So idk what it could potentially be and I read If I reinstall I will lose all progress. Please help me

:)

Pr0lifik, Apr 26, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Kindly try to repair the game. Open the Xbox app for Windows. In My Library, select the game title. Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage. Select Files and then Verify and repair.
  3. PhilippePlas Win User

Error 0x87e00013 while updating a game in XBox beta onPC

same issue ... can't update any xbox game pass PC games....

have to uninstall /reinstall.

other apps (that are not xbox game pass) are uptated through store without any issue.

for microsoft: dead cells has no cloud saves through xbox live (working on outer world/gears 5..but not dead cells)
  4. Kyepernicus Win User

Game Pass PC

No error message the game up has a quick popup and then disappears. If I mash the play button for dead cells it opens like 20 dead cell windows, lets me play for like 30 sec then crashes.

I havent re-installed it yet, I downloaded it yesterday so I felt like that is kind of redundant to have to do that. Could be wrong.

Ill give it a go.

No worries, Dead Cells is bosssss

*UPDATE*

Just uninstalled xbox and reinstalled. Same issue, no fix. Thoughts?
  5. Geth Win User

What are your gaming plans for the Holiday period?

I'm gonna reply the Red Dead Redemption 2 campaign and then play Dead Cells.
  6. Hilly VI Win User

Favorite Indies?

Dead cells is an absolute gem! Loved it
Thema:

1. Dead cells "this app can't open" - Similar Threads - Dead cells app

2. I have a issue with dead cells

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a issue with dead cells: I have an error called "Null access" and this appeared Null access Called from tool.SpeedrunData.saveBestRunTime...
  3. Dead Cells uncaught exception error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Cells uncaught exception error: A few days ago I was play able to this game but then I got this error. Null access Called from tool.SpeedrunData.saveBestRunTime...
  4. Dead Cell crashes when selecting my save file and is unplayable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Cell crashes when selecting my save file and is unplayable: I launch the game, but when I hit play on my main save file the game crashes and shows this error: Null access Called from tool.SpeedrunData.saveBestRunTime...
  5. I need help with Dead Cells. For some reason the moment i press the play button it crashes....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with Dead Cells. For some reason the moment i press the play button it crashes....: Null access Called from tool.SpeedrunData.saveBestRunTime (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\src/tool/SpeedrunData.hx line 44) Called from tool.SpeedrunData.newGame...
  6. I purchased some auric cells at dead by daylight and they didn't give them to me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased some auric cells at dead by daylight and they didn't give them to me: I made the purchase of 12,500 cells and there was an error in the purchase where they deducted my money but did not give me the cells. 09912cc2-6b5f-4a3a-bccf-bbeee8e80d94
  7. Can't play Dead Cells and Hollow Knight because I'm stuck on an infinite login screen

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play Dead Cells and Hollow Knight because I'm stuck on an infinite login screen: Hey there, I recently redeemed my free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (1 month) which was included in my laptop purchase, and I downloaded Dead Cells and Hollow Knight. The thing is, I can't open them...
  8. Dead Cells from GamePass crashes on "Play"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Cells from GamePass crashes on "Play": Pretty much what the title says. Crash log below. Tried reinstalling, repairing, all to no avail. I don't have a D drive on my personal PC, I am the only user, and I have never installed any...
  9. Dead cells on PC Gamepass crashes and is unplayable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead cells on PC Gamepass crashes and is unplayable: The game will launch but as soon as I hit play game I get the following pop up window and the game crashes. I have restarted my computer multiple times, made sure OS, xbox app, and graphic drivers...
  10. Alguém quer uma chave de dead cells?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Alguém quer uma chave de dead cells?: galera to vendendo uma key dead cells p xbox qm quiser responde o comentário Guys I'm selling a key dead cells for xbox anyone who wants to reply to the comment b010c15e-cc93-4b8e-a00c-0cb9c9e6e7a5